Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Typical wait time on a pre-order asp part?

Typical wait time on a pre-order asp part? 3 months 1 week ago #80943

• Snajeelay
  • Embrace the shadows...
  • Thank you received: 10
So I ordered my custom saber from the asp back on July 22nd, and the handle was a reborn on pre-order with a 6-8 week lead time.

Im now on week 14 going into 15 and have not heard a thing yet about my saber. I did e-mail sales yesterday but have not received a reply yet.

Is this a typical wait time on a custom saber with a pre-order?

I was kinda hoping to have it for Halloween...

Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Brax.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Typical wait time on a pre-order asp part? 3 months 1 week ago #80959

• Shai Kah
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 50
I ordered the same part the 21st, am in the same boat as you. I emailed sales about this and they said they were having a shortage and expected at 4-6 week delay. So between now and November 3rd they SHOULD have the parts in. If not... I will go from just hoping it get in soon to a bit upset that they are taking almost 4 months to get these parts in order.

Typical wait time on a pre-order asp part? 3 months 6 days ago #80971

• Snajeelay
  • Embrace the shadows...
When did you get that response?

I heard there was quite the wait time before I ordered and that it wad worth it, but I do not beleive the average wait time was past 12 weeks.

Typical wait time on a pre-order asp part? 3 months 6 days ago #80973

• Shai Kah
  • Premium Member
The wait time for pre order parts is supposed to be 6-8 weeks, I got the response of "another 4-6 weeks" on Friday, September 22nd. So according to India, they SHOULD be in between now and November 3rd

Typical wait time on a pre-order asp part? 3 months 6 days ago #80975

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 447
It was about 16 weeks for me to get a pommel that I pre-ordered. With how un-popular ASP apparently is compared to just buying a complete hilt, I can see the lead times on pre-orders going up unfortunately. So... get those pre-orders in so they know we love ASP! lol

Typical wait time on a pre-order asp part? 3 months 6 days ago #80978

• Snajeelay
  • Embrace the shadows...
I sense a day before delivery...

Typical wait time on a pre-order asp part? 3 months 6 days ago #80981

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 228
KelbornX wrote:
It was about 16 weeks for me to get a pommel that I pre-ordered. With how un-popular ASP apparently is compared to just buying a complete hilt, I can see the lead times on pre-orders going up unfortunately. So... get those pre-orders in so they know we love ASP! lol

It's not likely to get more popular if people have to wait that long VS buying an Initiate tier hilt for a project. Just saying. I love the system and want to do an ASP order in the near-ish future, probably by the end of the year. I have a few ideas in mind, and some use parts that are on pre-order. At least I know how long I can expect to wait for those.

Typical wait time on a pre-order asp part? 3 months 6 days ago #80989

• Snajeelay
  • Embrace the shadows...
KelbornX wrote:

I don't understand why one would not want one of their own designs as a lightsaber rather than a pre-existing character's. Granted it's from mix and match parts from the universe, but still.

That was 100% the reason I why I bought from SF.

Typical wait time on a pre-order asp part? 3 months 6 days ago #80992

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 447
Snajeelay wrote:
I don't understand why one would not want one of their own designs as a lightsaber rather than a pre-existing character's. Granted it's from mix and match parts from the universe, but still.

Buying something already put together is just simpler for most. About half of the people that I've explained the ASP system to on FB decide to just get an Elite hilt instead, saying "Oh that's too complicated for me lol". I for one am not certain how "plug it in, screw it together" is "complicated", but to each their own I guess.

Typical wait time on a pre-order asp part? 3 months 6 days ago #80996

• Darth Squidious
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 277
Snajeelay wrote:
KelbornX wrote:

Totally agree, I'm not a huge fan of the cannon hilts, though I have a graflex and Im waiting for an MPP mk1. The K4 and DV6 are also on my list. But man do I love designing and building originals, there is just something about having something that's uniquely yours, it's a shame more people don't feel that way.

We've had the discussion before, we are the exception rather than the rule. Most SF customers aren't interested in diving down the rabbit hole.
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Typical wait time on a pre-order asp part? 3 months 5 days ago #81004

• Armymedic1975
  • Thank you received: 43
I designed my own hilt but letting them do the electronics install. Order paid for just waiting on it lol it will take a bit of time though. Requested transparant gold powder coating
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

Typical wait time on a pre-order asp part? 3 months 5 days ago #81005

• wamphyri13
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 83
I agree with Squidious and Snajeelay. With a mix and match system of parts, why would you NOT want to design your own? Sure, I may not want to do the electronics myself, either, but that's what the 3 tiers of assembly are for. The price difference between an ASP saber and an Elite saber of the same tier is minimal, depending on your parts selection of course. When my current orders are delivered, I will have purchased 15 sabers in just one year. Only two are canon. (SC2 Redeemer and SC3 Reliant) Two are Warrior apprentice Mystery Sabers, two are Elite empties bought during the 50% off sale I'm going to use for parts and make my own sabers out of (Justicar and Mercenary), and the remaining 9 are all 3 tiers of ASP. I never even considered Ultra Sabers when I found the variety on Saber Forge. I hope ASP picks up. I for one do not look forward to it's demise.
Ryan
No matter where you go, there you are.

Typical wait time on a pre-order asp part? 3 months 5 days ago #81006

• Snajeelay
  • Embrace the shadows...
We're very sorry to be the bearer of bad news, however, we are experiencing a temporary delay for our X, and unfortunately, your order has been affected and will be delayed while we work to get this resolved. At this time, we are anticipating a 4-6 week delay. I sincerely apologize for any disappointment this may cause you, and we would like to offer you a couple choices for your order:
Would you like to continue to wait?

Just received today after a 2-3 day wait for a reply.

Obviously, I am going to wait because I always liked the handle I have selected, so I wont compromise.

I also had purchased it with champion tier assembly, as I don't ever see myself having the time to properly wire to assemble.

So I am beginning to believe I wont have my saber for Halloween and will have to use a cheap $20 toy Dx
Last Edit: 3 months 5 days ago by Brax.

Typical wait time on a pre-order asp part? 3 months 5 days ago #81007

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1004
Hi Everybody,

I too would be disappointed in the demise of ASP, but I have to ask the question again..."What promotional/advertising has been done to make people aware of it OUTSIDE of the bubble of social media and Facebook?"
I have been in this hobby as an owner for nearly 2 years now and during that time guess how many adverts I have seen for ASP System Sabers?

NONE! Not a single pop up ad, not a single Saberforge windowed banner ad, nothing. I have seen HUNDREDS for the other big company and their sabers (even when doing my groceries shopping online.)

I am also saying this having used a clean computer without any internet Cookies to influence potential content suggestions or offerings. As a member here my laptop will have references to sabers in it's memory and search engines (SEO) use these references to prioritise such ads (you like sabers...here are some saber pages, ads etc).
I even carried out an experiment using a computer at my local library to search for SF or ASP adverts or promotional material, wanna know what I found?
1) An article written by Master Dain (a member of this forum) for the website Sword Buyers Guide Online,
2) an article in the Portland Tribune with pictures of "Mr & Mrs Saberforge" in their cosplay outfits (no pictures of ASP parts or sabers) and
3) a video on a page at KVAL.com which wouldn't even load up!
That was it!

There is still the SF ASP Kickstarter pages up saying the campaign had raised $1.2million (an increase of 1200% of their initial target) and talking about the problems they were then having to balance like building the "FACTORY" and procuring supplies etc. (I did get to see the Saberforge Elves again...wonder how many are still there?)

Any way this is getting close to ranting so I'll finish by saying this. If you don't make the non saber community aware of your product (and how good you think it is) then you aren't gonna grow your market beyond the likes of us in the know already.
If Phil and SF have an advertising program in place and for some reason I have missed it then I apologise, I'm just going on what I could find.

For what it's worth I've been making anybody and everybody I know or meet aware of ASP (even if I can't buy any)
For Tyeth
The following user(s) said Thank You: Armymedic1975

Typical wait time on a pre-order asp part? 3 months 5 days ago #81008

• Edon Bluewolf
  • Thank you received: 19
For me, the singular reason I have not bought an ASP saber even though I have sooo wanted one, is $PRICE$. Once you add up everything, and especially for those of us who would also require their assembly services, it comes out to almost twice what it would cost to get one of their standard designs from their website and just modify slightly with an additional emitter or pommel.
“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Typical wait time on a pre-order asp part? 3 months 5 days ago #81009

• Armymedic1975
Edon Bluewolf wrote:
For me, the singular reason I have not bought an ASP saber even though I have sooo wanted one, is $PRICE$. Once you add up everything, and especially for those of us who would also require their assembly services, it comes out to almost twice what it would cost to get one of their standard designs from their website and just modify slightly with an additional emitter or pommel.

Actually not true Edon my prebuilt exile cost $393 whereas my asp custom build costs $483 thats only $90. Imho that $90 extra is worth it to add my own design influence into a saber. Dont gert me wrong I love my exile but I am also going to love my custom design

Typical wait time on a pre-order asp part? 3 months 5 days ago #81010

• Armymedic1975
Im also going to pimp the hell out of the ASP program lol regardless of how small and insignificant my youtube channel is lol

Typical wait time on a pre-order asp part? 3 months 5 days ago #81012

• Rhyno
  • Elite Member
  • MTFBWY
  • Thank you received: 76
IMHO ASP is for a semi DIY person who doesn't want to hassle with the soldering, but want's a totally unique saber created by their own sense of aesthetics and creativity. It may be a little more expensive but you can express yourself and create your own one of kind saber.
There is no Light, There is no Dark, There is only the Force!

Typical wait time on a pre-order asp part? 3 months 5 days ago #81013

• Snajeelay
  • Embrace the shadows...
Edon Bluewolf wrote:

To be honest, it was a Birthday/X-mas gift from my wife and we saved for about 3-4 months casually for it.

Once your willing to pay $300 for a beaut of a saber thats cannon, another $100 for your own is pennies. That $100 = one days work.

Typical wait time on a pre-order asp part? 3 months 5 days ago #81021

• Shai Kah
  • Premium Member
My saber is $210 for the empty hilt, add electronics (I want the hero kit, for the sound fonts on saberfont) and I'm looking at $622 (including day blade, normal blade, and blade plug) which is a lot more than if I just bought the Bane Mk II with a polished finish in champion tier. The mane would cost $500, $400 without the polished finish. It is a lot more expensive. if someone wanted them to put it together for them it'd cost another almost $100.
We're very sorry to be the bearer of bad news, however, we are experiencing a temporary delay for our X, and unfortunately, your order has been affected and will be delayed while we work to get this resolved. At this time, we are anticipating a 4-6 week delay. I sincerely apologize for any disappointment this may cause you, and we would like to offer you a couple choices for your order:
Would you like to continue to wait?

This is the exact message I received 3 weeks ago, so it leads me to believe I won't be getting my saber soon. Very frustrating, it better come in before I go back home from college (it's coming into my college mailbox)
Last Edit: 3 months 5 days ago by Shai Kah.
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• ASP Wave 2 Renders (42 Posts)
    • Dunno. While I personally appreciate ASP as a DIY system, I always figured it was primarily a means...
    • The Count questions (12 Posts)
    • So, here are my questions that require answering before I order: 1. Is the pommel detachable? 2. Is...
    • Quote: Quote: [attachment] Dude! A Plo Koon hilt. Incorrectly named KaiAdi.jpg, but I can forgive that....
    • Quote: [attachment] Dude! A Plo Koon hilt. Incorrectly named KaiAdi.jpg, but I can forgive that....

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6468
  • Latest Member: jakUseno
  • Total Posts: 64.4k
  • Total Topics: 5448
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 5
  • Yesterday Open: 9
  • Today Answer: 56
  • Yesterday Answer: 79