Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: First Saber + a few questions

First Saber + a few questions 3 months 1 week ago #82634

• 42Scope42
Designed my saber, meant for either red or blue blades depending on what I feel like at the time

http://www.saberparts.com/#/configure?code=4.117.1.0-3.109.1.0-2.72.1.0-1.43.1.0-7.152.19.0-6.149.3.0-5.144.0.0

A few questions though:
Is the second hole in the switch section where the recharge port goes if you have one? If not what do you put there?
What are the LED die colour mixes for the various shades of plug-and-play red LEDs (red, medium red, deep red) and is the white pnp LED 4 white LED dies?
What is the difference between the red and photo red LED dies?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

First Saber + a few questions 3 months 1 week ago #82639

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 500
Yes, the second hole is for the recharge port. Only Warrior tier doesn't have a port, and it will come with a dummy switch cover for the second hole.

See this thread for the LED mixes.
https://saberforgeforum.com/forum/saber-forge-saber-gallery/11313-sf-quad-cree-mixing-combinations-colour-gallery

The White should be four white dies (WWWW). I ordered White a few months ago and got Frost (WWWB) instead though.

Red is 4x R, Medium Red is 2xR and 2x pR, and Deep Red is 4x pR.

Red is very orange-y and photo red is a true RED red. If you want a Red like you see in the films (and the preview in the ASP builder), get Deep/Photo Red. Do note that it is a bit dimmer than standard Red, but the richness of color is well worth it imo. Standard Red is quite orange, especially on camera, and because Deep Red is so close to infrared, it will have a pinkish hue when photographed even though your eyes will not see that in-person.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 42Scope42

First Saber + a few questions 3 months 1 week ago #82651

• 42Scope42
Sounds like I'd want to get deep red and deep blue then.
I asked about the white because would I be correct in thinking the day blades would be brighter with white rather than coloured LEDs?

First Saber + a few questions 3 months 1 week ago #82666

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
Not really. A day blade basically acts like a giant color filter, and it's going to block a lot of the wavelengths in white light. They can be used with a White LED similar to color discs as a "poor man's RGB" ... but I never found it particularly impressive.

First Saber + a few questions 3 months 1 week ago #82667

• 42Scope42
So with a day blade it isn't really worth using LEDs at all?

First Saber + a few questions 3 months 1 week ago #82673

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
They are, with a matching color. You won't see much out in broad daylight (particularly around noon) anyway... but under heavy indoor lighting (such as fluorescent lights at a convention) or moderate light outdoors they will be less washed-out looking than a standard blade.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Polish / Polish + Clear C... (2 Posts)
    • Quote: Anybody have any images of Saber’s with either of these applied? Also what is the difference...
    • Strange Occurrence (2 Posts)
    • Quote: I don't know what the hell would have caused it to stop working, then be fine the second I adjust...
    • [FOR SALE] DOWNSIZING CLE... (28 Posts)
    • Quote: Just to know, how much do they cost each ? ^^' If, by the last three you refer: the etched...
    • Polish / Polish + Clear C... (2 Posts)
    • Anybody have any images of Saber’s with either of these applied? Also what is the difference...
    • Strange Occurrence (2 Posts)
    • So I've recently gotten my Prodigy back from repairs, they completely replaced my hilt and the sound...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6700
  • Latest Member: Shelbywoort
  • Total Posts: 66.8k
  • Total Topics: 5649
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 12
  • Yesterday Answer: 74