Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Prodigal Son ASP

Prodigal Son ASP 11 months 3 weeks ago #15885

• cybernick
  • Thank you received: 9
I am trying to redeem my reward and I am trying to build an PS out ASP part. I have some questions:

1- I see no pommel for PS. The body has the pommel buy what about the speaker cover ?
2- I need the triage D ring. How can I add this?
3- How do I set that I need the blade to be compatible for thin necked sabers?
4- Obviously I can not use blade blug for PS but I can use for my existing sabers? If so how can I choose the side of it?
The topic has been locked.

Prodigal Son ASP 11 months 3 weeks ago #15890

• Jyn-Toar
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17
Someone was looking to build a Redeemer and had similar questions. I'll answer what I can, unless h2soy beats me to it. :P

1. There isn't one. The Jade pommel appears to be most similar.
2. As of yet it isnt available. It might be in extension packs, otherwise you could always see kf you could send it in to SF to have the part added after you get the saber.
3. Not sure on this. You might just get that blade automatically with a thin neck emitter.
4. Yep, a blade plug will work on existing sabers. You should be able to add it to the order. All of the plugs will be 1" OD, but length will vary. If you have a windowed saber, get a longer plug. If not, get a shorter one.
Last Edit: 11 months 3 weeks ago by Jyn-Toar.

Prodigal Son ASP 11 months 3 weeks ago #15895

• Darth Floyd
  • Premium Member
  • Let the Wookie win
  • Thank you received: 20
The graflex pommel will give you a D ring.

Prodigal Son ASP 11 months 3 weeks ago #15899

• RHightower
I have seen no indication that the actual blade is a different size for 'thin necked' sabers only the inability to use a blade plug.

Prodigal Son ASP 11 months 3 weeks ago #15917

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 744
Blade for thin-neck sabers is not sized differently. However the diffuser film in the blade is not glued down, as it is in regular blades. In addition, it is cut a little higher from the bottom of the blade to allow for the socketed style of the emitter. Rather than just being a 1" hole that you put the blade into, and tighten the retention screw, there is an outer ring, and an inner ring, which the bottom of the blade has to fit between. If the diffuser film were glued in, or not cut high enough, the tight fit would force it upward, smashing it along the way. So be sure to specify thin-neck blade if you have the choice.

As for blade plugs, even the shorter style would stick up above the top of the emitter by a good 1/2 inch. It can work, but you would have to cut that extra 1/2 inch off to make it visually appealing.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro2044

Prodigal Son ASP 11 months 3 weeks ago #15919

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Brax nailed it on the head. With everything. My job here is done.

Prodigal Son ASP 11 months 3 weeks ago #15920

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 744
Every once in awhile, I get the chance to be useful around here, rather than just running off at the keyboard about stuff. :P
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Prodigal Son ASP 11 months 3 weeks ago #16031

• wedge3315
how would the blade design impact the ASP parts? since its supposed to be interchangeable, and im using the same blade to fit another ASP emitter?
:(

Prodigal Son ASP 11 months 3 weeks ago #16044

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
They are interchangeable. You can use a thin-neck blade in any emitter, but only a thin-neck blade in a thin-neck emitter. So if you have something different, that's not thin-neck, it's fine. The blade itself is NO DIFFERENT. There's no size difference, there's nothing whatsoever different about the blade itself.

The ONLY difference is the film and glue within the bottom of the bottom. In a thin neck, it's not glued, and it's cut higher. That's it.

You can get a different blade if you want to... there's no harm in having spare blades around, but you can also use that single blade for both.

Prodigal Son ASP 6 months 2 weeks ago #31162

• Seraphyn303
  • Thank you received: 29
Hmm..were we supposed to specify the blade type on the order form? I didn't even know this was an option. Oops.

Prodigal Son ASP 6 months 2 weeks ago #31203

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 439
Seraphyn303 wrote:
Hmm..were we supposed to specify the blade type on the order form? I didn't even know this was an option. Oops.

Hopefully when they are putting orders together, they notice which ones have a thin neck emitter and pack in the appropriate blade.

Also, I know this thread is an old one (and therefore I don't know what the ASP builder was like back then), but the Prodigal Son and the Redeemer pommels are in the builder; they just got put at the end of the list along with the Relic pommel.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor
Last Edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by Jaden Korr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Seraphyn303
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Deeper Reds Coming! (9 Posts)
    • Red = 4 Red (current offering) Medium Red = 2 Red + 2 Deep Red Deep Red = 4 Deep Red Is this...
    • ASP Site Is Live! (43 Posts)
    • Nice to see real life pics of all of the parts in their various finishes. Too bad there are already...
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (175 Posts)
    • Did she put a mail hold on her house? In the US you can ask the Post Office to hold your mail for up...
    • For Sale: Weathered Champ... (1 Posts)
    • I picked up a Champion Bane through the ASP Kickstarter and after looking at my collection I came to...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4383
  • Latest Member: DarthCyrus
  • Total Posts: 44.2k
  • Total Topics: 3183
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 7
  • Today Answer: 36
  • Yesterday Answer: 63