Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Necessary Electronics Purchase For 1st Lightsaber?

Necessary Electronics Purchase For 1st Lightsaber? 4 months 5 days ago #83312

• juggerp
Hey guys,

I'm seriously considering purchasing my first lightsaber using the ASP system as I thought it would be really fun for me and my son to assemble together as a scavenger hunt Jedi quest around the house & yard. My question, though, deals with the necessary electronics. I understand the various parts of the saber (emitter, pommel, body, etc.) but I am not quite sure what I need to purchase on the electronics-side, so here are a couple of questions hopefully someone can answer:

#1 - I believe that the PnP Champion SaberCore 3.0 is what I want. Am I correct in assuming that I need to purchase a PnP LED of my desired color as well?

#2 - Is there an option for a wall-charger so that I could keep the lightsaber plugged in and on while on display (I didn't initially see this).

#3 - Does the lightsaber normally come shipped disassembled?

#4 - This is probably a stupid question, but is the Kill Key accessory used to replace the regular on/off button for the saber?

#5 - Is there any other electronics accessory that I am missing here or anything else to take into consideration before I place my order? (I know that the SaberCore are on backorder)

Thank you for your time!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Necessary Electronics Purchase For 1st Lightsaber? 4 months 5 days ago #83314

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 543
1. Yes, you need the PnP LED. You also need a PnP Momentary Switch. Either the lighted one or the unlit one.

https://saberforge.com/collections/plug-play-electronics/products/avswitch
https://saberforge.com/collections/plug-play-electronics/products/aspswitch?variant=34947230410

2. With the 3.0 it should come with the USB charging cord and a wall adapter. I know the 2.0 came with the wall charger for it, stands the reason the 3.0 will as well. As for leaving it plugged in while on display, that is not necessary. The board has a deep sleep function that puts it into a very low power mode after a time delay. It'll take months for it to drain.

There used to be mention of a "nightlight" feature in the FAQ, but it looks like it was removed. That feature would have enabled it to do what you wanted: be turned on while plugged in. I'm guessing it just wasn't a popular enough feature for them to continue offering it, though you may wish to contact the SF Customs Shop and see if they might still be able to do it.

3. If you order it as ASP parts, yes. If you order it with the ASP Assembly Service it will come assembled. The electronics Kit will be put together as shown in the store.

4. No. The kill key is used with the Hero and now again the Veteran boards to cut power to the board for storage, as those boards to not have a deep sleep function. Essentially it does the same thing as plugging in the 2.1mm charger plug ... only without the charging. Since the 3.0 uses micro USB, a kill key is useless for it.

5. As above in #1, you also need to add a switch with the kit. You may also desire a blade plug for when the saber is on display.
Last Edit: 4 months 5 days ago by KelbornX.
The following user(s) said Thank You: juggerp

Necessary Electronics Purchase For 1st Lightsaber? 4 months 5 days ago #83315

• juggerp
Great thank you very much for the info! I actually have one more question - does SaberForge do any sort of inscriptions? I emailed them through their contact form but never got a reply back. I was thinking of doing an inscription for my son in Aurabesh as a cool extra. I'd put this either on the body somewhere if possible or around the edge of the blade plug.

Necessary Electronics Purchase For 1st Lightsaber? 4 months 5 days ago #83316

• Rhyno
  • Platinum Member
  • MTFBWY
  • Thank you received: 130
2. yes the SC3.0 does come with a micro USB power cord included, similar to what is used for a cell phone.

3. if you're going to want to put it together don't use the ASP assembly service. the parts will come individually wrapped.
There is no Light, There is no Dark, There is only the Force!
Last Edit: 4 months 5 days ago by Rhyno.
The following user(s) said Thank You: juggerp

Necessary Electronics Purchase For 1st Lightsaber? 4 months 4 hours ago #83517

• krashknight64
Is it possible to use initiate tier hilt and put the electronics in yourself?

Necessary Electronics Purchase For 1st Lightsaber? 3 months 4 weeks ago #83522

• Rhyno
  • Platinum Member
  • MTFBWY
  • Thank you received: 130
Hi krashknight64
Yes absolutely you can
There is no Light, There is no Dark, There is only the Force!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krashknight64
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Adept (4 Posts)
    • Quote: Hey all Looking at buying an Adept, but have a question to all those who own one. Are the shroud...
    • Sabercore 3.0 (27 Posts)
    • Am now getting a message in the corner with the usb icon telling me to eject sabercore and remove...
    • Saber Forge Forum Shuttin... (49 Posts)
    • Quote: Extremely sad news. Quite speechless right now so I’ll just say I’m going to miss all you great...
    • Saber Forge Forum Shuttin... (49 Posts)
    • Extremely sad news. Quite speechless right now so I’ll just say I’m going to miss all you great...
    • Sabercore 3.0 (27 Posts)
    • Yeah bud the editor downloads fine and when I plug in the saber the activation switch flashes and...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6835
  • Latest Member: ValkyrieGondul
  • Total Posts: 69.3k
  • Total Topics: 5831
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 25
  • Yesterday Answer: 68