Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: First Lightsaber, what else do I need?

First Lightsaber, what else do I need? 1 month 1 day ago #83317

• Onurb9319
So, I designed a lightsaber through the saberforge configuration choosing the parts I desire.
I got this list from it :

ASP . Vigilant Pommel . Standard
ASP . Venom Body . Standard
ASP . Venom Switch . Standard
ASP . Vengeance Emitter . Standard
ASP . Led 12W+ . Red
ASP . Blade Plug 4 . Silver
ASP . Blade 32'' . null
ASP . Sound Crimson . null

Now my question is, to make the order, what else do I need to add to the list? I want it with the Soundboard of course.
Do I need to add the Sound board, the on/off switch and the battery and it's holder?
I'd be glad if anyone could tell me what do I need to build it.

Thank you all
The administrator has disabled public write access.

First Lightsaber, what else do I need? 1 month 1 day ago #83320

• Rhyno
  • Elite Member
  • MTFBWY
  • Thank you received: 76
HereHello Onurb9319
Yes you’ll need the electronics, as of right now there are 2 flavors of sound options for ASP
Hero tier Here
Champion tier Here
You’ll also need a switch
Unlighted Here and lighted Here
And of course your LED Here
If you wait a little they will have 2 more sound options a bit lower in price than the champion
Good luck MTFBWY in your purchase!
There is no Light, There is no Dark, There is only the Force!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Onurb9319

First Lightsaber, what else do I need? 1 month 18 hours ago #83363

• Danielbs80
  • Thank you received: 1
if you plan to use all the electronics from here I would probably either get the plug N play or just have them put it together for you with one of their packages you can add. I don't think it's a very big price difference to do it yourself. I think having them do it might even be a better deal because you get a blade with it too.

First Lightsaber, what else do I need? 4 weeks 1 day ago #83459

• Major_Tom
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 23
DIY
12w+ : $19.99
Lens : $ 5.99
Heatsink : $ 9.99
Champion 3.0 : $99.00
Speaker . : $2.99
light up switch : $9.99
Battery : $9.99

Total :$157.94

P&P
Champion 3.0 : $199.00
12w+ LED . : $39.99
Switch : $9.99

Total :$248.98

Champion Assembly service :$249.99

So between PnP and the full monty, no theres no price difference, but you get more control with PnP and self-assembly, but you can also request in the order notes that they not superglue the threads.

DIY however saves you a hundred bucks, but you better be confident in your soldering skills, and you get no std 1 year warranty.

ASP assembly service seems to be the only way to get energy vibration in your ASP but I would need confirmation on that.
The Force flows through us all, in all of its peace and passion

First Lightsaber, what else do I need? 4 weeks 1 day ago #83460

• Snajeelay
  • Embrace the shadows...
  • Thank you received: 10
1 year warrenty, energy vibe and garenteed done right is worth the money imo

First Lightsaber, what else do I need? 4 weeks 1 day ago #83461

• Onurb9319
Thanks a lot everyone!!!

Also, a friend asked me, if he purchases one of the shoto or apprentice sabers. Is it possible to install the champion saber core 3.0 PnP into one of those sabers?

I'm super excited with purchasing the saber, though if I buy it by parts, it will cost nearly 450$.

MTFBWY

First Lightsaber, what else do I need? 4 weeks 1 day ago #83462

• Rhyno
  • Elite Member
  • MTFBWY
  • Thank you received: 76
Champion 3.0 ASP cones with energy vibration included
and if you go the ASP rout abut put it together yourself, you'll alighn it the way you want and save the $250 assembly service
There is no Light, There is no Dark, There is only the Force!

First Lightsaber, what else do I need? 3 weeks 4 days ago #83573

• InTheShadows
  • Red is the only LED
Before you hit the purchase button I recommend checking out the variants of red LEDs.
You might find the deep red more appealing!
(I wish I had gone with deep red but apparently it’s too late now)
Swordplay is not a dance, an attack should be fast, efficient and to the point.

First Lightsaber, what else do I need? 2 weeks 4 days ago #83952

• Onurb9319
But if I purchase one of the cheaper sabers, and then later buy the electronics. can i assemble those ASP parts into one of those sabers?

Thank you all so much!

First Lightsaber, what else do I need? 1 week 6 days ago #84173

• Danielbs80
I ordered 2 asp sabers on Nov 26 and 28th and the first one I ordered with the champion assembly service and the other one isn't with any electronics because I wanted to try to do some DIY myself and I already followed a youtube video and made everthing with a nano biscotte v4 board and it's so neat I can't wait to get the hilt so I can install it. I just wish the v4 board could load more than 3 fonts. I think I am gonna make another one using the crystal focus next time. Sometimes I wonder if I should have even just ordered two empty hilts but I think having one that I can plug in by usb to adjust and also have the vibration will be so nice. Although doing a DIY with the nano biscotte only costs 100 - 140 total depending on what parts you choose for for rgb you won't have the vibration and the easy usb plug-ability and that saberforge name behind it with it's warranty service so both types of electronics have it's ups sides and down sides. But if you're on a budget I would go with just doing your own eletronics for 100 bucks because I'm a first timer and I did it step by step with all the same parts as the guy on the youtube video and took about 1 hour to do. I actually wasn't perfect with a lot of my soldering either and I thought I could have messed something up even but nope, it works perfect. Just becareful with soldering the pads just a a quick touch of the iron because I think on one of my pads on the power extender for the v4 board I had it on to much because I have having trouble holding the wire on it and the entire pad just came off and I ended up soldering to this tiny tiny section that the pad lead to not knowing it would even work but it did and everything seems like a solid connection so I put some hot glue over where the wires connected to the pads to take any potential stress off the solder joints just to be safe but if I could do it over again I would just get the harness thingy they sell for that board where you just snap it on and it has all the wires aleady there for you so no soldering needed directly to the board for the majority of the stuff so that's what I'll do if I make another one using that board and I might because it's so fun to do.

First Lightsaber, what else do I need? 1 week 6 days ago #84174

• Danielbs80
You need to realize if you're doing the DIY you also need the actual battery with can be around 20 dollars for a good 18650 and then you need the charger with is like 15 or so and then wire and risisters for the main led and solder and the iron so getting the battery and the blade when you do a DIY will put it at almost 200 dollars and then with shipping cost it's really not that much of a difference to make it worth the effort

Major_Tom wrote:
DIY
12w+ : $19.99
Lens : $ 5.99
Heatsink : $ 9.99
Champion 3.0 : $99.00
Speaker . : $2.99
light up switch : $9.99
Battery : $9.99

Total :$157.94

P&P
Champion 3.0 : $199.00
12w+ LED . : $39.99
Switch : $9.99

Total :$248.98

Champion Assembly service :$249.99

So between PnP and the full monty, no theres no price difference, but you get more control with PnP and self-assembly, but you can also request in the order notes that they not superglue the threads.

DIY however saves you a hundred bucks, but you better be confident in your soldering skills, and you get no std 1 year warranty.

ASP assembly service seems to be the only way to get energy vibration in your ASP but I would need confirmation on that.

Member Login

Latest Posts

• ASP Wave 2 Renders (42 Posts)
    • Dunno. While I personally appreciate ASP as a DIY system, I always figured it was primarily a means...
    • The Count questions (12 Posts)
    • So, here are my questions that require answering before I order: 1. Is the pommel detachable? 2. Is...
    • Quote: Quote: [attachment] Dude! A Plo Koon hilt. Incorrectly named KaiAdi.jpg, but I can forgive that....
    • Quote: [attachment] Dude! A Plo Koon hilt. Incorrectly named KaiAdi.jpg, but I can forgive that....

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6468
  • Latest Member: jakUseno
  • Total Posts: 64.4k
  • Total Topics: 5448
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 5
  • Yesterday Open: 9
  • Today Answer: 56
  • Yesterday Answer: 79