Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Crystal reveal Prodigal Son

Crystal reveal Prodigal Son 2 years 3 months ago #16134

• escapizm
Hi Yall

I was a kickstarter backer with ASP and recently received my link to go design my saber, I was $350 backer and would love to build the Crystal reveal Prodigal Son EXACTLY as this link.

Can someone help with the parts list, how/where do select I crystal reveal and belt loop pommel?

Thanks
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by escapizm. Reason: missed link
The topic has been locked.

Crystal reveal Prodigal Son 2 years 3 months ago #16135

• Darth Floyd
  • Premium Member
  • Let the Wookie win
  • Thank you received: 20
Welcome! Unfortunately that is not something you can do at this time. The crystal reveal parts aren't available as part of the kickstarter. The intent of the kickstarter was never to give away $500 sabers for $350. You can however build a regular Prodigal Son saber with the current ASP options by selecting a Prodigal Son emitter, Switch, body, and pommel.
If you do that mayby in the future you can purchase the necesary part/parts to turn it into a crystal reveal.
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Darth Floyd.

Crystal reveal Prodigal Son 2 years 3 months ago #16138

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Exactly what Darth Floyd said. You can't yet. If/when they come out with crystal reveal parts, you could purchase them and add them your saber build at that time.

As for your parts list... they're all called "prodigal son" parts in the saberparts website... Shouldn't be too hard.

Crystal reveal Prodigal Son 2 years 3 months ago #16140

• Darth Floyd
  • Premium Member
  • Let the Wookie win
  • Thank you received: 20
I know costs are obviously a concern, but if you have the funds my recommendation would be:
If you love the crystal reveal PS, purchase that outright from etsy and use the kickstarter as an opportunity to build something unique that is your design, that is luxury that is hard to come by for $350, but again I undertand that is a costly proposition.

Crystal reveal Prodigal Son 2 years 3 months ago #16141

• escapizm
Thanks for the replies guys.

I'm happy to build my saber with the kick starter parts in the first case, however is there any way i can buy separately the "crystal reveal" from Saberfroge so it all arrives in the UK in 4 months time as a full kit for me to assemble?

Regarding the PS named parts i couldn't find a pommel named PS, also whats the plug for. Apologies for stupid Q's?

I'm offshore at the mo and i don't think my browser is giving me full functionality as i cant change the blade colour, also what does the
I get of this boat on the 12th, my last KS email said i must respond by the 14th to ensure delivery, ill try and do that but what if i miss it?

Thanks again.

Crystal reveal Prodigal Son 2 years 3 months ago #16145

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
I'm happy to build my saber with the kick starter parts in the first case, however is there any way i can buy separately the "crystal reveal" from Saberfroge so it all arrives in the UK in 4 months time as a full kit for me to assemble?

Crystal reveal chamber parts aren't available yet, as has been said... they're planning on releasing some down the line in one of their expansion sets from what I hear. What they have currently are hand-machined parts and pieces that are made directly for each saber, they aren't modular parts that you would be able to install into just any modular saber... So right now, the only way to get the Crystal Reveal PS is to buy the CR PS, like what Darth Floyd suggested. Otherwise, you're going to have to wait, and there's no guarantee either that the crystal chambers they come out with are going to look like what they currently have; they're probably going to be a little different.
Regarding the PS named parts i couldn't find a pommel named PS, also whats the plug for. Apologies for stupid Q's?

The pommel is just a flat section, like the Jade's pommel. Plug as in blade plug? They go in when the blade isn't in to look nice/keep debris from falling into the LED. I haven't looked too much at the blade plugs available through ASP yet, but I know currently in order to use a blade plug on a thin neck saber you have to cut it down quite a bit, as the emitter isn't very deep. So, that's something to at least keep in mind with ASP thin neck emitters as well.
I get of this boat on the 12th, my last KS email said i must respond by the 14th to ensure delivery, ill try and do that but what if i miss it?

Contact them and explain the situation.

Crystal reveal Prodigal Son 2 years 3 months ago #16146

• escapizm
Thanks again! Think Ill look at the ASP - PS standard and hope/prey they offer as expansion for the reveal down the line.

Ill contact them as you suggest.

Thanks for the help.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Anyone got a COLORED V4 i... (10 Posts)
    • You can cut down any polycarbonate blade using a PVC pipe cutter. So, you could cut down a day...
    • Anyone got a COLORED V4 i... (10 Posts)
    • Odd question ....could a long day blade say a 36 "" be cut to say 32" and the 4" section be used in...
    • Black and Chrome Bane Mk2... (8 Posts)
    • I'd really like to see someone take some black enamel to the inscriptions and engraved lines to make...
    • Black and Chrome Bane Mk2... (8 Posts)
    • I want one. Initially, I wanted a weathered one, but not anymore. Must have a chrome one. Thanks...
    • New Star Wars Trilogy Com... (22 Posts)
    • George Lucas is an awesome visionary and he created a great franchise. The original film is pure...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5954
  • Latest Member: DavidTweve
  • Total Posts: 61.4k
  • Total Topics: 5122
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 0
  • Yesterday Answer: 15