Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Blade detachment?

Blade detachment? 2 months 1 week ago #84600

• Baxter776
I'm just about to buy a design using the Champion Assembly Package, but I noticed it mentions not to try change anything of the lightsaber... Does this mean the blade can't detach? Is it 'glued' in place, so to speak, or am I able to detach this but just nothing else?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Blade detachment? 2 months 1 week ago #84604

• Kirabi
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 36
The blade will still be detachable. I believe that what its referring to is that with the champion assembly package they do a professional alignment of your hilt and essentially glue it into that position. With a normal ASP saber it can be unscrewed by the owner and re screwed at will. What SF is saying is that once yours is assembled you won't really have that option. It's probably extending to the sound board/speaker/battery assembly as well as it comes 'heatshrunk' as one entire unit.

Of course being an ASP those parts will still be threaded but any modifications by you would likely void the warranty. If you want an official answer your best bet is to email them just to make sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Baxter776

Blade detachment? 2 months 1 week ago #84605

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 321
No, blades are always detachable. In fact, SaberForge sends you the blade separate from the saber in the box, so that they can ship it in a slightly shorter box and probably save a bit on shipping.

What will void your warranty is any disassembling of the electronics. Even removing the shrink wrap from the battery/board combo will do that. They expect you to do things like take the blade out, maybe put in a blade plug for display or belt hanging, etc. The pommel can also be removed, with no worry of voiding your warranty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Baxter776

Blade detachment? 2 months 1 week ago #84607

• Kirabi
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 36
scifidude79 wrote:
The pommel can also be removed, with no worry of voiding your warranty.

Ah yes, this is a good clarification. The emitter, switch, and body are what will be secured together and, as Scifi says, the pommel will always be removable regardless of hilt.
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Kirabi.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Weathering: Why It's Not ... (36 Posts)
    • I like the idea of starting clean with a lightsaber and having it weather over time through use...
    • To order or not to order,... (10 Posts)
    • Just IMAGINE the possibility of a curved saberstaff. No, I would wait for the next sales and the...
    • Saber Selfies (300 Posts)
    • That’s the blood orange I ordered And the first time I had seen it with a blade.
    • Current ASP order lead ti... (29 Posts)
    • I ordered an Exhalted few weeks ago and find myself logging in every day to check. I was keen to...
    • To order or not to order,... (10 Posts)
    • Quote: I'm waiting for the new builder with the new parts before compiling an ASP lightsaber. I have an...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6796
  • Latest Member: JustinHiree
  • Total Posts: 67.8k
  • Total Topics: 5730
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 50
  • Yesterday Answer: 112