Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Do all male threads fit every female thread?

Do all male threads fit every female thread? 2 months 3 days ago #85244

• BatmanBurchett
I have a Chosen apprentice saber and I’m thinking about changing the emitter but the emitter I want has a female thread and the Chosen’s switch section also has a female thread. I was looking at the couplers and realized I could potentially use that as a adapter since they have a male thread on both sides. So my question is if the male thread on the coupler will actually fit the female thread of the Chosen’s switch section. If you have a different solution as well, it would really help. Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Do all male threads fit every female thread? 2 months 3 days ago #85251

• Lord Metallica
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 12
It is soo hard to hold back all the things I could say that would make this thread non kid-friendly... I guess I just have a really dirty mind lol

Shane

Do all male threads fit every female thread? 2 months 3 days ago #85254

• BatmanBurchett
Oh yeah I started internally laughing continuously as I wrote it haha

Do all male threads fit every female thread? 2 months 3 days ago #85255

• Shai Kah
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 77
theoretically, yes they should, but as I do not have that I cannot confirm nor deny that. But it should,

Do all male threads fit every female thread? 2 months 3 days ago #85256

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • That guy.
  • Thank you received: 766
ASP threads should match the threads on your pommel. If the pommel can screw into the switch, sure, you could swap a coupler and emitter there.

If I had to make a guess, I'd think that standard ASP threads won't fit, but you might be able to swap in an ASP thin neck emitter. I can't guarantee it though.
Last Edit: 2 months 3 days ago by Kouri.

Do all male threads fit every female thread? 2 months 3 days ago #85264

• OvrcAHst
  • Thank you received: 1883
BatmanBurchett wrote:
I have a Chosen apprentice saber and I’m thinking about changing the emitter but the emitter I want has a female thread and the Chosen’s switch section also has a female thread.
I'm going to say No.
There are several differences on the Chosen that differ greatly to other Thin Necks and ASP parts that would make cross-use incompatible. For example, the switch part of Chosen is essentially a Grenade with 12mm switch holes drilled into it. Similarly to Thin Neck Adapter3 for illustration, the Female threads of the switch part are a smaller ID and are specific in size to the actual Thin Neck piece compared to the Female threads on the other (pommel) end where the ID is wider, where mating of Male to Female occurs (with pommels, couplers, extensions etc).

Then there's the actual Thin Neck Part. This (& Forsaken and maybe Talon) are different in size to the other Thin Necks ie Redeemer, Exalted, Prodigal Son. Whilst the anatomy maybe be the same - the emitter cap threads onto the Neck, the difference in OD/ID would make swapping out the Emitter incompatible.

Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Weathering: Why It's Not ... (36 Posts)
    • I like the idea of starting clean with a lightsaber and having it weather over time through use...
    • To order or not to order,... (10 Posts)
    • Just IMAGINE the possibility of a curved saberstaff. No, I would wait for the next sales and the...
    • Saber Selfies (300 Posts)
    • That’s the blood orange I ordered And the first time I had seen it with a blade.
    • Current ASP order lead ti... (29 Posts)
    • I ordered an Exhalted few weeks ago and find myself logging in every day to check. I was keen to...
    • To order or not to order,... (10 Posts)
    • Quote: I'm waiting for the new builder with the new parts before compiling an ASP lightsaber. I have an...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6796
  • Latest Member: JustinHiree
  • Total Posts: 67.8k
  • Total Topics: 5730
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 50
  • Yesterday Answer: 112