Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: ASP Virtual Saber Builder/reality accuracy?

ASP Virtual Saber Builder/reality accuracy? 1 month 2 weeks ago #86177

• Kazemichi
  • Jedi Starfighter
  • Thank you received: 15
So I'm going crazy waiting for my ASP custom build, and I ended up wondering how close the final product would be compared to the build I made and sent (with picture).

Following this, I thought it might be nice/useful to make a thread compiling members' sabers pictures - ASP builds made using the Virtual Saber Builder -, where we could compare the design obtained through the VSB with the final, real product. I know we can look at the wesite for a more realistic impression, but it's not the same when it isn't assembled.

I have no doubt SF's saber smiths always make an awesome job, but it's just a way for me to project what my saber may look like, and maybe an occasion for older members to display again some of their sabers :).

In my case, here's the build I got from the VSB :

In details :
Emitter - Vengeance
Switch - #8
Coupler - #2
Body - Sorcerer
Pommel - Rebel

I'll update this post as soon as I get it to compare the two.

Thanks in advance !
Last Edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by Kazemichi.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DarthRevan17

ASP Virtual Saber Builder/reality accuracy? 1 month 2 weeks ago #86182

• wamphyri13
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 97
There is a thread under Adaptive Saber Parts - ASP Designs.
1st photo - I don't know if SF will build it with where you have the coupler.
2nd photo - You forgot the coupler in the image.
Otherwise, looks good.
"Hold on to 16 as long as you can, changes come around real soon make us women and men." - John Mellencamp

ASP Virtual Saber Builder/reality accuracy? 1 month 2 weeks ago #86183

• Kazemichi
  • Jedi Starfighter
  • Thank you received: 15
Oh sorry, I didn't see there was another thread.

And yeah you're right, I sent only the 1st picture, I put the second one here to show the back of the emitter, I'll take it away.

But now I'm really scared they won't put it in the order I want ! :unsure: I specifically asked for it to be put it this way, and even put a link to see the picture... Fingers crossed ! :dry:

ASP Virtual Saber Builder/reality accuracy? 1 month 2 weeks ago #86184

• wamphyri13
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 97
No apologies necessary. My reply was just really short because I was doing something else in the office. I didn't mean for it to sound curt. The best thing you can do is, send an email to customer service with your order number and ask them specifically if they will build it the way you requested. Just one email should suffice. Sometimes they can be pretty finicky about what they will and won't do. Good luck.
"Hold on to 16 as long as you can, changes come around real soon make us women and men." - John Mellencamp
Last Edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by wamphyri13.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kazemichi

ASP Virtual Saber Builder/reality accuracy? 1 month 1 week ago #86324

• OvrcAHst
  • Thank you received: 1883
Kazemichi wrote:
waiting for my ASP custom build, and I ended up wondering how close the final product would be compared to the build I made and sent.
I made a similar enquiry some time ago with the offered Professional Assembly Service. If you're wanting your switch part specifically aligned as how you've pictured from the Builder, unless a Policy has changed and is now accommodated, the result will be unlikely to what you desire.

You might get lucky though..
I thought it might be nice/useful to make a thread compiling members' sabers pictures - ASP builds made using the Virtual Saber Builder -, where we could compare the design obtained through the VSB with the final, real product.
In addition to the Saber Design Thread mentioned, there's also the ASP Saber Review Section where some Topics will either include the used parts and how it derived from the Virtual Builder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kazemichi
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Weathering: Why It's Not ... (36 Posts)
    • I like the idea of starting clean with a lightsaber and having it weather over time through use...
    • To order or not to order,... (10 Posts)
    • Just IMAGINE the possibility of a curved saberstaff. No, I would wait for the next sales and the...
    • Saber Selfies (300 Posts)
    • That’s the blood orange I ordered And the first time I had seen it with a blade.
    • Current ASP order lead ti... (29 Posts)
    • I ordered an Exhalted few weeks ago and find myself logging in every day to check. I was keen to...
    • To order or not to order,... (10 Posts)
    • Quote: I'm waiting for the new builder with the new parts before compiling an ASP lightsaber. I have an...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6796
  • Latest Member: JustinHiree
  • Total Posts: 67.8k
  • Total Topics: 5730
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 50
  • Yesterday Answer: 112