Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: ASP Preorder Opportunity

ASP Preorder Opportunity 9 months 2 weeks ago #20176

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 336
Prior to the official ASP release this winter SF is giving those who missed out on the ASP Kickstarter an opportunity to preorder ASP sabers. While the website they're using is formatted like a funding campaign this is not a 2nd funding campaign. No information has been released about the length of this preorder period and indications are that once the preorder period ends then contributors will place the specifics of their order.

Link: ASP Preorder
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaden Korr

ASP Preorder Opportunity 9 months 2 weeks ago #20177

• Faethien
  • Elite Member
  • Judge me by my size, do you?
  • Thank you received: 22
By the Force ... I'll have to go and ask my banker to give me money for all that :D

ASP Preorder Opportunity 9 months 2 weeks ago #20181

• McCloud
  • Thank you received: 3
Yes I saw this yesterday right before work ended. Immediately purchased a pre-order.

Now all I have to do it refine what I want my saber to look like!

ASP Preorder Opportunity 9 months 2 weeks ago #20197

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
  • Do no harm, but take no shit.
  • Thank you received: 271
An interesting dilemma this is,
Unbalanced my thoughts and wallet are.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnyMac75

ASP Preorder Opportunity 9 months 2 weeks ago #20212

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
  • Fear is not real. It is the product of thoughts you create. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice.
  • Thank you received: 72
Does this still mean that ASP will still be released to the public in November? As well as the first expansion set?
Light and darkness, you cannot have one without the other. To achieve equilibriem you must be in harmony with both; the path between.

ASP Preorder Opportunity 9 months 2 weeks ago #20230

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
Does this still mean that ASP will still be released to the public in November? As well as the first expansion set?
That was the original window for the public release but there has never been a firm window for the first expansion. SF typically never sets firm release dates.

ASP Preorder Opportunity 9 months 2 weeks ago #20233

• jc0522
  • Thank you received: 19
h2soy wrote:
Prior to the official ASP release this winter SF is giving those who missed out on the ASP Kickstarter an opportunity to preorder ASP sabers. While the website they're using is formatted like a funding campaign this is not a 2nd funding campaign. No information has been released about the length of this preorder period and indications are that once the preorder period ends then contributors will place the specifics of their order.

Link: ASP Preorder

I understand there's no info about the period, but any ballpark guesses?

ASP Preorder Opportunity 9 months 2 weeks ago #20234

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
I understand there's no info about the period, but any ballpark guesses?
Maybe a month or so? There have been no clear indicators as of yet.

ASP Preorder Opportunity 9 months 2 weeks ago #20235

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
  • Fear is not real. It is the product of thoughts you create. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice.
h2soy wrote:
That was the original window for the public release but there has never been a firm window for the first expansion. SF typically never sets firm release dates.
I ask because I heard that in the first expansion set there was going to be in-hilt recharge ports available, so I was just going to wait until November, because right now, the ASP sabers have a removable battery which I don't find very convenient. Also, I WOULD like to hop on this preorder but my current funds won't make it, I was saving up for November. You say "original window" does this mean that it has been changed?
Light and darkness, you cannot have one without the other. To achieve equilibriem you must be in harmony with both; the path between.

ASP Preorder Opportunity 9 months 2 weeks ago #20252

• Afadir
  • Elite Member
  • There can be no light, without a dark to stand beside it.
  • Thank you received: 67
All I want/need to know is: Is this preorder thing going to be going for another week and a half (until my next payday), or do I need to go sell bodily fluids right away in order to get up the money for a champion kit in time?
Owned: Champion Bane 12W Bl. Org.
Champion Fury 6W Green
Warrior Chosen 12W+ Mint Green
Champion Jinsu Razor v2 (ASP build) 12W+ Red*

ASP Preorder Opportunity 9 months 2 weeks ago #20254

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Good news on that front, Afadir... no selling of any........ fluids...... required.

The first round of preorders will end in December. You have time. ;)

The ASP system is still (so far as I've heard) launching in November, and the first expansion set will be due out early 2016, as they're launching ASP with the first couple of expansion sets of parts and pieces. In-hilt recharge will be early 2016.

ASP Preorder Opportunity 9 months 2 weeks ago #20271

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
The ASP system is still (so far as I've heard) launching in November, and the first expansion set will be due out early 2016, as they're launching ASP with the first couple of expansion sets of parts and pieces.
Excellent.
In-hilt recharge will be early 2016.
Mosssst excellent.
Good news on that front, Afadir... no selling of any........ fluids...... required.
But... could we?

ASP Preorder Opportunity 9 months 2 weeks ago #20273

• Knytiri
  • Banned
But... could we?

I mean, I'm not gonna stop you, if it really floats your boat that much...

Last Edit: 9 months 2 weeks ago by Knytiri.

ASP Preorder Opportunity 9 months 2 weeks ago #20274

• Afadir
  • Elite Member
  • There can be no light, without a dark to stand beside it.
  • Thank you received: 67
Knytiri wrote:

The first round of preorders will end in December. You have time.

Fortuitously, that used saber deal fell through on me and I got my money refunded this afternoon. Which gets me back just enough to hit the Champion kit, once Paypal decides to unclench the money from betwixt its cheeks on Monday.

JINSU RAZOR, DADDY'S COMING TO CLAIM YOU, BABY!
Owned: Champion Bane 12W Bl. Org.
Champion Fury 6W Green
Warrior Chosen 12W+ Mint Green
Champion Jinsu Razor v2 (ASP build) 12W+ Red*

ASP Preorder Opportunity 9 months 2 weeks ago #20276

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
Knytiri wrote:

The first round of preorders will end in December. You have time. ;)

The ASP system is still (so far as I've heard) launching in November, and the first expansion set will be due out early 2016, as they're launching ASP with the first couple of expansion sets of parts and pieces. In-hilt recharge will be early 2016.
Hmm, this sure piques my curiosity, now Knytiri, grab my attention: if I preorder, since the sabers will be shipped out during december-Feburary, will the saber I receive have the in-hilt recharge port? Cuz I really don't want to get it and then have to send back when the expansion set kicks in. What is worth more my money? That is the true question, my friends, should I preorder and get the saber waaaaay next year, with the risk that I would I have to send it back? OR, wait till november? HELP MY HEAD IS GONNA OVERLOAD!

ASP Preorder Opportunity 9 months 2 weeks ago #20278

• Knytiri
  • Banned
These are for the first set, so, no, it would not have in-hilt recharge. But as they're ASP kits, you wouldn't be sending it back in if you wanted a new electronics kit, you would just purchase a new one, and slip it into your saber instead. There's no set date or guarantee when the in-hilt recharge ports will be available. If you're dying for an ASP saber, it's best to go ahead and pick one up now, maybe just get a warrior electronics kit, then pick up a champion with in-hilt recharge later when they become available.

ASP Preorder Opportunity 9 months 2 weeks ago #20283

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
Knytiri wrote:
These are for the first set, so, no, it would not have in-hilt recharge. But as they're ASP kits, you wouldn't be sending it back in if you wanted a new electronics kit, you would just purchase a new one, and slip it into your saber instead. There's no set date or guarantee when the in-hilt recharge ports will be available. If you're dying for an ASP saber, it's best to go ahead and pick one up now, maybe just get a warrior electronics kit, then pick up a champion with in-hilt recharge later when they become available.
Both sound reasonable enough. I'm a patient person, but which would be easier/cheaper? Get a warrior, THEN buy a champion set when the in-hilt recharge port comes in? OR, buy a champion and then buy another electronics kit?
Help me Knytiri, you're my only hope.

ASP Preorder Opportunity 9 months 2 weeks ago #20284

• Knytiri
  • Banned
Cheaper would definitely be buying a warrior, then upgrading to a champion kit later on when the in-hilt recharge kits are released. Of course, cheapest of all would be waiting until that point in time to even order the saber, buuut... it could be a few months before that happens. So it really depends on how much you want to wait. ;)

ASP Preorder Opportunity 9 months 2 weeks ago #20289

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
Knytiri wrote:
Cheaper would definitely be buying a warrior, then upgrading to a champion kit later on when the in-hilt recharge kits are released. Of course, cheapest of all would be waiting until that point in time to even order the saber, buuut... it could be a few months before that happens. So it really depends on how much you want to wait. ;)
Bro, you the man. You da real MVP. You're the captain now. Looks like they hired the right person.
ASK, and thou shall receive!

ASP Preorder Opportunity 9 months 2 weeks ago #20294

• Darth Floyd
  • Premium Member
  • Let the Wookie win
  • Thank you received: 20
Do you think we will need to get a whole new switch section to upgrade, or just the electronics kit?
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• DIY Sound Board Breakdown... (109 Posts)
    • HotRod, in any way your info was misleading. Its about gathering enough information in order to make...
    • SF Quad Cree Mixing Combi... (69 Posts)
    • Quote: If you want to use lots of day blades, I'd say to just get a white LED. True. And if I got an empty...
    • Adding sound to Warrior t... (7 Posts)
    • That second NEC all in one chassis is interesting. Having an internal recharge port would allow for...
    • Themed Sabers (712 Posts)
    • The name for this saber comes from the common name of an ancient Greek coin from Athens, bearing an...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4370
  • Latest Member: TheWinterWild
  • Total Posts: 43.1k
  • Total Topics: 3139
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 0
  • Yesterday Answer: 42