Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Help with the sound of an avenger pommel

Help with the sound of an avenger pommel 6 months 1 week ago #28794

• jbeem
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 42
Hey guys I got my email asking for my ASP design and since I really wanted to buy the "avenger" saber I was happy to discover that you can make it in the ASP builder!

I love everything about the way the Avenger looks but i've seen a few reviews where people have a problem with it having a quieter "muffled" sound because the speaker is recessed deep into the pommel. I watched a video where one guy showed the difference between it and another saber and the sound was VERY noticably muffled and nowhere near as loud as the other saber.

So the ASP system will let me choose a different pommel to fix this problem (if it is true) but I really like the look of the avenger pommel! Can anyone attest to this being true or not? Anyone with an avenger out there? I saw in the review section that knytiri had an avenger but his has a different sound system in it than what we get here. Or is it possible this is an old problem that saberforge has possibly fixed recently? I'm not sure how old these reviews are but not all of the things i've read mention the sound problem which leads me to believe there may be different versions?

Also If I had to switch the pommel, I see that the "fallen" pommel style is kind of similar to the avenger but its slightly smaller and the vent for the speaker looks larger. Can anyone speak to what the sound is like coming from the Fallen saber?

Thanks for any help guys. I really want to build the avenger for my ASP but if the sound is that muffled I just can't live with that.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Help with the sound of an avenger pommel 6 months 1 week ago #28879

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 409
I think I saw the same video you did, and raised a similar concern in an post of mine a while back. An Avenger owner reassured me that the saber was plenty loud even on low volume.

My ASP design uses the Avenger pommel as well; if the sound is a bit quieter overall I won't mind because I don't want to have to shout over my saber!
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor

Help with the sound of an avenger pommel 6 months 1 week ago #28909

• jbeem
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 42
Thank you Jaden! Thats what i'm hoping to hear. I would really like to hear from a specific avenger owner too if anyone out there has one.

I'm probably running out of time to get my design in so I might just have to go for it and hope for the best. One good thing about these ASP sabers is that I can order another pommel to switch out if its not loud enough! I love the whole concept of this system and I can't wait for it to go live so I can buy a bunch of different parts!
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• The Wait Begins 4.0 (115 Posts)
    • [attachment]
    • Most Wanted List (34 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: Quote: 4) Original run Vengeance (highly unlikely to happen, but damn do I want one) Don't care about...
    • Quote: Graflex TFA *in progress* Prodigal Son crystal reveal *ordered* Redeemer. *ordered* Shatele...
    • Quote: Have you... [image] ...Okay, the name's not...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4366
  • Latest Member: JulzH
  • Total Posts: 43.1k
  • Total Topics: 3146
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 11
  • Today Answer: 36
  • Yesterday Answer: 78