Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: FoC

FoC 6 months 2 weeks ago #29251

• vador1967
Hello from France
Is it possible to configure an ASP with the option Flash on Clash?
Best Regards
The administrator has disabled public write access.

FoC 4 months 5 days ago #46996

• Darth-Revan
  • Platinum Member
  • Ruler of the Waiting Guild: Round N Round is the motto, Up and Down will you follow?
  • Thank you received: 122
Hello my friend. I'm from Canada and speak French, but I'll answer here in English.

As of now, ASP sabers are coming with Saberforge's Sabercore boards, which are not allowing flash on clash. We're still waiting for some updates on the upcoming Sabercore 3.0, which will, from what we know, allow Flash On Clash.

Hope this answers your question :)!
"Honor is a fool's price. Honor is of no use to the dead."

- Custom SaberForge Monarch
- Vader's Vault REV-N Elite + Graflex
- Korbanth Kylo Ren

FoC 4 months 2 days ago #47600

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
  • *Inspirational Star Wars Quote*
  • Thank you received: 138
Dark Lord Revan wrote:
Hello my friend. I'm from Canada and speak French, but I'll answer here in English.

As of now, ASP sabers are coming with Saberforge's Sabercore boards, which are not allowing flash on clash. We're still waiting for some updates on the upcoming Sabercore 3.0, which will, from what we know, allow Flash On Clash.

I believe what was mentioned was Flicker on Clash, not Flash on Clash. Though FoC would be fantastic.
The above post may be subject to editing. A lot of editing.

FoC 4 months 2 days ago #47609

• Darth-Revan
  • Platinum Member
  • Ruler of the Waiting Guild: Round N Round is the motto, Up and Down will you follow?
Ryan-Rising wrote:
Dark Lord Revan wrote:

I believe what was mentioned was Flicker on Clash, not Flash on Clash. Though FoC would be fantastic.

FoC is better, but also means using one the LEDS to power the FoC, which takes away a LED that can be used for color.

- Korbanth Kylo Ren

FoC 4 months 2 days ago #47616

• Vyk
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 23
Dark Lord Revan wrote:
Ryan-Rising wrote:
Dark Lord Revan wrote:

FoC is better, but also means using one the LEDS to power the FoC, which takes away a LED that can be used for color.
...a price I'd gladly pay, personally, but to each their own.
Yoda of Borg am I! Assimilated will you be! Futile resistance is, hmm?

FoC 4 months 2 days ago #47621

• Darth-Revan
  • Platinum Member
Vyk wrote:
Dark Lord Revan wrote:
Ryan-Rising wrote:
Dark Lord Revan wrote:

...a price I'd gladly pay, personally, but to each their own.

Officialy paid it more than once now, and I can say IT IS worth it, a thousand times!

- Korbanth Kylo Ren

FoC 4 months 2 days ago #47751

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
I'm not saying I wouldn't want it to have Flash on Clash, but I was saying that I believe the soundboard was only slated to have the ability of Flicker (dimming and flickering the blade the same color) on Clash. I would LOVE to have a saber with Flash on Clash though.

FoC 4 months 2 days ago #47761

• Darth-Revan
  • Platinum Member
Ryan-Rising wrote:
I'm not saying I wouldn't want it to have Flash on Clash, but I was saying that I believe the soundboard was only slated to have the ability of Flicker (dimming and flickering the blade the same color) on Clash. I would LOVE to have a saber with Flash on Clash though.

Flickering on Clash must be something very weird to witness... I mean, it's just the same color Flashing? Duh...

- Korbanth Kylo Ren

FoC 4 months 2 days ago #47765

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
Darth-Revan wrote:
Ryan-Rising wrote:

Flickering on Clash must be something very weird to witness... I mean, it's just the same color Flashing? Duh...
No, it's like the Ultimate FX lightsabers. The blade dims and gets bright a couple times very rapidly when you hit it, and then goes back to normal brightness. I guess you could call it Dim on Clash, but who'd want to advertise their lightsaber like that?
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

FoC 4 months 2 days ago #47766

• Darth-Revan
  • Platinum Member
Ryan-Rising wrote:
Darth-Revan wrote:
Ryan-Rising wrote:

No, it's like the Ultimate FX lightsabers. The blade dims and gets bright a couple times very rapidly when you hit it, and then goes back to normal brightness. I guess you could call it Dim on Clash, but who'd want to advertise their lightsaber like that?

That would be LAME hahahaha!

- Korbanth Kylo Ren

FoC 4 months 2 days ago #47784

• Vyk
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 23
Ryan-Rising wrote:
No, it's like the Ultimate FX cheap $20 electronic lightsabers.
There, fixed that for you. ;)

Both the cheap ones and Ultimate FX ones do it, but to me, it's barely tolerable on an Ultimate FX--more than anything else, it's what makes them look cheap compared to the Force FX, IMO. It drives me nuts on the $50 US Aeon v2 that I hacked a Hasbro board into. I'd hate to see it on a $250+ saber.

I guess it should probably be something you can choose. I'm sure some people would like to see the blade do something; I have to admit that my sabers that don't do anything on clash don't seem quite right. But at least they don't look like the LED's wires came loose. :(
Yoda of Borg am I! Assimilated will you be! Futile resistance is, hmm?
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyanRising

FoC 3 months 3 weeks ago #48960

• Darth-Revan
  • Platinum Member
You're right. I somehow hate the fact that some sabers are only producing a sound when you clash. I received my very first Flash On Clash capable lightsaber 2 months ago and now I can't live without it! I'm never gonna buy a saber that's not FoC capable again, I swear on my life. If I do so, I will either gut it to death and have some new installs done or just by an empty and, once again, get some installs done.

- Korbanth Kylo Ren
Last Edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by Darth-Revan.

FoC 2 months 2 weeks ago #54652

• J-Manix98
  • Thank you received: 4
EDIT:

My current US Dominix V3 is Arctic blue w/ silver FoC. I'm planning on transplanting that board into a custom hilt when the ASP system is up and running. I really can't imagine not having FoC, it adds so much awesomeness to your duel...
Twas' Brillig..!
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by J-Manix98.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• ASP IGG issues (4 Posts)
    • OHMYGOD I just watched some asp reviews and now I'm certain I DIDN'T GET THE WARRENTY!!! will...
    • Ah thanks Brax but can anyone send the perk? I'd like to check it before emailing. The perks on IGG...
    • The only folks who can truly answer these questions, and rectify any issues is Customer Service....
    • Hi all.I bought the ASP IGG 2 champion sabers perk,with a friend.My saber's great and all,maybe I'll...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4378
  • Latest Member: KMGittins
  • Total Posts: 43.2k
  • Total Topics: 3150
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 34
  • Yesterday Answer: 72