Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: ASP and apprentice sabers

ASP and apprentice sabers 5 months 4 weeks ago #39596

• Darth Rellik
  • Thank you received: 5
So by now we all know the apprentice sabers are what you see is what you get.

Or are they?

I stopped by the showroom to check out the new designs(very nice by the way, the Bastian is amazing) and test a thought I had the other day.

The pommels in the apprentice sabers unscrew. There are a variety of options on pommels. Why couldn't you add an ASP pommel to an apprentice saber?

Well you can and you can't. To test this I took the pommels off some elite sabers and off of some apprentice sabers. The acolyte has that curved bottom so almost no ASP pommel is going to fit inside. Something else we found out is some pommels have longer threads than others. So while the hilt will receive the pommel, you run out of depth before it's tight. Some other pommels had less threads and they would go tight on other bodies.

Not really sure how useful this is, but I mainly wanted to share because the showroom was so great in helping me answer this question. Instead of saying 'no', he said, "I don't know". When I asked if we could find out, he was more than happy to allow me to play with the parts and find out.

So it's doable but there is a ton of factors to consider and it really turns into a huge MAYBE.
The topic has been locked.

ASP and apprentice sabers 5 months 4 weeks ago #39656

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
  • Fear is not real. It is the product of thoughts you create. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice.
  • Thank you received: 72
So here's the thing. Apprentice sabers are designed differently than the other sabers. They are smaller and thinner for smaller hands such as for a child hence the name apprentice saber (at least that's what I think, whatevs). They also are one entire piece plus a pommel while elite sabers are multiple pieces and they vary in size. This explains why what you have discovered happened. Some pommels fit, others didn't. Great find though, you learn something new everyday!
Light and darkness, you cannot have one without the other. To achieve equilibriem you must be in harmony with both; the path between.
Last Edit: 5 months 4 weeks ago by greyjediDude.
The topic has been locked.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• New Saber speaker issue (2 Posts)
    • Normally, the speaker (in the case of a Champion saber) is held in with a "C" ring. The ring can...
    • Heavy Flex v2.0 (8 Posts)
    • TCSS posted on Facebook that they're still working on their own 1" adapter, so that should be an...
    • Heavy Flex v2.0 (8 Posts)
    • Quote: The adaptor and the hilt are both sold out from VV and the 2.0 is no longer in production from...
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (229 Posts)
    • Quote: My wait Update: ... Double-booked and over extended. Happens sometimes. I would understand the...
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (229 Posts)
    • My wait Update: Contents in order: Belt clip Monarch Champion tier. Crimson sound, Led Purple...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4401
  • Latest Member: w00kiee
  • Total Posts: 44.4k
  • Total Topics: 3203
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 106
  • Today Open: 6
  • Yesterday Open: 10
  • Today Answer: 42
  • Yesterday Answer: 85