Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Prepare yourselves, ASP reviews are coming!

Prepare yourselves, ASP reviews are coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #39662

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
  • Fear is not real. It is the product of thoughts you create. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice.
  • Thank you received: 72
With the recent exciting events regarding ASP, I came to realize that there are going to be TONS of reviews of all the new sabers! Not that it's bad, but we're going to need some crowd control. I can't wait to see all the new designs we cooked up. What do you guys think is the future for the forum?
Light and darkness, you cannot have one without the other. To achieve equilibriem you must be in harmony with both; the path between.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kheragryn

Prepare yourselves, ASP reviews are coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #39663

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 433
I can't speak for the forum, but it might end up just being ASPs for me, as far as the eye can see. Making new sabers never gets old. And with the promise of regular parts expansions? :D

Prepare yourselves, ASP reviews are coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #39668

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 635
Hi all,

It's going to be exciting for sure, but I think this sums it up...

I look forward to seeing these designs "Fleshed Out"

Kind regards,

For Tyeth

Prepare yourselves, ASP reviews are coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #39669

• Artair
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 74
I think ASP needs to have its own review section with separate areas for each major part category. I don't know how better to do it but I hope we figure it out before the reviews start flooding in. I will have 3 to post as soon as my package arrives.

Kickstarter ASP backer 1641
2 champ ASPs and a Bane.

Prepare yourselves, ASP reviews are coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #39676

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
Artair wrote:
I think ASP needs to have its own review section with separate areas for each major part category. I don't know how better to do it but I hope we figure it out before the reviews start flooding in. I will have 3 to post as soon as my package arrives.
Do you mean separate reviews for emitters, bodies, switches, etc? I think it'd probably work fine if all ASP reviews were collectively under one section.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MommyHoldMe

Prepare yourselves, ASP reviews are coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #39685

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 439
How about a main page with a single photo with a number associated with it. Then an actual list with the reference number to review and comment on each particular saber. this is my opinion on how to resolve posts for ASP designs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

Prepare yourselves, ASP reviews are coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #39687

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
  • Fear is not real. It is the product of thoughts you create. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice.
Oh carabast (I think that's how you spell it) there's gonna be a mess.
Light and darkness, you cannot have one without the other. To achieve equilibriem you must be in harmony with both; the path between.

Prepare yourselves, ASP reviews are coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #39688

• BZArcher
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 83
I'm not a mod, but I think creating a "reviews" subfolder under the ASP saber designs forum wouldn't be a bad idea.

Prepare yourselves, ASP reviews are coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #39692

• MusicallyInspired
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 61
Yeah, that's all that's needed.

Prepare yourselves, ASP reviews are coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #39693

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 732
I think things will evolve as we go along. After a few months, it will probably be a little different from how it was at the outset, but evolution is a good thing IMHO. I also think the ASP effort is going to add to the level of excitement that already exists around here for light sabers!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Prepare yourselves, ASP reviews are coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #39695

• Artair
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 74
I was leaning towards reviewing asp parts instead of full sabers. As with the parts ill be recieving I could change it up to make at least 32 diffrent saber builds with just 2 sets of asp parts not counting blades, led, or electronics.

Those who got 10 sets...

Edit: make.that 48 woth the staff coupler..

Kickstarter ASP backer 1641
2 champ ASPs and a Bane.
Last Edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by Artair.

Prepare yourselves, ASP reviews are coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #39697

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
Artair wrote:
I was leaning towards reviewing asp parts instead of full sabers. As with the parts ill be recieving I could change it up to make at least 32 diffrent saber builds with just 2 sets of asp parts not counting blades, led, or electronics.

Those who got 10 sets...
When you put it that way, that makes a lot of sense. Though at the same time, I wouldn't mind seeing reviews for 32 different combinations of the same parts.
Last Edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by Borommakot.

Prepare yourselves, ASP reviews are coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #39757

• Hightower
I think reviews for parts as well; as sabers are both great ideas. some parts to me looked like thy would not flow well or fit well with others so I would be interested in hearing if they do or don't. I also like seeing other peoples opinions or ideas with their full saber builds

Prepare yourselves, ASP reviews are coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #39773

• Flying Ace
Can't wait! will be awesome to see what ever one choose!

Prepare yourselves, ASP reviews are coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #39780

• GreyJedi73
  • Thank you received: 15
I agree, a subfolder in ASP should work fine. Other than the few ready made sabers I've ordered/plan to order, my collection will be mostly ASP builds too.

The future is bright my friends :P

Prepare yourselves, ASP reviews are coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #39785

• Zeddicuus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 30
I can see having a separate review section of ASP, broken into subcategories - Emitter, Body, Switch, Pommel, could possibly work. I'm no expert on when it comes to forum organization but I think this would work well.

A lot like how they have an Elite Saber section, that is then broken down into the various models. I think keeping that consistent structure with the rest of the forum, instead in parts categories in an ASP section, would work out well.

Just my nickel on the subject.

Prepare yourselves, ASP reviews are coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #39786

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 635
Hi all,

We have in the past had the "Saber Show Off" threads and "How do you plan to display your Saber?"

I thought maybe it would be possible to have a "ASP Main Page" like =Ottomatix= suggested (Thanks =Otto=), where ASP owners post an image of their Saber and then members click on the image which links to a Review in a subfolder in the Owner/Member Profile Section, thus creating a "Virtual Display Cabinet". This would help solve the problem of categories and may promote conversation between the Owners and admirers. If your design is linked to your profile somehow you would feel a greater sense of ownership of it, rather than just an open thread system where you post your pics out there on the forum.

Your Saber, your design, your profile.

Just a suggestion,

For Tyeth
Last Edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by For Tyeth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=, RyanRising

Prepare yourselves, ASP reviews are coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #39788

• Arsen Hauer
  • Thank you received: 19
That sounds great to me. It would be nice to be able to see the sabers before clicking so we have more to go on than just a thread title.
No matter what happens now, you shouldn't be afraid. Because I know today has been the most perfect day I've ever seen.

Prepare yourselves, ASP reviews are coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #39825

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 439
Sub-catagories will over-lap and would not be a good way to post. "Virtual Display Cabinet"
That's IT...!!! For Tyeth :cheer:
Last Edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by =Ottomatix=.

Prepare yourselves, ASP reviews are coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #39921

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
For Tyeth wrote:
Hi all,

We have in the past had the "Saber Show Off" threads and "How do you plan to display your Saber?"

I thought maybe it would be possible to have a "ASP Main Page" like =Ottomatix= suggested (Thanks =Otto=), where ASP owners post an image of their Saber and then members click on the image which links to a Review in a subfolder in the Owner/Member Profile Section, thus creating a "Virtual Display Cabinet". This would help solve the problem of categories and may promote conversation between the Owners and admirers. If your design is linked to your profile somehow you would feel a greater sense of ownership of it, rather than just an open thread system where you post your pics out there on the forum.

Your Saber, your design, your profile.

Just a suggestion,

For Tyeth
This^
You. I like you. Can someone make this man a mod now? Please, he just figured it out, thinking outside the box. I like the idea of having a folder of your designs and people can converse with you about them. Kinda like an instagram except, instead pictures of cats, dogs, and the food you're about to eat, there's just all your sabers and Star Wars related stuff. Good idea.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• ASP IGG issues (4 Posts)
    • OHMYGOD I just watched some asp reviews and now I'm certain I DIDN'T GET THE WARRENTY!!! will...
    • Ah thanks Brax but can anyone send the perk? I'd like to check it before emailing. The perks on IGG...
    • The only folks who can truly answer these questions, and rectify any issues is Customer Service....
    • Hi all.I bought the ASP IGG 2 champion sabers perk,with a friend.My saber's great and all,maybe I'll...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4378
  • Latest Member: KMGittins
  • Total Posts: 43.2k
  • Total Topics: 3150
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 34
  • Yesterday Answer: 72