Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Giveaway!

Giveaway! 4 months 3 weeks ago #41735

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Time for another care package giveaway!!

Rules: post on this thread your favorite hilt YOU OWN and a picture of you holding it a d why it's your favorite. Next Monday I will randomly select one of the participants to recieve a care package from Saberforge.

So, let's see em, guys!!
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Flops, Afkor

Giveaway! 4 months 3 weeks ago #41740

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 955
Knytiri, a valid point of query, does the favourite hilt we own have to be a Saberforge Hilt to be eligible (since it's a giveaway in a Saberforge Forum) as there are many, including myself, that are yet to take delivery of our Saberforge Hilt(s)?

Giveaway! 4 months 3 weeks ago #41743

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Didn't say SF only, did I? ;)

Said hilt. I don't care if it's a pvc sink tube hilt, if it's your favorite post it up.
Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by Knytiri.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MusicallyInspired, Afkor

Giveaway! 4 months 3 weeks ago #41746

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 955
Dear Forum Members and Judging Panel.

This is my entry for my (current and at time of posting to meet eligibility requirements) Favourite Hilt.
May I present to you The Va-Cuum Cle-Ner (pronounced var-coom, clay-neer).

There is a more detailed review here if you are interested with discovering more.

Why is it my Favourite?
Let me tell you. Saber Fever is often laughed at, pointed to and ridiculed by outside third parties that are generally non-appreciators of this fascination. We're made fun of, become the butt-of jokes and whilst it can be argued it stems from them not understanding why, we don't have to explain it to them.
Granted it stands-in perfectly as a surrogate during the down-time patiently waiting for delivery of the hopeful next favourite Hilt. By patiently, I actually mean scaling the walls and ceiling of your room/home in any attempts to distract yourself from the fact that only 24 hours have passed and there are still many, many, many more to go.

1. It resembles the much anticipated, highly sought after curved Saber.
2. There is no inbuilt sound or light but in a silent movie, what can you actually hear?
3. To the untrained eye, it's a vacuum cleaner nozzle attachment with a blade plugged in. To the creative mind, tapping into the far reaches and depths of an inner and vivid imagination, it is an awesome (duel worthy) LightSaber.
4. I can shadow duel, actual duel, spin (blade must be taped down with duct-tape) and get up to all kinds of mischief as any other Hilt and most importantly, it is mine.
5. From a distance (refer second image) it looks no different to a more advanced functioning Saber Hilt.
6. I can do any and all with it when trying to act out as my favourite Jedi/Sith/Force sensitive.
7. Dual purpose. When it's not in the assumed form as a Saber Hilt, rather than sitting on a shelf or wall mounted it can make a dirty room into a clean room using the Force. This is not the Force Push/Repel that many associate with. It is something far more mystic. Like a Force Pull it serves as an ideal sparring *ahem* cleaning instrument.
8. What other Saber Hilt is on the market or in the possession of that can yield a dual purpose like this?

Thank you for the consideration.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wolvs, Project_v3, SuUpberSith, Dewstroyer

Giveaway! 4 months 3 weeks ago #41756

• SithLordLim
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 21
This is my Ep. II Anakin Saber from when I was a padawan learner (I'm only 18 years old). It's currently my favorite saber hilt because my Prodigal Son is still on that build list lol. I really do love this saber though; I have tons of memories dueling with my father and falling in love with Star Wars for the first time because of it. It's also very comfortable and remarkably thin, as compared to the more recent Hasbro toys that I've seen.

Lovingly,
SithLordLim

"Too many Urkels on your team; that's why you're Winslow."
-Kanye West

Giveaway! 4 months 3 weeks ago #41759

• Serisscweald
  • Thank you received: 6
I have them cornered!

Its the Graflex hilt and it has been my favorite since I was 5 years old watching ESB. Luke saber was always the one I pretended to have. I got this one At Disneyland and I have loved the cheap little thing ever since.

For some reason, when I take picture with it, the blade looks fake. I am being 100% honest when I say it shows up in pics like that.

Giveaway! 4 months 3 weeks ago #41761

• Nicklas Ryding
Hi, is there a reason why I can't upload a post in this thread? I have tried twice, but I can't see my post. Maybe the file size on the pictures are too big or something. If it's just me who can't see the posts, I apologize if there are more than one post.

B.r. Nicklas Ryding

Giveaway! 4 months 3 weeks ago #41765

• Kered
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 104
Well it would be my disciple and it is my favorite
one its so awesome
two the first saber I've ever bought or owned
Three well look at how pretty it is

The force is strong in this one.but the dark side is always there

Giveaway! 4 months 3 weeks ago #41768

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 168
Not my first lightsaber, but this is my Hasbro Qui-Gon Jinn saber.

Of course, when I first got this I only saw a green blade and my derpy little kid mind said "Uh-Me-Glub Yerdaw's Lerhtsehbuhr!"

I brought that thing everywhere, and I think it ended up more battle tarnished than my other Hasbro sabers. However, this was when they were made to last, not when they were made strictly to make money. This is my favorite saber to use as a shoto with my Disneyland Lightsaber Builder saber, but then, I kind of stopped using it since I got my Ultrasabers and started training to dual wield two longer sabers. Still, I like it a lot, and it has a history.

Oracle, Fury, Avenger, Bane, Katana
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

Giveaway! 4 months 3 weeks ago #41771

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 635
Hi all,

I have to agree with Kered, my 12W Champion Disciple is the best saber I own. I do have a couple of Hasbro/LucasFilm plastic replicas with interactive lessons installed, but my Disciple is my REAL Saber.

kind regards,

For Tyeth

To Eddlyss64, You either have good taste or you have raided my weapons locker!

Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by For Tyeth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=, Eddlyss64

Giveaway! 4 months 3 weeks ago #41775

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 107
At the risk of rehashing my review (https://saberforgeforum.com/forum/fury/10163-hero-rgba-weathered-fury)...

Why wouldn't this be my favorite (at least, it'll hold that mantle without competition until IGG ASP orders ship)? The Fury is my favorite Saberforge hilt, and I prefer Saberforge for the machined appearance and practicality of design. It also helps that this saber closely resembles one I've sketched on note paper for the past 15 years. Add on top of that the Hero RGBA functionality and a font of my own voice wooshing around and it's a recipe for greatness.

Giveaway! 4 months 3 weeks ago #41778

• BZArcher
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 83
Technically my Gladius was the first saber I ordered, but the second I received. That'll happen when you ask for some unusual options - and doubly so when you realize a mistake was made and need to send it back to be fixed.

I love it because of how comfortable it is, how beautiful that mint green looks against the grey weathering, and because every time I hold it, it's a reminder of how Phil, Justin, and the SF crew went above and beyond for me in a situation where they'd have been within their rights to say "Hey, sorry, that wasn't supposed to be available yet, so tough luck."

I have three sabers in the various steps of coming my way, and I've owned three others so far...but this will always be incredibly special to me, and if not my favorite, certainly one of the most meaningful.

The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=

Giveaway! 4 months 3 weeks ago #41785

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 731
All posts for new members with post counts under 10 (implemented as a security measure against spammers), have to be approved by a mod. I do this as frequently as I can, but even Mods have to sleep sometime. Just post, and trust that I, or one of the other mods will approve as soon as we see it. :)

You can now return to your regularly scheduled give away contest, which I fully intend to enter as soon as I get home tonight, and get a new pic of me with my Exhalted!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Giveaway! 4 months 3 weeks ago #41787

• ldp
  • Thank you received: 13
My favorite light saber is my Reborn.

Why is it my favorite?
1) It is currently my only saber.
2) It is much better than the MR Light Saber Construction Kit I had for years (gave it away the day I got my Reborn).
3) Sound is great, weight and feel is great, color is awesome.

Giveaway! 4 months 3 weeks ago #41793

• Hake Felflame
  • Mad Warlock
  • Thank you received: 57
Sloofum. My Dark Lord Relic from years past. It's been with me for nearly four years, through conventions, shows, events, and all the misadventures between. What started as a stunt saber evolved multiple times into the deep red beast that is the chosen weapon of Lord Felflame.

Sloofum is currently running a Rebel Deep Red x2 blade with white FoC on a NBv2 board. Pitch Black font by Lord Blako is the current sound on it.

The Sith Ritual:

Lord Felflame and Sloofum ready to strike:

And for good measure, here's a recent video of me putting Sloofum through his paces.

*Edit: Apparently I can't hotlink multiple offsite images anymore? That's unfortunate. Too many links means no youtube either? Don't know what got changed.
Local Director - Saber Guild: Golden Gate Temple
Sith Lord of the Golden Gate Knights
Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by Hake Felflame.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=

Giveaway! 4 months 3 weeks ago #41795

• Zeddicuus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 29
This is my favourite saber that I own. It's also my first and currently only saber, but that's beside the point, as in general it is my favouritest I've seen, just slightly above the Exhalted/Silver Knight.

It is the Venomous Fury. I chose amber for it's colour because I was rather fond of that colour in the Jedi Knight games for my saber in those games. It doesn't seem too bright when you're looking at it, but plenty bright enough to be pleasing.

Here is me actually holding it in a kind of steampunk halloween costume, though you cannot see it well as I have fat mitts. I apologize for posting this image of me holding it, as it has surely damaged thine optic orbs.

Giveaway! 4 months 3 weeks ago #41800

• CulinaryJedi
  • "I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing."
  • Thank you received: 8
It's a tough call for me, but I'd have to say my favorite saber is currently my SF Fallen. With all the memories I have of KotOR, Revan being my favorite Star Wars character, the simple yet elegant look of the saber, and the ease and comfort it brings as a dueling saber, it's really the complete package for me. Not to mention I can literally use any LED I want in the saber and it'll look fantastic. Currently I've got a 12W Purple, 12W+ Red, 12W+ Indigo, and I just ordered a 12W+ Arctic Blue last week. Overall, just a great saber.

Fallen 12W Purple/12W+ Red
Epoch 6W Cyan
Reborn 12W+ Indigo DT
Next Order: Parks/Korbanth Graflex 2.0

Giveaway! 4 months 3 weeks ago #41804

• Jedikind
  • Platinum Member
  • dc,star wars,ac,lotr nerd what else ?
  • Thank you received: 18
prodigal son hands down

and why prodigal son ? because i love lukes secondary lightsaber hilt
'

sabers own: prodigal son,classic epouch vers 2

sabers i want ? Guardian,Count,exalted, legacy 1 and protector,archon and fallen

Giveaway! 4 months 3 weeks ago #41806

• jbeem
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 42

I'll go ahead and be the first brave person to post an Ultrasabers Guardian and kiss my opportunity of winning goodbye haha!

Seriously though, I was weak. I admit it. I knew from my earliest days of saber research that Saberforge was better looking to my tastes and just overall a more quality product. But that wait time...I'm not a patient person nor am I accustomed to ordering a product I want badly and then waiting months to get it. So after about 2 weeks since putting in my order for an Epoch Champion here at Saberforge and pledging for an ASP saber, I ended up going to a convention...with a toy saber.

That was it for me, I couldn't wait any longer. I had people complimenting me on my great costume and then asking to see my saber. This always resulted in the same disappointed, even pitying look when they saw that next to my fairly professionally made costume, I was sporting the same crappy toy obi-wan saber that they could have bought themselves at walmart for their 5 year old.

So when I got home, I went to Ultrasabers and threw in my order for the Guardian (which is Obi-wan's first saber, its called the Avenger here at Saberforge) I got it with an emerald driver and the top V4 Obsidian driver which basically equates to a hero tier here at SF because I can make it any color I want and I can load up any sound fonts I want, up to 8 at a time.

Well I have to just say it: I can't knock Ultrasabers any longer. I will admit that I still think the SF version of this saber (the Avenger) is more accurate looking and I would rather have it for sure, but that just wasn't an option. My Ultrasabers Guardian arrived in just under a week and a half (this is actually longer than usual because they were having the holiday rush effect) and it is absolutely perfect. I couldn't have been more pleased with it and unlike some of their cheaper hilts, this one actually looks and feels great. I was put off by the low end models they sell that look like basic flashlights, but this model and a few others are great options for people who just can't wait months for a saber.

I'm sure when my SF sabers finally get here, I'll probably revise which is my "favorite" saber because the design of the Epoch and the design I made up in the ASP system are way flashier than this Guardian, but nothing can replace the fact that when I was starving for a saber: I was able to get one fast and it has kept me satisfied and happy ever since. The stress of waiting on my SF sabers disappeared instantly and I just started actually having fun.

My wife thought I was nuts for buying this saber. I had already ordered the other two she knew. At first she straight up wasn't having it. But after seeing me pace the house for two weeks and then the embarrassment I suffered at the convention, she relented. I'm sure glad I have the best wife in the world!

For any of you other guys: Don't knock Ultrasabers too hard. They definitely can't match Saberforge for straight up aesthetics, but when I needed a saber, I got one. They do serve a purpose in this marketplace I believe. A starter tier, if you will. An appetizer while waiting for the main course (SF) haha.

And that is why my Ultrasabers Guardian is currently my favorite saber. It will always hold a special place in my heart. When I desperately wanted a lightsaber, it was there for me. Waiting for anything in the future doesn't matter anymore because I HAVE a lightsaber now to keep me occupied. Everyone told me that waiting on your "first" is the hardest. I have to agree. Thats why after waiting two weeks I said "to hell with it" and just bought this one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MusicallyInspired, ajeekenobi

Giveaway! 4 months 3 weeks ago #41812

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 437
Summer of 2014 I was impaled on my foot by a Stingray. My visit to the hospital revealed an elevated level of white blood cells. It was determined that it was not due to the infection but that I had leukemia. :sick:
Five months of chemo and a transplant
3 million of my own new white blood cells, my new clone army was fit to do battle. I've been in remission for one year, & last Oct I decided to get this saber as a tribute to my ordeal.
12w+Weathered Champion Disciple;
Blood Orange LED to reflect my type of cancer
Bronze Stingray wrap w/Gold powdercoated Venom claw. Thanks to Justin P.&SaberForge
for my first and favorite saber.
Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by =Ottomatix=.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaden Korr, For Tyeth, Borommakot, Kered, Eddlyss64, DarthTtocs, SuUpberSith, Gaelis, Savannah95
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• DIY Sound Board Breakdown... (109 Posts)
    • HotRod, in any way your info was misleading. Its about gathering enough information in order to make...
    • SF Quad Cree Mixing Combi... (69 Posts)
    • Quote: If you want to use lots of day blades, I'd say to just get a white LED. True. And if I got an empty...
    • Adding sound to Warrior t... (7 Posts)
    • That second NEC all in one chassis is interesting. Having an internal recharge port would allow for...
    • Themed Sabers (712 Posts)
    • The name for this saber comes from the common name of an ancient Greek coin from Athens, bearing an...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4370
  • Latest Member: TheWinterWild
  • Total Posts: 43.1k
  • Total Topics: 3139
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 0
  • Yesterday Answer: 42