Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: wtb warrior tier chosen (closed. Problem solved)

wtb warrior tier chosen (closed. Problem solved) 3 months 3 weeks ago #48636

• Neeja_Halcyon
  • And of course I'm happy to spar with you. You're freshly out of combat, your reactions are sharp. I've been sitting idle for quite a while—I need the test."
  • Thank you received: 21
just looking to get back into things, but needing something simple to start with and start swinging around

dont really care for sound find its a distraction when im training, and the sabers are a good stand in for my bokken or katana (people frown on you training outdoors in a public field/park with a live blade or even something that could be misconstruted as a blade from a distance)

id be interested in almost any apprentice saber, but a chosen in one of the shades of blue, or even white would be preferred. ive been poking around more and more and that seems to be what im leaning towards the most

hit me up with a pm if you have anything you are wanting to unload

edit: im aware of other sabers out there and having owned a few in the past from various builders, the size and heft of the SF hilts suits me

Arranged something. No longer looking
"A word here, an act there, allowing people to choose between good or evil at their own speed and peril was more our way." -Hal Horn
Last Edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by Neeja_Halcyon. Reason: Found one
The topic has been locked.

wtb warrior tier apprentice saber 3 months 3 weeks ago #48637

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 168
I'll play devil's advocate here, but I assume you've heard of Ultrasabers grab bag option? If you hate Ultrasabers for some reason or other, I won't nag, but their sabers are of decent quality. Nowhere near Saberforge quality, but those suckers ship fast.

Good luck to you!

Oracle, Fury, Avenger, Bane, Katana
The following user(s) said Thank You: Neeja_Halcyon

wtb warrior tier apprentice saber 3 months 3 weeks ago #48644

• Neeja_Halcyon
  • And of course I'm happy to spar with you. You're freshly out of combat, your reactions are sharp. I've been sitting idle for quite a while—I need the test."
Ive had numerous sabers in the past (GCS Acend x2, US Guardian, Dominix, Aeon and Archon)

dont really want to go that route again. Madcow isnt making ascend stunts anymore from what i understand. And US the hilts are just too thick, 1.5" diameter hilts are too bulky and clunky, and dont really look very good.
"A word here, an act there, allowing people to choose between good or evil at their own speed and peril was more our way." -Hal Horn

wtb warrior tier apprentice saber 3 months 3 weeks ago #48645

• MommyHoldMe
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 238
Are you looking for 6w or 12w?
You give life, You are love.You bring light to the darkness.
You give hope, You restore every heart that is broken.

wtb warrior tier apprentice saber 3 months 3 weeks ago #48646

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 168
Yeah, some of US' cheaper hilts aren't much more than glorified flashlights. I brought my two US sabers to a band concert where we were playing a Star Wars compliation, and people thought they were the cat's pajamas. In my humble opinion, they weren't really that great. But a saber is a saber.

Oracle, Fury, Avenger, Bane, Katana

wtb warrior tier apprentice saber 3 months 3 weeks ago #48649

• Neeja_Halcyon
MommyHoldMe wrote:
Are you looking for 6w or 12w?

either or im fine with, prefer 12, but i want something to swing around sooner rather than later and i know there is a backlog when ordering right through the site

wtb warrior tier apprentice saber 3 months 3 weeks ago #48663

• schmots
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 89
The movie lightsaber hilts, based on the various parts, were around 40mm which is more than 1.5 inches.

wtb warrior tier apprentice saber 3 months 3 weeks ago #48710

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
  • *Inspirational Star Wars Quote*
  • Thank you received: 138
schmots wrote:
The movie lightsaber hilts, based on the various parts, were around 40mm which is more than 1.5 inches.

But they sure weren't comfortable to hold. Even if the hilt itself was manageable, the greeblies made sure of that.

And sorry, I don't have a saber to sell you, OP. Well, I have a saber, but it's not for sale.
The above post may be subject to editing. A lot of editing.

wtb warrior tier apprentice saber 3 months 3 weeks ago #48744

• Neeja_Halcyon
Haha yeah the movie hilts werent very comfortable.

Plus after having the ascend and a few of the others. Even a sf redeemer. Gladius. And an epoch version 1 once.

I have a pretty good idea of ehat id like

wtb warrior tier apprentice saber 3 months 3 weeks ago #48749

• schmots
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 89
I actually find around 38mm to be comfortable.

wtb warrior tier apprentice saber 3 months 3 weeks ago #48791

• Gaelis
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 46
schmots wrote:
I actually find around 38mm to be comfortable.

Is this the kind of forum where "That's what she said" would be entirely acceptable and/ or comfortable?

Because if not, then I totally won't say it. :whistle:
For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BoostinIX

wtb warrior tier apprentice saber 3 months 3 weeks ago #48792

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 972
@Neeja_Halcyon
I don't have anything available For Sale so cannot help you there unfortunately. Does that mean you've parted ways with your listed 'past' sabers? It is true GCS doesn't do stunt's anymore however it could still be requested as a Custom? Custom Commission's typically seem expensive because of the extra 'bells & whistles' that go with it, but if you're only after a Stunt and as possibly an Ascend, can't see the costs being exaggerated or exorbitant. GCS runs his Customs submissions for consideration on the first of every quarter. With April 1 approaching soon, perhaps a possibility?

@Gaelis
I wouldn't say it's openly acceptable or comfortable given the diversity of the Forum's Members but at the same time it's not defined as unacceptable. First reference I saw it take place was 3rd image down on Something... New! Thread and even with colourful instructions used when the Forum first started. Granted this is some time ago now and there have been amendments to the Rules, so will leave it to you to exercise discretion and make your own judgement.

wtb warrior tier apprentice saber 3 months 3 weeks ago #48832

• Neeja_Halcyon
@OvercAhst hmm, its a consideration, i wasnt looking to spend that much to get into things again just yet

I had all those and parted ways with all of them mainly because of my now Ex wife (Freedom!!!!!) lol

but the weather is getting nicer, and spending a few hours outside each week training appeals to me again, in addition to my time at the dojo and at the gym

wtb warrior tier apprentice saber 3 months 3 weeks ago #48839

• Gaelis
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 46
OvrcAHst wrote:

@Gaelis
I wouldn't say it's openly acceptable or comfortable given the diversity of the Forum's Members but at the same time it's not defined as unacceptable. First reference I saw it take place was 3rd image down on Something... New! Thread and even with colourful instructions used when the Forum first started. Granted this is some time ago now and there have been amendments to the Rules, so will leave it to you to exercise discretion and make your own judgement.

Quite right. Best to play it safe. Won't say it.
For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future.

wtb warrior tier apprentice saber 3 months 3 weeks ago #48894

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 972
@Neeja_Halcyon
Shame about the circumstances surrounding your collection however you are in an uninhibited state now (or 'freedom' as you put it) to drive your forward momentum at your own choosing.
On further thought, agreed, even a Custom GCS Stunt may be a few levels higher the dollar ladder as a new collection revisit. With your concerns for hilt thickness
(as Eddlyss64 suggested) the alternative may be via them. If I'm not mistaken their Initiate (v2s-v4s) vary in thickness from 1.25" to 1.45" where the higher rungs typically start remaining consistent to 1.5" diameters.

@Gaelis
I don't speak for everyone and don't really have a firm belief supporting or against it relative to the enforcement of. I guess it depends on the demographic niche you're targeting. Some may accept it and play along, some may not. :)

wtb warrior tier chosen 3 months 3 weeks ago #48908

• Hell75
  • Thank you received: 13
I just replyed another topic with a post somehow realted to this one. I'm from Spain, and the money is a determinating factor for me in the purchase of a saber (it's more a problem than a factor). So i actually put a lot of though into this whole thing. I can't buy multiple sabers, and the one i buy has to fit my style of use the most(this goes more for the asp gallery topic), and of course i though a lot about the tier i should buy and what i really want and need.

I want to use it so i need led and blade at least. Then the warrior tier would be the ideal, but after watch videos of saber of this tier, y get to te conclusion that, it was "fake" for me. Not in a bad way, it's just that the light has no efect, no spark, no flicker...that kills the experience for me.

Then i would need a champion tier, that it's 205 bucks plus hilt. That's WAY past my "i can pay that" line, and also has included things that in first instance i don really think i would need, like in hilt recharge port and charger(spacially the charger because since i'm in spain i can't plug it) and the sound. The sound is cool and all...but i can continue living without it, it's the flikering what gives the saber life for me.

So i started looking for a way to minimize the cost and put into it just what i need....and ended more confuse than before. The instalation of the components isn't that complicated, and i think i could upgrade a warrior tier to a one with sound(disgracefully i think that that also would terminate the warranty) but i don't reallly know how can i get the result i want.

....Now that i ended writing all this, i'm not really sure if this post should go heare but i'm not sure where else should i put it so...sorry if i ended bothering someone.
Last Edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by Hell75.

wtb warrior tier chosen 3 months 3 weeks ago #48930

• Neeja_Halcyon
@hell75 no worries mate its a good post and i totally understand the complications of affording sabers you want.

Check the various forums in the future. Lots of saber swingers out there in differemt countries and you cam find im sure someone whos home countrynruns the same sort of electrical outlets amd see what they use for chargers

As for the sound installs its not that difficult. Some boards and hilts are more of a challenge than others but a simple board like an old novasound or a nano biscotte are easy to learn on. Even an old master replicas board cam give you a good option to learn on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hell75
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• SF Quad Cree Mixing Combi... (71 Posts)
    • Quote: The following is a List of the known mixing combinations that SaberForge uses in their Quad Cree...
    • Speaker (1 Posts)
    • Hey forum!! I just received my Hero Tier Bastion today and I love it but I am having a lot of...
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (144 Posts)
    • Evil, evil, Saberforge. I got excited about the email they just sent me thinking it was an earlier...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4378
  • Latest Member: KMGittins
  • Total Posts: 43.3k
  • Total Topics: 3152
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 46
  • Yesterday Answer: 72