Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: SaberForge "Adaptive Saber Parts"

SaberForge "Adaptive Saber Parts" 1 year 1 month ago #13975

• michaelcheddar
  • Thank you received: 1
h2soy wrote:
I just cancelled an etsy LED order because of that news. After a conversation about the new LEDs i learned that conversions will be $20 plus LED cost plus shipping.

Sorry if this is common knowledge, I'm new, but are you saying that the LED module requires new wiring? I ordered quick connects in my saber, and after seeing that New LED photo, I was hoping that all I would have to do is wait for the New LED module to release and then I could install easily it on my own.
The topic has been locked.

SaberForge "Adaptive Saber Parts" 1 year 1 month ago #13978

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 355
Sorry for the lack of clarity in my post. The conversion is only necessary for non Quick Connect sabers like the Bane and the current build of the thin necks. I went back and changed the inaccurate post, TY michaelchedder.
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by h2soy.

SaberForge "Adaptive Saber Parts" 1 year 1 month ago #13988

• Greywolfe
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello everyone, as I am extremely excited for the release of ASP I want to know all I can about my future saber. Here's something I don't think has been addressed (or answered).

As I have made a pledge of $700 I will be receiving two sabers with Champion level electronics, for example the Saber Core sound and motion soundboard. Does anyone know what version will be used? After looking at plecter labs website they have a new V7.5 board. The description is below:

The Best Saber Sound System ever... but a luxeon driver as well !
[all our videos on you tube]

NOW WITH COLOR MIXING ! UNLIMITED BLADE COLORS ! REAL TIME SETTINGS using our R.I.C.E. editor ! UNLEASH THE FORCE of your CREATIVITY !

All the details and specs of the version 7 here

Fully designed from scratch by Plecter Labs, Crystal Focus Saber Core is a single board featuring a luxeon controller and an interactive motion sensitive sound unit. It plays digital quality sound samples (22KHz / 16 bits) for power on, humming, swing (up to 16 slots), clash (up to 16 slots), blaster (4 slots), blade lockup, force push (2 slots) and power off. On/Off control of the module can be done with a latching switch or a momentary switch (setup with our SD-Config™ technology). The switch or button must be bought separately.
Our module also triggers additional effects such as blaster ray blocking and blade lockup with an additional auxiliary button (not provided). Sounds and setup can be changed by the user using a simple USB SD card reader. Comes with a microSD card. Wiring supplies and speaker to be ordered separately.

►The board comes with 12 sound banks made by Various Font Artists, installed on the microSD. You can obtain more sound fonts at saberfont.com, see this page.

►The board comes with 12 sound banks made by Various Font Artists, installed on the microSD. You can obtain more

► v7.5 now embeds the color profiles just like Prizm. Combining the aux switch and the activator switch, the user can browse several color in a single font.

Does this mean we may receive this new board as part of the ASP Kickstarter?
Because of its new color mixing features, will we be able to upgrade to a an appropriate LED to be compatible with the new board?
What would we need to upgrade to infinite color with the PlecterLabs software compatible with this new V7.5 board?

SaberForge "Adaptive Saber Parts" 1 year 1 month ago #13989

• Aproximo
  • Premium Member
  • Whatever you're gonna do, do it fast.
  • Thank you received: 12
@Greywolfe, I think we've got some sort of disconnect here. You are getting 2 of what is listed here as Champion level sound systems and LEDs. That is a Sabercore sound board and a single color (but yes mixed color LEDs you just can't address them individually.) So no you are not getting a LED compatable with a mixing board but you are also not getting a mixing bard and the mixing board you are indicating is not the newest version of the board you are getting either. You are getting a champion upgrade with all the abilities a champion upgrade lists here. (although I do think I sew somewhere that the switches are not lighted switches either.)

SaberForge "Adaptive Saber Parts" 1 year 1 month ago #13990

• Greywolfe
  • Thank you received: 3
Ah I see. I am new to the saber community but would like to learn. As the kickstarter and the saberforge website both say "Champion level Sabercore soundboard" I was unsure. I know that for the saber to have the ability to have specific features you would need the appropriate LED's that works with the board. Thanks.

SaberForge "Adaptive Saber Parts" 1 year 1 month ago #13991

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
The sabercore board is SF's signature soundboard. You can get that other soundboard installed in a saber.... but not from SF. You'd have to commission a tech to do a custom install for you if you do not know how/want to do it yourself.

The sabercore board comes with one soundbank which is currently flashed on, meaning it can't be changed, and a single led color. The board is what is led features are dependant upon... the hero tier from SF has a spark 2.0 board which offers many more features, such as led color "pulse"--as opposes to rapid flicker--and flash on clash, led color change on the fly, and multiple soundbanks... but hero and champion tier sabers use the same led units.

SaberForge "Adaptive Saber Parts" 1 year 1 month ago #13992

• Knytiri
  • Banned
Approximo, if you had, for example, a purple 12W led in a champion saber and the know how, you can wire it to a different board, like even the spark from SF, and it would be a 6w red/blue 12W purple hero tier led. The led units are capable of what the board and the led configuration of colors ate capable of... hope that makes sense :)

SaberForge "Adaptive Saber Parts" 1 year 1 month ago #13994

• Aproximo
  • Premium Member
Knytiri, I'm not so sure this is true. My Hero Saber is still on the way so I don't know the wiring for a Hero RGBA yet but have many 12w examples of champ level wiring. it's 3 wires, 1 passes through a resistor one pairs with it but is joined before the resistor and one is separate. Now I'm no electronics engineer but common sense tells me that the pair are positive and the single is neg. This set up is the same for mixed colors like purple and for single colors like a 4 LED amber. So I don't know how you are going to get the LED's to power independently using such a set up. (I suspect I'm going to get to learn though since I have a very old 5w SF hilt that if it looks do-able I'm going to gut and replace with an ASP set up. I'm more than a little curious though if my old Novasound 2.5 will power a 12w LED. The button tap is a clash sound instead of a blaster block and I'd like to keep it.)

SaberForge "Adaptive Saber Parts" 1 year 1 month ago #13996

• Knytiri
  • Banned
You can connect different wires to the same led.... depending on the board the led is wired to will determined the wiring used.

Prime example: quick connects. They're not available on hero tier sabers because of the board, not the led. The wiring from the board to the led unit is more complex, because the board offers more control over the led.

You basically have the structure backwards, thinking the board is dependant on the led for features, but it's the other way around. The led is dependent on the board, and what it's capable of. Hope this clears that up :)
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Knytiri.

SaberForge "Adaptive Saber Parts" 1 year 1 month ago #14015

• Aproximo
  • Premium Member
Knytiri, Still doesn't make sense to me. With 3 wires and one of them needing to be negative, 4 LED's, and he wants to "brows the colors) so you are going to use board or LED bank to turn off just one LED how? and then turn off just one different LED? Then maybe a pair on? Then a pair that includes one of the last pair? I don't think even Phil has yet wrapped his mind around this one or he'd be offering it in the kick starter... The easiest way to address those LED's individually is 4 hot wires, one for each and 1 neg for the whole bunch. But that is not going to work in the current 2 wire QC connection.

Even doing a 2 color hero now it's is a pair of wires for each pair of LED's plus a pair of grounds right? The thing runs on 2 switches and those switches are not serial, right?

SaberForge "Adaptive Saber Parts" 1 year 1 month ago #14018

• Knytiri
  • Banned
Hero has the SAME LED as the champion. It is wired differently. Different wires. Different configuration. Module = same, wiring = different.

Champion boards don't have much control over the LED unit; they have the LED pulse/flicker option. That's it... so it's much easier to wire them to the boards. More advanced boards have more wires to the LED.

So, on a champion level, yes, the LED unit only has 3 wires because it only NEEDS 3. You can connect more to the LED when necessary. The wires are soldered on.

SaberForge "Adaptive Saber Parts" 1 year 1 month ago #14096

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
For all ya'all wondering (like me) why the SF website hasn't been updated in several months we now have a reason: they've been waiting to integrate the ASP digital workshop into it! Source from Facebook:
We're planning a website update to accommodate the new ASP digital workshop that will be added on there later this summer.

SaberForge "Adaptive Saber Parts" 1 year 1 month ago #14097

• Knytiri
  • Banned
It has been updated... proof: here!

Also, they even have links to the Etsy shop listings for pre-release sabers on the front page, as well as the kickstarter.

I think the only thing that hasn't been updated is the colors listed on a few of the sabers, but that's what the colors section is for, and order comments box on the site. :)

SaberForge "Adaptive Saber Parts" 1 year 1 month ago #14099

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
It has been updated... proof: here!
Touché. Updated in a.... significant way. Specifically sabers haven't migrated from etsy to the website yet. The new Gladius doesn't "count" because it's replacing an older model. Eh, just me quibbling.

SaberForge "Adaptive Saber Parts" 1 year 1 month ago #14105

• Knytiri
  • Banned
Well, they did say they wouldn't add them to the site until late summer/fall.... probably pre-planning on their part, as part of the ASP website update. :)

SaberForge "Adaptive Saber Parts" 1 year 1 month ago #14187

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 201
There's still plenty of things on the SF website that need to be updated. Many of the hero tier sabers don't have all the new LED blade cool options, many saber pictures are outdated or don't include examples of both standard and weathered finishes. I've compiled a large list for Phil and he'll be incorporating them into the brand new website redesign once the ASP digital workshop is incorporated in.
"Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi…"

SaberForge "Adaptive Saber Parts" 1 year 1 month ago #14189

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
  • Do no harm, but take no shit.
  • Thank you received: 280
Is there a projected date for when the ASP actually launches for use?

SaberForge "Adaptive Saber Parts" 1 year 1 month ago #14190

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 201
From what I understand, once the kickstarter campaign ends on July 11, there will be a week or two of processing payments and other business-y type things before the backers who've made a pledge will be given early access to the ASP digital workshop where they can design and build their saber in 3D before placing their order.

I also understand that the ASP system won't be made available to the general public until all the early pledge orders are fulfilled, so I'd expect the Asp system to officially launch to the general public on the SF website sometime in the fall.
"Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi…"

SaberForge "Adaptive Saber Parts" 1 year 1 month ago #14194

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 793
Can't wait to spend some time on that digital workshop! :woohoo:
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ramaloke

SaberForge "Adaptive Saber Parts" 1 year 1 month ago #14198

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
There's still plenty of things on the SF website that need to be updated.
You may want to pass along a request for an expanded FAQ or to put more information in the saber pages. Even after lurking for several months before becoming active in this community there are some basic facts about buying a saber that I feel could be communicated better. Hopefully (if people read the info) that would cut down on the bone headed mistakes that people (like myself) make when buying which then requires multiple emails to try to straighten out the mistakes made and to educate the buyer about what options are available to them. Maybe even some tutorial videos?
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• MR 2005 Anakin conversion... (7 Posts)
    • The gold button is actually separate from the rest of the chrome section. If you're willing to get...
    • Champion Bastions Galore!... (35 Posts)
    • Quote: Yeah that was just a reminder plug for ic3cold to a comment he made in Wait Begins. He got it. Not...
    • MR 2005 Anakin conversion... (7 Posts)
    • Quote: 5) Not saying it's impossible, but you'd have to get very creative. The kit - used as intended -...
    • Quote: 2. As for the blades, adding two 26" blades would make the overall length 7.75ft (anyone reading,...
    • Quote: Quote: or is the intention to go something shorter say like two Crossguard 6" Blades Lol..well my Relic is...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4448
  • Latest Member: michelesv4
  • Total Posts: 44.9k
  • Total Topics: 3318
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 106
  • Today Open: 5
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 37
  • Yesterday Answer: 71