Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Some Changes/New Additions

Some Changes/New Additions 4 months 2 weeks ago #52278

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 798
As some of you have noticed, there have been some subtle changes happening on the forum. Now that I have educated myself on the forum editor, and figured a few things out, I have taken care of a few things that were on my "To Do" list.

First, in the "Review" section, I was able to move the sabers that have transitioned from the Etsy store to the main site, to the "Elite" section where they should be.

Second, I was able to give h2soy moderation ability to all sections of the forum. This will allow him to help me out with message approval, and monitoring of posts no matter where they are. Previously, only the main section, and the Review section had moderators at all, so there were unapproved messages from folks that dated back a month! Hopefully, between the two of us, messages should be approved pretty quickly, unless you are a night owl and post in the wee hours of the morning while we are getting some shut-eye.

Third, I have added an entirely new section to the forum! It is WAY down at the bottom, and it is called "Slightly Off Topic". In this area, the subjects of discussion are not specifically about light sabers, but they are a part of the tapestry of all the topics I have created there. In this place, there are sections to talk about all of the movies, books, games, and TV series that have made Star Wars a permanent part of our lives for almost 40 years!

My intent is to make this a place where we can talk about sabers first, and foremost; but also all of those wonderful forms of entertainment where sabers can be found!

I hope you like the changes, and I will keep ponder other ways to keep things interesting!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaden Korr, Greysider, RyanRising, Renaissance1459, LSkywalker3, Prowl, SuUpberSith, samross04, Madame X-Wing

Some Changes/New Additions 4 months 2 weeks ago #52279

• Prowl
  • Thank you received: 41
Thanks, Brax. You are stepping into your new role with great enthusiasm, that's awesome to see! :cheer:

Some Changes/New Additions 4 months 2 weeks ago #52280

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi."
  • Thank you received: 195
Nice!
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Some Changes/New Additions 4 months 2 weeks ago #52282

• LSkywalker3
  • Thank you received: 48
You've done a fantastic job so far Brax. Thanks for everything
"The force is strong in my family. My father has it. I have it. My sister has it. You have that power too."

Own: 12W+ Green Champion Prodigal Son

Some Changes/New Additions 4 months 2 weeks ago #52283

• samross04
  • Thank you received: 29
Great work so far! Looking forward to anything else you're dreaming up.

Congrats to h2soy!
"I hope you brought a better class of soldier than these 'stormtroopers'.......you're going to need ALL of them."

Some Changes/New Additions 4 months 2 weeks ago #52285

• MommyHoldMe
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 238
Love the new additions, thanks for updating the forums for us!
You give life, You are love.You bring light to the darkness.
You give hope, You restore every heart that is broken.

Some Changes/New Additions 4 months 2 weeks ago #52309

• Gaelis
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 46
Great stuff Brax! I've already delved into the new areas. Any chance you can spare a minute to fix the 100% sized smileys issue?
Keep up the good work, G
For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future.

Some Changes/New Additions 4 months 2 weeks ago #52318

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 481
Gaelis wrote:
Great stuff Brax! I've already delved into the new areas. Any chance you can spare a minute to fix the 100% sized smileys issue?
Keep up the good work, G

I don't think he can fix that, as that is an issue with how certain browsers/interfaces work with Kunena Forum. It only happens (to me at least) on mobile.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor
Last Edit: 4 months 1 week ago by Jaden Korr. Reason: Clarity

Some Changes/New Additions 4 months 2 weeks ago #52319

• esxdave
  • Thank you received: 28
Jaden Korr wrote:
Gaelis wrote:
Keep up the good work, G

I don't think he can fix that, as that is an issue with how certain browsers/interfaces work with Kunena Forum, as it only happens (to me at least) on mobile.
If Brax managed to fix that then we should all carry him shoulder high through the streets, chanting his name *inserts incredibly large smiley to prove my point* :woohoo:

Some Changes/New Additions 4 months 2 weeks ago #52327

• Brax
  • Administrator
esxdave wrote:
Jaden Korr wrote:
Gaelis wrote:
Keep up the good work, G

I don't think he can fix that, as that is an issue with how certain browsers/interfaces work with Kunena Forum, as it only happens (to me at least) on mobile.
If Brax managed to fix that then we should all carry him shoulder high through the streets, chanting his name *inserts incredibly large smiley to prove my point* :woohoo:

I went through all the settings, and I could not find anything that referred to different ways to display emoticons in different browsers. It was a simple "Yes", or "No" setting. However, I learn a little more about the back-end tool every day, so if I come across something in my exploration, I will certainly give it a try.

Some Changes/New Additions 4 months 2 weeks ago #52328

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 260
Thank you for all of your hard work here! It is greatly appreciated!!!

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

Some Changes/New Additions 4 months 1 week ago #52634

• Brax
  • Administrator
Alrighty! Who wants to talk anthology films? Well, it just so happens there is now a section in the "Slightly Off-Topic" section just for them. Rogue One, Han Solo, Boba Fett, and even a thread for the one so many hope to see, an Obi-Wan Kenobi story!

I hope you guys like these changes to the forum. The intention is to provide additional topics for discussion that folks who come here want to talk about. Am I hitting the mark?
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=, RyanRising, PatientZ
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Few questions about ASP (6 Posts)
    • Think of a recharge port like a switch. When it is empty it connects the relevant battery lead to...
    • Star Wars: The Old Republ... (30 Posts)
    • I played SWTOR for a couple more hours today. I'd been having problems closing the game for the...
    • Deep Purple? (7 Posts)
    • Dunno about an LED, but they have some really good songs.
    • Warrior Forsaken, Deep Re... (7 Posts)
    • Lovely! I could never justify purchasing the Chosen TN but Forsaken is different enough to get one....
    • Deep Purple? (7 Posts)
    • Ordered from shopsaberparts. I ordered it early last week, I believe.

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4477
  • Latest Member: paeniteo
  • Total Posts: 46.3k
  • Total Topics: 3379
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 109
  • Today Open: 6
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 59
  • Yesterday Answer: 62