Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Adaptive Saber Parts Kickstarter Campaign

Adaptive Saber Parts Kickstarter Campaign 1 year 9 months ago #43140

• ldp
  • Thank you received: 14
And one of the backers added this comment on Kickstarter an hour ago:

"YOU GUYS!! It just arrived!! Where would be the best place to post pics for you all to see?"

So at least one officially received :)

The anticipation is growing
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Snakeeyz99

Adaptive Saber Parts Kickstarter Campaign 1 year 9 months ago #43143

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 188
I wonder if it's a troll or not...

Adaptive Saber Parts Kickstarter Campaign 1 year 9 months ago #43144

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 569
D'you have a link to the thread? I don't know if you can direct link from KS like that, but I'm dying to read the response!

Adaptive Saber Parts Kickstarter Campaign 1 year 9 months ago #43145

• ldp

Adaptive Saber Parts Kickstarter Campaign 1 year 9 months ago #43147

• ldp
And I just asked the original poster to join the forum and post some pictures here. Hopefully he'll do so. If he uploads pictures somewhere else I'll post the links here.

Adaptive Saber Parts Kickstarter Campaign 1 year 9 months ago #43150

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
The following user(s) said Thank You: h2soy

Adaptive Saber Parts Kickstarter Campaign 1 year 9 months ago #43152

• BoostinIX
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 203

Adaptive Saber Parts Kickstarter Campaign 1 year 9 months ago #43160

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
And another one appears to have arrived!

Adaptive Saber Parts Kickstarter Campaign 1 year 9 months ago #43231

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
  • Fear is not real. It is the product of thoughts you create. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice.
  • Thank you received: 72
Borommakot wrote:
And another one appears to have arrived!
For you, dude?! Or was it posted on Facebook or something? As the old fashion internet rule says: pics or it didn't happen :lol:
Light and darkness, you cannot have one without the other. To achieve equilibriem you must be in harmony with both; the path between.

Adaptive Saber Parts Kickstarter Campaign 1 year 9 months ago #43234

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
Naw, I'm from the IGG lot. But three people in the Kickstarter thread LDP linked have now said theirs have arrived.

Adaptive Saber Parts Kickstarter Campaign 1 year 9 months ago #43330

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
Ugh, no pictures yet but I don't think the first guy understands his saber that well.
Under Update 14, my saber is the second one shown (under the black one as you scroll down). The only difference is that one of the buttons on the switch is not attached (came in an envelope). I backed at the $150 level.

That means his saber is this one:

$150 tier for reference:
Pledge $150 or more

214 backers

ASP Custom Saber Hilt

From our wide selection of Adaptive Saber Parts you get to chose an emitter, pommel, body, and switch section to build your very own custom designed saber.

You also get all three 11x17 SaberForge cosplay prints, a saber belt clip, a blade plug, and a gorgeous saber stand, a 275.00 value for a pledge of just 150$

Here's where it gets interesting:
Can't seem to post pictures here. With the plug out, the blade will only extend about a foot from the end of the handle. Also the switch has to be removed and can't be reinstalled without drilling a hole in the blade because the screw is long. Even with a longer blade and shorter screws or holes drilled, the emitter shield can't be installed and that alters the look of the saber. It is a problem that could easily be fixed with one more set screw added to emitted shield though.

And upon looking at Makten's Avenger review:
That is interesting. It shows the same part I have except upside down. The part where his blade come out is actually the pommel on my saber. I may have to reconfigure mine as there is no way to add a blade with light or electronics the way it is now. The blade would have to pass through the electronics, come out the bottom, or have a different part at the top added that had retention screws.

What I'm getting from this is that he ordered a separate 26" blade from the main site to use with his saber which is an empty hilt. Then, not knowing the blade is supposed to sit on top of the LED module, he tried to insert his blade into the hilt and thought "Oh, the switch screw is stopping the blade. Better remove it and drill a hole in the blade because that's the only possible way this blade will be secured!" On top of that, it appears that he thinks the Avenger emitter is the pommel of the blade. I think he's calling the pommel the "emitter shield" because I really can't think of how not using the blade plug would alter the appearance of the saber.
I'm an IGG backer, so I can't do it myself. But reading the ongoing saga of him trying to figure out how to put the blade in is making my everything hurt.

Exactly the case with me right now, to be honest :/

Adaptive Saber Parts Kickstarter Campaign 1 year 9 months ago #43333

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
  • Fear is not real. It is the product of thoughts you create. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice.
He...h-he thinks, the emitter, is the POMMEL? :huh: :pinch: PLEASE, be a troll. Oh god, the first person to receive their ASP, doesn't even...? My brain hurts, as well as my zen & chill. He drilled into the saber? By the Force :sick:
Sorry, if I was rude, but I gotta go take some ibuprofen or a blaster to the head. Somewhere out there, Christopher Lee is rolling in his grave. Someone please help this man, I pity so bad.
Light and darkness, you cannot have one without the other. To achieve equilibriem you must be in harmony with both; the path between.

Adaptive Saber Parts Kickstarter Campaign 1 year 9 months ago #43336

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 207
Breathe in...breathe out.
:pinch:
It shouldn't come as any surprise that the first person to get their ASP saber is a saber newb. After all, there are always those people who are constantly on the Internet and just do things for the sake of doing things. Check the parts, too. Very unorthodox, almost random parts.

Emerald Knight, Chosen, Dark Paladin, Sentinel

Adaptive Saber Parts Kickstarter Campaign 1 year 9 months ago #43338

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
You would think someone experienced would have gotten theirs first, like Jordan, Shameem, Justin, Daniel.
Woe to this guy when he realizes he messed up, haha, he's going to be pissed! Embarrassing. OH CRAP, THEN he's going to put a review saying it was incomplete or that the set up makes no sense and sucks. Damn then there'll be MORE people bashing at SF! Its like the same people who are responsible for the removal of the initiate tier from Etsy. THIS is why we can't have nice things.

Adaptive Saber Parts Kickstarter Campaign 1 year 9 months ago #43339

• MusicallyInspired
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 77
I don't understand....he obviously used the ASP designer tool to design his saber...right? How could he not know what the emitter and pommel was? On top of that, putting the blade and LED into the creator will show it coming from the proper end.

Adaptive Saber Parts Kickstarter Campaign 1 year 9 months ago #43340

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
*bashes head against table, repeatedly* The best part is: HE VOIDED THE WARRANTY BY DRILLING IN THE SABER! OMG ROFL

Adaptive Saber Parts Kickstarter Campaign 1 year 9 months ago #43341

• SuUpberSith
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 101
As a newb in all practical terms, Thank God I'm paranoid. I really pity this dude, his phrase of the week is going to be sob. Maybe SF needs to tape on top, middle and bottom. If someone really can do this? :S Not being a smart " you know", but this will have people who barely know SWs and really will have no clue. I do kind of pity the SF employees, getting more business should be good. Sounds like they crazy amount of orders would inundate lockeed
Rev-N Elite VV, Dark Ardent VV
Monarch SF, Reborn SF
Weathered Dark Acolyte VV
Korbanth, Graflex, K4
Tempest Elite VV
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by SuUpberSith.

Adaptive Saber Parts Kickstarter Campaign 1 year 9 months ago #43342

• ldp
Guys, remember we've at least been researching sabers if we don't already have one.

This is a probably guy who saw the Kickstarter and jumped on it without really understanding what he was getting.

Let's try and be understanding and help him :cheer:

Lewis
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arsen Hauer, SuUpberSith

Adaptive Saber Parts Kickstarter Campaign 1 year 9 months ago #43343

• SuUpberSith
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 101
Idp, well said bud. You guys have helped me and my Saber isn't hear yet. Though I'm still really looking forward to it and wish I had gotten in on the early ASP donations
Rev-N Elite VV, Dark Ardent VV
Monarch SF, Reborn SF
Weathered Dark Acolyte VV
Korbanth, Graflex, K4
Tempest Elite VV

Adaptive Saber Parts Kickstarter Campaign 1 year 9 months ago #43344

• BoostinIX
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 203
Gotta go first come first serve, who knows where the experienced ones are in the queue. Can't really justify skipping to #2,394 for good press when #1 hasn't gone out.

As for the warranty...as these are shipped disassembled, and not assembled working sabers, not really much warranty to void except on the drilled part. "Hey, the body got drilled, and even though the emitter is still in the envelope, that's voided too." I'd be genuinely surprised if a new piece-by-piece system didn't account for piece-by-piece warranty planning.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Sabercore 3.0 Swing Issue... (3 Posts)
    • I legitimately hope it's an issue and not just the way the board is... because if so... that is a...
    • I get the same thing where basically a new sound "overwrites" another. This is particularly...
    • Has anyone experienced this weird swing issue in the sabercore 3.0 where the board registers and...
    • Adept - The little red th... (6 Posts)
    • Since no one mentioned it yet, the red toggle is how he activates the saber on the show. The push...
    • Adept - The little red th... (6 Posts)
    • [attachment]

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6244
  • Latest Member: Hulnickoluslo
  • Total Posts: 62.7k
  • Total Topics: 5270
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 30