Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: [SOLD] Deep Red LED w/ Quick Connects

[SOLD] Deep Red LED w/ Quick Connects 1 year 6 months ago #58376

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • That guy.
  • Thank you received: 748
Selling a Tri-Cree Photo Red wired up with an ASP-compatible quick-connect. I initially built it as an experiment, so it's been tested fully functional - I just don't have any personal use for it.

Unlike standard Cree Red, which can appear somewhat orange in-person, this LED offers the deepest, truest red available. The LEDs in this unit are resistored for a slight 1200mA over-drive on fresh batteries with full 1000mA on 3.7v for maximum brightness.

(Bottom is the current LED tested against a single-Cree Photo Red)

Asking $55 shipped within the US.

Well, unit's been sold. Thanks guys~
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Kouri.
The topic has been locked.

Deep Red LED w/ Quick Connects 1 year 6 months ago #58380

• cmasters16
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1
Man I really want this LED. I love the deep red and think it looks way better than the cree.
Unfortunately my only SF saber currently is my exalted, which I don't think is compatible with quick connects.

Damnnit

Deep Red LED w/ Quick Connects 1 year 6 months ago #58434

• MrSynergy
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 31
PM sent.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kouri

Deep Red LED w/ Quick Connects 1 year 6 months ago #58448

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
  • Do no harm, but take no shit.
  • Thank you received: 300
Photo red is such a beauty color. I have it in my Korbanth Sid.

I was curious if you've done any other LED tests Kouri? For instance. What would make the best yellow? It appears everyone mixes green with amber, but as per colour theory, green should be mixed with red to get yellow. So depending on if you're using a tri-cree or the 12w+ ... can you do like a R-G-A? or a R-G-R-G?
Which in turn made me think of different greens. Like using 2 blues and 2 ambers.

But ultimately I'm trying to find the best yellow I can. And I know the green/red mix makes a nice golden yellow.

Deep Red LED w/ Quick Connects 1 year 6 months ago #58449

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • That guy.
  • Thank you received: 748
It really depends on the LEDs. I've got a DX RGB LED, and the Red/Green mix make a decent gold and a terrible yellow, wheras I hear Cree Red/Green mix for a nice yellow.

It also makes total sense to use Amber/Green, since Yellow falls right in between the two. I've also heard good things about Red/Amber/Green mixes. For the ASP hilt I just got in, I'm thinking of trying a Rebel star with an Amber/Lime mix, though if FoC isn't needed, I've heard great things about RedOrange/Lime/Lime.

Deep Red LED w/ Quick Connects 1 year 6 months ago #58450

• Salacious B Crumb
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 43
Haven't yet had a chance to write a full review or post pics (new baby, too busy changing diapers and such), but I got one of these photo red LED setups from Kouri, and it's awesome! Have it in my custom grey weathered archon. Makes my standard red look orange in comparison. I'd highly recommend these to anyone. Will try to get some photos later tonight after the kiddos are in bed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kouri

Deep Red LED w/ Quick Connects 1 year 6 months ago #58522

• BoostinIX
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 203
Noms. GLWS
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Ship Time (4 Posts)
    • Ordered a standard elite initiate hilt and two APS parts almost seven weeks ago now via the main...
    • Bane (of Xenos) custom th... (2 Posts)
    • Wow Nice Concept! I hope you can do it, and then post pics. I'm a big fan of Warhammer40K, so a 40K...
    • Low blow from US... yikes... (13 Posts)
    • I researched all the saber companies that I knew, or had heard about for almost 2 years, they ranged...
    • Themed Sabers (866 Posts)
    • Hello Everybody, Having seen The Last Jedi I thought I had best post one of my recent designs for...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6219
  • Latest Member: juggerp
  • Total Posts: 62.6k
  • Total Topics: 5261
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 18
  • Yesterday Answer: 26