Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Etsy page dead and gone?

Etsy page dead and gone? 1 year 6 months ago #59230

• Biscuitt
  • Thank you received: 8
Hey folks,

So I know for months we've not been able to order on etsy. Yet I've regularly gone there to see reviews and comments about different sabers people order.

This week, the entire store site is gone. The former reviews are no where to be found.

Has Saberforge decided not to go back to Etsy, and only sell from their site?

Thank you!
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuUpberSith

Etsy page dead and gone? 1 year 6 months ago #59231

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 569
Could be. Are there any Etsy sabers that aren't now listed on the main site? I'm not sure what their plans are for bringing lead times down, but I imagine once they do, the Etsy shop wouldn't be much use. Between the main store, saberparts.com and lazerforge.com, they probably won't to minimize how many fronts they have to manage.

Etsy page dead and gone? 1 year 6 months ago #59232

• Biscuitt
When they took down the page - the intent was to have ready to go sabers that can't be customized, to improve delivery and shipping. When a saber is gone - it's gone.

Biggest thing I hate is the 3 months it takes to get your saber, so I was hoping that would be the case.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eddlyss64

Etsy page dead and gone? 1 year 6 months ago #59233

• TheGrandAdmiral
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 117
Borommakot wrote:
Could be. Are there any Etsy sabers that aren't now listed on the main site? I'm not sure what their plans are for bringing lead times down, but I imagine once they do, the Etsy shop wouldn't be much use. Between the main store, saberparts.com and lazerforge.com, they probably won't to minimize how many fronts they have to manage.

I believe there is still the Mauler and Vengeance, not sure if they are coming over, but those are the only ones I think that still could be happening.

Etsy page dead and gone? 1 year 6 months ago #59235

• jonnys95s10
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 110
TheGrandAdmiral wrote:
Borommakot wrote:

I believe there is still the Mauler and Vengeance, not sure if they are coming over, but those are the only ones I think that still could be happening.

Those are the only ones still listed in the Etsy section. Both are completely available in the ASP parts to be built there.

Etsy page dead and gone? 1 year 6 months ago #59236

• mothoinpog
  • Thank you received: 1
Etsy has a strict rule on order-to-delivery time and Saberforge's shop has been swamped with orders. Saberforge has also used it's Etsy shop to release limited edition runs (Reborn for one) that were not available on the main website. I have heard and seen on Facebook that they're also having some turnover of key staff. Given how many people are saying they ordered, I'm guessing that the closing is only temporary until they're over the hump filling their regular orders then they'll use it for limited runs and maybe trial runs.
Bona Na Croin: "Neither Crown Nor Collar"

Etsy page dead and gone? 1 year 6 months ago #59240

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1451
The intention is for the Etsy store to return as a place for ready made sabers that can be delivered in a few days. There has been no specific timeline given, but it is expected in the foreseeable future. When it does, those that like the idea of buying something with limited/no options, and receiving it quickly are going to be overjoyed! With all the questions that we don't have answers for (like the timing), the one thing we know is that it is still the plan to move forward with it. B)
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Etsy page dead and gone? 1 year 6 months ago #59285

• Biscuitt
Thanks for the info. I am one of those customers who would like that!

Etsy page dead and gone? 1 year 6 months ago #59287

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1451
I am sure you are not alone. There are some sabers where I would go that route, rather than endure the wait for something did not have any changes.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The following user(s) said Thank You: wolfn92

Etsy page dead and gone? 1 year 6 months ago #59309

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 654
While I ordered several sabers from Etsy in the last ten months and received what I ordered, I prefer the main site by far. I think SF is better off without using Etsy.

Etsy pages were not 100% clear and customers relied on sending messages to CSR. I think this cost SF a lot of manpower time to answer unnecessary questions "to-and-fro" simply because the Etsy pages were often not clear. Examples included Quick Connects, "V2" weathering despite the text being identical to non-weathered sabers, wrap colors, light or dark sound font, even blade length etc. SF must have had so many unnecessary Etsy questions about what/how to regarding each of these.

The main site is by far more directional and clear in options, and drop down menus etc.

In reality, I saw no significant difference whatsoever in supposedly faster lead times with Etsy. Some sabers may have been one or two weeks faster out of twelve weeks, but that's about it.
"I am the Senate"
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Execute66.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=

Etsy page dead and gone? 1 year 6 months ago #59312

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Execute66 wrote:
While I ordered several sabers from Etsy in the last ten months and received what I ordered, I prefer the main site by far. I think SF is better off without using Etsy.

Etsy pages were not 100% clear and customers relied on sending messages to CSR. I think this cost SF a lot of manpower time to answer unnecessary questions "to-and-fro" simply because the Etsy pages were often not clear. Examples included Quick Connects, "V2" weathering despite the text being identical to non-weathered sabers, wrap colors, light or dark sound font, even blade length etc. SF must have had so many unnecessary Etsy questions about what/how to regarding each of these.

The main site is by far more directional and clear in options, and drop down menus etc.

In reality, I saw no significant difference whatsoever in supposedly faster lead times with Etsy. Some sabers may have been one or two weeks faster out of twelve weeks, but that's about it.

This was my experience as well and I share your opinion. However there is an item I am waiting on to become available again and my book-marked page still comes up. Like Brax said, it sounds like the intent is that the store will come back with the intent to provide quick turn-arounds. That will be exciting!

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

Etsy page dead and gone? 1 year 6 months ago #59335

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
I couldn't recall any Etsy sabers that were "ready made". Many of the Etsy special sabers (at the time) were limited productions. For example, the Mauler Staff, Phoenix, Reborn were all acquired by me as Etsy items, all of which I fully specified the options - type of sound, blade length, QC, 12W+ upgrade, general questions. The 12W+ upgrade at the time was a perfect example: evidently it caused numerous problems for SF, Etsy and PayPal such that PayPal no longer accepted transactions, and who "suffered" at the end? Customers, because customers no longer were able to upgrade to 12W+ for some period of time at Etsy (and the main site as a consequence) until SF officially released it. Luckily for me, I managed to acquire Etsy sabers all on 12W+ :)

The new Vanquish could easily qualify as an "Etsy special" but more efficiently I think, it is now on the main site.

But that's in the past, I look forward to any new developments SF may have for Etsy in the future.
"I am the Senate"
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Execute66.

Etsy page dead and gone? 1 year 6 months ago #59336

• BoostinIX
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 203
VV put up a bunch of "Ready to ship" sabers yesterday, lasted less than an hour (All of them in the $450+ range too). Can only imagine SF etsy of ready-made sabers would be the same.

Etsy page dead and gone? 1 year 6 months ago #59339

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
At $450+ I would expect to have some options, unless they all happen to be 100% what I would have wanted. Even the blade color? :ohmy:
"I am the Senate"

Etsy page dead and gone? 1 year 6 months ago #59340

• BoostinIX
  • Platinum Member
It was a bunch of color-specific ones. Already built for a con, even with off-color anodizing like pink and apple green. All sold though. "Ready to ship" can go a long way lol. As for the price, don't forget VV typically has a higher price and longer wait than most. (am NOT starting that fight lol). I plan to own one someday.
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by BoostinIX.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66

Etsy page dead and gone? 1 year 6 months ago #59341

• OvrcAHst
  • Thank you received: 1716
When Etsy marks its return I foresee it as a relatively quick buying experience similarly mirrored to what 'locals' experience when buying from the SaberForge Store, however not just limited to locals that are within driving distance but to many others also either US Domestic, Inter-State & Internationally. From a business perspective the deletion of one Outlet typically means consolidated focus to reduce running costs. With SFs successes in contrast, I believe Etsy will return.

Favourably still, it will act as a consolidated selling platform that offers the entirety of SaberForge's Range i.e. ASP, ABP, LazerForge & their Regular Range. No disagreement to comments made about minimal differences in Lead times, Product Listing descriptions or Options however many Buyers preferred Etsy primarily due to the availability of the extra Payment type acceptance of PayPal. This can be perceived as additional security especially for First-time Buyers either with or without a Credit Card. Regardless of Domestic/International, for SF virgins there's the security of Etsy and the security of Paypal and not just limited to the security of each individuals Financial Institution.

Agreed, exciting developments for the future of SaberForge.

Etsy page dead and gone? 1 year 6 months ago #59345

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • That guy.
  • Thank you received: 748
Yeah, saw VV's booth at MegaCon and was surprised to see the ready-made sabers. I probably would've walked off with that Mitsurugi if I had the disposable income.

Honestly, only thing that's kept me from ordering more SF initiate hilts is the wait. I've been meaning to build in an Exile for ages, but I figured I'd just hold tight and grab the ASP components so I could have the parts in-hand within a week of ordering.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BoostinIX

Etsy page dead and gone? 1 year 6 months ago #59346

• BoostinIX
  • Platinum Member
There was one or two on the leftover page calling my name lol. And absolutely agree. Would be crazy to have SF initiates quick-ship.

Etsy page dead and gone? 1 year 6 months ago #59349

• Zeddicuus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 41
Brax wrote:
I am sure you are not alone. There are some sabers where I would go that route, rather than endure the wait for something did not have any changes.

This right here. The saber I did order so far had no changes made to it at all, so a shorter wait time would be ideal for me as I do not necessarily want to make many changes to the designs. I like how they are.

I can see why they took it down, as it's been really obvious they've been super busy with their own site to keep orders rolling as quickly as possible without degrading quality. Hopefully they can get caught up and bring back the etsy site!

Etsy page dead and gone? 1 year 6 months ago #59488

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 356
I think I miss the accessories section of the Etsy page more than anything. Had a better selection than the main site.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Tonight's Christmas Viewi... (3 Posts)
    • Hi scifidude79, Well I hope the show is good and I reckon they will transmit it on BBC America at...
    • Wow, that sounds cool. I hope they replay it on BBCA at some point.
    • Hello Everybody, Just wanted to let members know about a new TV documentary that is premiering...
    • Christmas Sale!!! (5 Posts)
    • When you're ordering, there's a box that says "Special instructions for seller." Say, for example,...
    • Unfulfilled and the wait (26 Posts)
    • Quote: I always try to assume positive intent, I work customer service in retail for a living and know...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6238
  • Latest Member: JamesNog
  • Total Posts: 62.7k
  • Total Topics: 5264
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 18
  • Yesterday Answer: 29