Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Canceled order

Canceled order 1 year 5 months ago #62765

• Samhain138
  • Thank you received: 28
How long does it typically take for a cancelled order to be refunded. I wanted to take advantage of the new sale as I thought it was a better deal so I cancelled previous purchase. I'd hope it refunds fairly quickly so I can place my new order. I'd have rather purchased from the etsy page to get it quicker as well.
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Samhain138.
The topic has been locked.

Canceled order 1 year 5 months ago #62775

• Knightfall_Survivor
  • Thank you received: 4
I believe that it is against the policy of SaberForge to do what you are attempting to do. Please refer to the screenshot below of Saberforge's Terms of Service.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. Now get out of here."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Samhain138

Canceled order 1 year 5 months ago #62781

• Samhain138
Well damn, I didn't know that. I just read the cancellation procedure. I didn't see anything about it in the faq. I also wanted to just order from the etsy page too. So now what am I supposed to do? I feel like a jerk now.

Canceled order 1 year 5 months ago #62782

• DarthTtocs
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 35
Odd isnt it. Not allowed to cancel an order from one site to order from another of their sites because for one thing the products is shipped out 20 times faster.
The wounded Jedi looks up at the massive man wielding a 6' long light saber! The last words the Jedi hears is "Yes, I am Sith, and oh, so much more"

Canceled order 1 year 5 months ago #62784

• Samhain138
I emailed them again saying I'm a big dummy for thinking I could cancel it and order it from the etsy page, not to cancel it, I really wish I'd have realized the etsy page was so much faster before I ordered.

Canceled order 1 year 5 months ago #62792

• SlamSlayer
  • Thank you received: 11
Just an FYI a friend did this without a problem. For the same reason you want to. Pissed about his order taking so long when he could have just ordered an Etsy saber, he cancelled his custom order and bought and Etsy without a problem.

Canceled order 1 year 5 months ago #62794

• Knightfall_Survivor
  • Thank you received: 4
I imagine that it has something to do with the parts they order. Since your order is customized with your specific tastes, they don't want to have spent the money to have the pieces for your custom saber made, then have the order cancelled and end up stuck with pieces that will just sit around until someone else just happens to have made that specific order. They also don't want to have spent the money on the parts just to have the order cancelled and reordered for less money. It's sort of ripping them off, because they still have to pay a certain price for the saber parts, but they get paid less for building the saber, even though they originally should have been getting more money.
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. Now get out of here."

Canceled order 1 year 5 months ago #62795

• Samhain138
I wasn't trying to rip anyone off. The order would've been the same price either way. I ordered it on the last day of the first July sale. I'd have just preferred to get it from etsy and get the promo with the extra saber included. I didn't know etsy was so much faster and the promo codes worked there too at the time. But it's all good either way. I just want the saber and I wasn't intending to be difficult.

Canceled order 1 year 5 months ago #62796

• DarthTtocs
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 35
It also isnt ripping a company off when you decide to buy their product from another site that they themselves sell their own products but at a sped up pace than from their own main site.

Etsy wasnt even open when I ordered my sabers and if the Vanquish was there Id cancel my order and order through that site.

Waiting days instead of months makes sense to me.
The wounded Jedi looks up at the massive man wielding a 6' long light saber! The last words the Jedi hears is "Yes, I am Sith, and oh, so much more"

Canceled order 1 year 5 months ago #62797

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 381
We've covered this topic of etsy v. the website in several other posts and thanks to Knightfall_Survivor for reminding us that we can't cancel then reorder to take advantage of promotions. I don't think anything else needs to be covered.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Live Cinematic TV Series (2 Posts)
    • I have to agree with you for the most part here. I also was born just in time for the prequels, I...
    • New Member Introduction T... (2622 Posts)
    • My name is Marco, 23yo, I'm from Brazil. Star Wars is a big part of my childhood like most of you...
    • Live Cinematic TV Series (2 Posts)
    • You know world, Just saw the recent Star Wars film "The Last Jedi", many are disappointed others...
    • SF Blood Fury (6 Posts)
    • No blade? If not i guess thats fine since it cuts down on shipping cost... Is there a time limit...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6212
  • Latest Member: etanol
  • Total Posts: 62.6k
  • Total Topics: 5256
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 21
  • Yesterday Answer: 28