Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: New Etsy Sabers Available on The Main Site

New Etsy Sabers Available on The Main Site 1 year 4 months ago #65472

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1452
Three of the four new Etsy sabers (Emerald Knight, Shadow Hunter, and Justicar) are now available for order on the main SaberForge website. The Forsaken should be there sometime in the upcoming week. Review threads for all of them have been created accordingly.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The topic has been locked.

New Etsy Sabers Available on The Main Site 1 year 4 months ago #65473

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 207
Ooh, that Shadow Hunter is so tempting!!!

Emerald Knight, Chosen, Dark Paladin, Sentinel

New Etsy Sabers Available on The Main Site 1 year 4 months ago #65483

• jonnys95s10
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 110
So the Mauler and Vengeance remain as ASP only builds. I would of thought if they went adding to the site they would include those as previous releases that can easily still be made.

New Etsy Sabers Available on The Main Site 1 year 4 months ago #65486

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 381
The Forsaken should be there sometime in the upcoming week.
Vaguely annoyed with myself that I didn't wait to get the Forsaken until it was available as an initiate. Still.... getting a warrior through etsy saves me the time (which is in short supply these days) and the parts that I would need to do my own install. I can always add a recharge port later.
So the Mauler and Vengeance remain as ASP only builds.
I agree that those are head scratchers. I'm not super into the new ASP variations. I have most of those components already so getting them would be extraneous to my collection. That Shadow Hunter is intriguing though.

New Etsy Sabers Available on The Main Site 1 year 3 months ago #65504

• OvrcAHst
  • Thank you received: 1716
h2soy wrote:
Still.... getting a warrior through etsy saves me the time (which is in short supply these days) and the parts that I would need to do my own install. I can always add a recharge port later.
Hey h2, curious, to possibly add a recharge port yourself later to a Warrior, where would you drill the second hole or would you relocate the accepted position of below the AV and put it say 180Degrees from (AV) or in the Pommel?

New Etsy Sabers Available on The Main Site 1 year 3 months ago #65509

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
where would you drill the second hole or would you relocate the accepted position of below the AV and put it say 180Degrees from (AV) or in the Pommel?
The gross majority of Warrior hilts come with a 12mm dummy switch below the activation button. The pics of the Forsaken seem to indicate this is still the trend:

If it doesn't come with a 2nd 12mm hole I'll put the port in the pommel in "front" of the battery. It's a bit messy but with the appropriate precautions (heat shrink or liquid electrical tape) it's a valid, if inelegant, option. I don't like drilling holes if I don't have to.

New Etsy Sabers Available on The Main Site 1 year 3 months ago #65510

• OvrcAHst
h2soy wrote:
The gross majority of Warrior hilts come with a 12mm dummy switch below the activation button. The pics of the Forsaken seem to indicate this is still the trend:

If it doesn't come with a 2nd 12mm hole I'll put the port in the pommel in "front" of the battery. It's a bit messy but with the appropriate precautions (heat shrink or liquid electrical tape) it's a valid, if inelegant, option. I don't like drilling holes if I don't have to.
I thought that too but there was a discussion going recently (can't remember where right now, DIY I think) where it wasn't the case. More recently there was also a Post made by obersmith that suggested no also. However you seem to have that covered with a Plan B. Would the Pommel method be done past the speaker and tapped through the vent?

New Etsy Sabers Available on The Main Site 1 year 3 months ago #65511

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
However you seem to have that covered with a Plan B. Would the Pommel method be done past the speaker and tapped through the vent?
Nah. Warrior don't have speakers so no worries there. I would probably make a (very) mini chassis for the recharge port out of pvc, wire it all up, and electrical tape it to the end of the battery for easy access when you unscrew the pommel. Very inelegant, buy hey, you only see it whenever you need to recharge and it's easier than wresting the battery from the sled. We'll see what I get (in terms of 12mm holes) in a few days.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

New Etsy Sabers Available on The Main Site 1 year 3 months ago #65513

• OvrcAHst
:oops: Yeah oversight of text to include where the speaker would normally be. :lol:
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Custom Fonts (3 Posts)
    • Make sure you get ones formatted for NEC not Plector, as Plector will not work correctly with the...
    • Low blow from US... yikes... (15 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: Quote: Ultrasabers is Pepsi and Saber Forge is Coke. All of US advertising revolves around bashing SF. Just...
    • FS: Phoenix NBv4 lime gre... (1 Posts)
    • just finished this hilt I got awhile back, selling to fund other projects. blade looks yellow on...
    • Cerakote Superheroes! (1 Posts)
    • Quote: The customer "Im putting a team together" Customs shop "Whats your super power" The customer "Im...
    • FS: Saber Forge Oracle Wa... (9 Posts)
    • Copy that!

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6240
  • Latest Member: JWSearcy88
  • Total Posts: 62.7k
  • Total Topics: 5269
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 10