Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Etsy now carries empty hilts

Etsy now carries empty hilts 6 months 1 week ago #66521

• ToyKeeper
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 85
Hi, just a quick heads-up. SaberForge's Etsy shop now carries empty hilts (added earlier today), so you can get one in a tiny fraction of the time it would take to get one from the main site.

Apparently enough people requested this (including me) that it happened. Woot! :)

I'm happy about this because it means I can get a low-cost empty Consular for spinning practice before it gets too cold outside to use it.

... and when I have time, I'll probably put some spare flashlight parts in it to light up the blade. I'm thinking of making it a rainbow saber, constantly changing colors so it'll make patterns while it spins.
This is not the post you're looking for.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaden Korr, HotRod

Etsy now carries empty hilts 6 months 1 week ago #66559

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 173
That's good! IIRC, they used to sell Initiate tier sabers on Etsy but got backlash from a bunch of people who bought them without reading the postings and thought they were getting Champion tier sabers at a fraction of their actual cost.

Etsy now carries empty hilts 6 months 1 week ago #66565

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 510
Snakeeyz99 wrote:
That's good! IIRC, they used to sell Initiate tier sabers on Etsy but got backlash from a bunch of people who bought them without reading the postings and thought they were getting Champion tier sabers at a fraction of their actual cost.

Yep. SF would have a listing for a hilt design, then have drop down menus for the tiers and blade colors. People weren't reading the descriptions and we're just picking the cheapest option (which was Initiate), even though when they would have selected a blade color the first option they would've seen was N/A FOR INITIATES.

And apparently Etsy has some rule where if enough people open a complaint (even if the customer is in the wrong) they'll shut your page down. So to be on the safe side they stopped offering empties at the time.

But this is great news!
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor

Etsy now carries empty hilts 6 months 1 week ago #66698

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 189
Woohoo!

Etsy now carries empty hilts 6 months 1 week ago #66699

• Jedikind
  • Platinum Member
  • dc,star wars,ac,lotr nerd what else ?
  • Thank you received: 19
yahoo that is indeed good news
after i get some cash maybe i can buy an empty hilt as well
sabers own: prodigal son,classic epouch vers 2

sabers i want ? Guardian,Count,exalted, legacy 1 and protector,archon and fallen

Etsy now carries empty hilts 6 months 1 week ago #66712

• jonnys95s10
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 109
Thanks for posting. I hadn't checked the etsy site for awhile. Was thinking of getting a empty oracle off the main site after I complete the electronics upgrade on my ASP.
:woohoo:
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Wait Times (2 Posts)
    • It varies, depending on hilt, I've never had SF not make good, so if by week 5-6 you don't get any...
    • Payment types? (6 Posts)
    • Since it looks like you're in the US, a PayPal Debit Card should work fine. Just have to order one...
    • Payment types? (6 Posts)
    • I don't know about SF's reasons, but I know that another vendor doesn't use PayPal anymore due to...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4711
  • Latest Member: Oni
  • Total Posts: 53.7k
  • Total Topics: 4313
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 114
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 1
  • Yesterday Answer: 35