Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: [CUSTOM KATANA FOR SALE]

[CUSTOM KATANA FOR SALE] 1 year 2 months ago #67982

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1451
This saber, and others to follow are being offered for sale by Phil.

Here is the info on it:

Custom SF Katana Phoenix Tsuba

Black Anodizing with Blue and Silver accents.

Blue silk style Tsuka Ito wrap over black stingray leather

SaberCore Viridium with in hilt recharge and 12w+ Deep Blue LED

This saber was built for a photo set for the launch of our new customs shop.

PM Phil here on the forum if interested.

$550

Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Brax. Reason: Edited contact info and added price
The topic has been locked.

[CUSTOM KATANA FOR SALE] 1 year 2 months ago #67983

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 654
Nice. :)
"I am the Senate"
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Execute66.

[CUSTOM KATANA FOR SALE] 1 year 2 months ago #68019

• Brax
  • Administrator
New instructions for purchase:

Quick Ship Custom
-
Knight Wing Katana
-
Featuring black anodizing with silver accent and a bluke silk tsuka ito wrap over black stingray. Measures 12.5in long with a hex cog tsuba.
-
SaberCore Viridium sound upgrade with in hilt recharge and a 12w+ Deep Blue LED.
-
Includes blade, charger, blade plug, and a stand
-
Price $500
-
To purchase this one of a kind saber buy a gift certificate for 500.00 and write in the order comments you are purchasing the "Knight Wing Katana"
-
http://www.saberforge.com/accessories/gift-certificate

[CUSTOM KATANA FOR SALE] 1 year 2 months ago #68023

• OvrcAHst
  • Thank you received: 1716
Brax wrote:
New instructions for purchase:
To purchase this one of a kind saber buy a gift certificate for 500.00 and write in the order comments you are purchasing the "Knight Wing Katana"
http://www.saberforge.com/accessories/gift-certificate
Wow! $50 reduction already after the initial Posting. :whistle:
Question: Is protocol still to PM Phil here in the Forum (for non Fb users) first prior to purchasing a GC with the title reference of the desired Hilt or just to proceed straight into the GC purchase?

With not having a katana Hilt in my Collection (and the jury's still out with if I want to include one), if these new offerings are limited 1of-a-kind, with no policing method applied, with a stacks-on scenario where say 3 commit to a GC purchase, there will be 2 that have parted with the payment but will ultimately miss out, right? Or are multiples being made as a contingency to this very occurrence? (might change the definition of quick-ship though?)

[CUSTOM KATANA FOR SALE] 1 year 2 months ago #68039

• Brax
  • Administrator
These are classified as "one offs" built specifically for the re-opening of the Custom shop. So, they are one of a kind, but also meant to show the various wrap styles available. So, if you wanted to have one built later to match the colors, finish, and wrap style, it should be totally do-able.

[CUSTOM KATANA FOR SALE] 1 year 2 months ago #68085

• OvrcAHst
Brax wrote:
These are classified as "one offs" built specifically for the re-opening of the Custom shop. So, they are one of a kind, but also meant to show the various wrap styles available. So, if you wanted to have one built later to match the colors, finish, and wrap style, it should be totally do-able.
I get and understand that they're one-offs and no doubt, when Customs are open for commissions again that it can be achieved and they won't carry the quick-ship premise. What I'm hoping for clarity on is as one-offs, there is just one. When purchases are made say via Etsy (disregard the multiple quantities available and presume there is just the one) the requisition count minuses that single unit when you complete payment at checkout. So in a scenario where say two are purchasing the same one-of saber, the system will recognise payment received first as a transaction and will time-out the other.

Through this purchase method though, buying a GC in lieu of the actual Hilt doesn't carry the same requisition-count to mark it as unavailable/sold. In same scenario say two people buying a single one-of saber that is ready2ship, how is its availability monitored and updated determining that the desired product marries to the completed transaction?

[CUSTOM KATANA FOR SALE] 1 year 2 months ago #68104

• Brax
  • Administrator
I sent a message to the folks "in the know" to get clarification on how it works if two people go for the same one of a kind saber, since there are no outward indicators to inform a perspective buyer if it is still available, or not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

[CUSTOM KATANA FOR SALE] 1 year 2 months ago #68105

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
Are we over complicating it? Would it not be first in best dressed? Seems pretty simple to me. These are one of a kind promo-products. If you bought the GC before me, which the transaction records will show at SF, then you got it. So I was late, SF will presumably let me know but I still have a GC, which I can use later. Simple?
"I am the Senate"

[CUSTOM KATANA FOR SALE] 1 year 2 months ago #68116

• ukyavuz
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 42
Execute66 wrote:
Are we over complicating it? Would it not be first in best dressed? Seems pretty simple to me. These are one of a kind promo-products. If you bought the GC before me, which the transaction records will show at SF, then you got it. So I was late, SF will presumably let me know but I still have a GC, which I can use later. Simple?

Which is probably why they are asking for GC in the first place so if someone got it instead you still can redeem your money on something else.

[CUSTOM KATANA FOR SALE] 1 year 2 months ago #68117

• Burns3558
  • Elite Member
  • The force is strong in my family...
  • Thank you received: 57
I really hope that's not how it works. You think your buying a gift certificate for a saber but someone already bought the saber so you just get a gift certificate? That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard... Seriously. Why not just put them up on etsy and when they sell they will disappear from stock? I really hope you guys are wrong because if that's how it is there are going to be some really pissed off people that think they are getting unique sabers but instead get a gift certificate? Nah I don't believe that's how it works.

Unless Phil posts when they are sold that's a different story.
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Burns3558.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst, SuUpberSith

[CUSTOM KATANA FOR SALE] 1 year 2 months ago #68118

• ukyavuz
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 42
Burns3558 wrote:
I really hope that's not how it works. You think your buying a gift certificate for a saber but someone already bought the saber so you just get a gift certificate? That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard... Seriously. Why not just put them up on etsy and when they sell they will disappear from stock? I really hope you guys are wrong because if that's how it is there are going to be some really pissed off people that think they are getting unique sabers but instead get a gift certificate? Nah I don't believe that's how it works.

I think if they were able to put it on etsy shop they would do it already considering that shattered reborn is one of kind and still at shop unsold. There might be some reason or restriction which is why they might not be able to do so

[CUSTOM KATANA FOR SALE] 1 year 2 months ago #68149

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
Burns3558 wrote:

It's a sales strategy. I came late after you; you bought the one promo-saber because you purchased your GC first. So I now have a GC, and if I really want the same saber, then all I have to do is go to SF Customs with my GC.

I do think that once these promo-sabers are sold, it should be announced that they are sold. Still, nothing stopping me at any time to go to SF Customs to order one.
"I am the Senate"

[CUSTOM KATANA FOR SALE] 1 year 2 months ago #68162

• OvrcAHst
Execute66 wrote:
Are we over complicating it? Would it not be first in best dressed? Seems pretty simple to me.
:lol: Hardly over complicating it. Seeking clarity on it is all, much like (and no different to) querying when other Promo's/Sales/Trading For Sales work specifically referencing say the 25% Cash (towards-next-purchase)back and the 'combinable' stuff? :whistle:
These are one of a kind promo-products. If you bought the GC before me, which the transaction records will show at SF, then you got it. So I was late, SF will presumably let me know but I still have a GC, which I can use later. Simple?
Sounds more like a convoluted grab-bag than a purchase with intent towards the desired advertised one-off.

Burns3558 wrote:
This ^^ I agree with and stems my query as it is the alleged resulting conclusion that I am trying to avoid.

Execute66 wrote:
It's a sales strategy. I came late after you; you bought the one promo-saber because you purchased your GC first. So I now have a GC, and if I really want the same saber, then all I have to do is go to SF Customs with my GC.
You having a contingency and accepting Plan B may not be the general consensus. Yes, Customs can recreate the same 'one-off' or something else entirely but it detracts from the purpose of the quick-ship limited ed. advertised. Now to presume that Customs ordinarily carry up to 8 weeks Lead Time (no accuracy to this, hypothetical for example). Missing-out by default is no different to buying something with a 1 week lead time that becomes something exponentially more and longer? Now lets say (as isolation) that one Order is expedited because the one-off wasn't updated as sold, if I'm in a build queue waiting for a Custom to be completed, knowing a queue-jump happened wouldn't leave me with a savoury feeling.
I do think that once these promo-sabers are sold, it should be announced that they are sold.
Agreed.
Still, nothing stopping me at any time to go to SF Customs to order one.
Your acceptance. Your choice.

Brax wrote:
I sent a message to the folks "in the know" to get clarification on how it works if two people go for the same one of a kind saber, since there are no outward indicators to inform a perspective buyer if it is still available, or not.
The answers are being sought. Stay tuned for updates. :)

[CUSTOM KATANA FOR SALE] 1 year 2 months ago #68170

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
Sounds more like a convoluted grab-bag than a purchase with intent towards the desired advertised one-off.

I was saying that the GC, should I miss out, could be used to ordering the same design from Saberforge Customs. Yes, there is then a wait.
"I am the Senate"
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Execute66.

[CUSTOM KATANA FOR SALE] 1 year 2 months ago #68246

• Burns3558
  • Elite Member
Execute66 wrote:

It's a sales strategy.

Inbound or outbound?

[CUSTOM KATANA FOR SALE] 1 year 2 months ago #68251

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
I am in contact with SF Customs. The GC method is the way to purchase any hilt and customization. So the approach specified above for the one-off promotion hilts is now in fact the standard approach.
"I am the Senate"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider

[CUSTOM KATANA FOR SALE] 1 year 2 months ago #68262

• OvrcAHst
Execute66 wrote:
I am in contact with SF Customs. The GC method is the way to purchase any hilt and customization. So the approach specified above for the one-off promotion hilts is now in fact the standard approach.
Well... with the recent alert received regarding the Halloween Promotion, buying said GC leaves you eligible for another 15% off the $550 $500 reduced price and you'll score some additional freebies as well. :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuUpberSith

[CUSTOM KATANA FOR SALE] 1 year 2 months ago #68264

• Burns3558
  • Elite Member
So you work out a deal with customs ahead of time and buy a gift certificate for a custom saber and you get a custom saber - sounds great. The you buy a gift certificate and maybe you get a custom saber, maybe you get just a gift certificate depending on if you were the first person to buy it theory - sounds almost a good a deal as a wooden pommel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuUpberSith

[CUSTOM KATANA FOR SALE] 1 year 2 months ago #68268

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
Execute66 wrote:
Well... with the recent alert received regarding the Halloween Promotion, buying said GC leaves you eligible for another 15% off the $550 $500 reduced price and you'll score some additional freebies as well. :whistle:

Happy coincidence as I am at the final stages of deciding on my two hilts' options.
"I am the Senate"
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Tonight's Christmas Viewi... (5 Posts)
    • Hi again, I have just finished watching the programme and it was ok. Nothing too ground breaking or...
    • Christmas Sale!!! (7 Posts)
    • It's stackable, so you get everything in each tier you qualify for.
    • Unfulfilled and the wait (28 Posts)
    • By all means, make those kinds of suggestions to Customer Support. That is really the only way...
    • What did you think of TLJ... (17 Posts)
    • Star Wars is dead, long live Star Wars. I don't know, there's just something about it that makes...
    • Tonight's Christmas Viewi... (5 Posts)
    • I always wondered what the local sentiment concerning Graham Norton was. He certainly seems to...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6239
  • Latest Member: JWSearcy88
  • Total Posts: 62.7k
  • Total Topics: 5265
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 26
  • Yesterday Answer: 29