Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SOLD!] SF Exhalted (Champion)

[SOLD!] SF Exhalted (Champion) 4 months 1 week ago #80457

• JediRabbi
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Gentlebeings:

The time has come again to weed out my collection. I've overreached myself a little and need to even things out a bit.

For your consideration, one of the SLEEKEST sabers I've ever owned:

This Exhalted comes in 12W+ purple with a white illuminated switch (Viridian sound/Champion tier).

It's really elegant - I've never seen a saber with this kind of coloring. As best I recall, it's powder-coated in Hot Rod Black.

I'm including two kill keys. I prefer it with the copper, but the silver is also pretty slick! You also get two covertec knobs (silver and black) with matching hex screws. As you can see, I like a black knob with a silver screw - mix and match!

The finish has slightly worn off in two places - it's not very noticeable, but I believe in full disclosure:

And there's a slight blemish on the emitter neck - I wasn't obsessive enough to buff it out (you also get a good image of the powder-coat):

$400 $360 shipped within the contiguous US. Saber comes will kill key but no blade. I can include a charger for an additional charge.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions!
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you.
Last Edit: 3 months 4 weeks ago by JediRabbi.
The topic has been locked.

[FS] SF Exhalted (Champion) 4 months 3 days ago #80644

• JediRabbi
  • Premium Member
Price drop to $360!
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you.

[FS] SF Exhalted (Champion) 4 months 3 days ago #80651

• Devarin1748
I've been trying to decide between this and another hilt. I love the look of this one, and even though the other one has more in terms of features, the seller hasn't been active for a while. I'm heavily considering this one, as I absolutely love the look.

[FS] SF Exhalted (Champion) 4 months 3 days ago #80654

• JediRabbi
  • Premium Member
Glad to hear you're interested! The Exhalted is one of my favorite SF designs. This one in particular is not only great to wield but is also elegant enough to display as a show hilt. B)

Cheers!
Last Edit: 4 months 3 days ago by JediRabbi.

[FS] SF Exhalted (Champion) 4 months 2 days ago #80673

• Devarin1748
Crap. I saw the Obi-wan you have up for sale, too. You're making me wish I had more money...

[FS] SF Exhalted (Champion) 4 months 2 days ago #80680

• JediRabbi
  • Premium Member
LOL! I think a lot of us are right there, my friend. :)

[FS] SF Exhalted (Champion) 4 months 1 day ago #80693

• Devarin1748
Can this saber perform adequately in heavy sparring sessions, or is it more of a shelf piece? I don't have to worry about having it snap or fly off, do I? I do not own any thin neck sabers, so I'm unfamiliar with how durable they tend to be.

[FS] SF Exhalted (Champion) 4 months 1 day ago #80705

• JediRabbi
  • Premium Member
Good question! The Exhalted was designed with dueling ergonomics in mind (and I've never had trouble with SF thin-necked sabers).

If you're curious about durability, there's a video of Shameem beating the heck out of a tree with an Exhalted here (skip to the 2:00 mark in the video at the bottom of the page):
https://saberforgeforum.com/forum/archive/123-good-hilt-design-for-dueling?start=40

The question is also addressed here:
https://saberforgeforum.com/forum/exhalted/548-12w-amber-champion-exhalted
"I use it all the time for dueling. It's extremely comfortable, the choke point at the neck is great for spinning, and the bottom portion of the grip is great for a two handed style."

I hope that this is helpful info - if you've never held one of these hilts, you're in for a treat!
Devarin1748 wrote:
Can this saber perform adequately in heavy sparring sessions, or is it more of a shelf piece? I don't have to worry about having it snap or fly off, do I? I do not own any thin neck sabers, so I'm unfamiliar with how durable they tend to be.

[FS] SF Exhalted (Champion) 4 months 1 day ago #80707

• Devarin1748
Amazing. If this saber is still available come Friday, I would very much so like to purchase it.

[FS] SF Exhalted (Champion) 4 months 21 hours ago #80734

• JediRabbi
  • Premium Member
If no one finalizes an offer before then, it's yours! :)
Devarin1748 wrote:
Amazing. If this saber is still available come Friday, I would very much so like to purchase it.

[FS] SF Exhalted (Champion) 4 months 2 hours ago #80760

• Devarin1748
Interesting development. Apparently, I'll be getting paid tomorrow rather than Friday. I forgot that my bank processes the payments a day earlier than others. So, hopefully, I can purchase this beauty tomorrow.

[FS] SF Exhalted (Champion) 4 months 37 minutes ago #80769

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1559
Devarin1748 wrote:
Interesting development. Apparently, I'll be getting paid tomorrow rather than Friday. I forgot that my bank processes the payments a day earlier than others. So, hopefully, I can purchase this beauty tomorrow.

I have seen this saber transition to a couple of different owners, but its beauty, and unique nature remains undiminished. There is always some regret when someone decides that they need to sell one of their sabers, for whatever reason. However, with this one, that regret is higher than usual because it is always one of the prized members of their collection, and rightly so!

I believe you will be very happy with this one!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
Last Edit: 4 months 33 minutes ago by Brax.

[FS] SF Exhalted (Champion) 3 months 4 weeks ago #80788

• Devarin1748
Your assurance makes me that much more excited to see it in person. I need a blade specific for the thin neck emitter, right? Since the mount is different.

[FS] SF Exhalted (Champion) 3 months 4 weeks ago #80789

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1559
Yes, this takes a thin-neck blade.

The Exhalted was my first Saber Forge saber, and it is still one of my favorites. In fact, at some point, I plan to have the LED updated to the current model to give it even more appeal. The advantage to that is, the individual LED dies on the newer units are concentrated in the middle, which lends itself to better sending the majority of light (with the help of the focusing lens) through the thin-neck and to the blade.

Thin-neck sabers are, by definition, slightly less bright than sabers with fill sized blade sockets, so the newer LEDs give you the maximum brightness possible with this type saber. Bottom line...this one is a keeper that will just get improvements for as long as it is possible to do so. B)
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

[FS] SF Exhalted (Champion) 3 months 4 weeks ago #80795

• JediRabbi
  • Premium Member
"Yes, yes! To Brax you listen!" ;)
Brax wrote:
Yes, this takes a thin-neck blade.

The Exhalted was my first Saber Forge saber, and it is still one of my favorites. In fact, at some point, I plan to have the LED updated to the current model to give it even more appeal. The advantage to that is, the individual LED dies on the newer units are concentrated in the middle, which lends itself to better sending the majority of light (with the help of the focusing lens) through the thin-neck and to the blade.

Thin-neck sabers are, by definition, slightly less bright than sabers with fill sized blade sockets, so the newer LEDs give you the maximum brightness possible with this type saber. Bottom line...this one is a keeper that will just get improvements for as long as it is possible to do so. B)

[FS] SF Exhalted (Champion) 3 months 4 weeks ago #80800

• Devarin1748
Indeed. Ever since I decided on this saber, I've been considering possible upgrade options to further improve the viability of the saber for dueling, and cosplay, and such. Can I update the electronics through SaberForge, or are there other avenues to use?

[FS] SF Exhalted (Champion) 3 months 4 weeks ago #80802

• JediRabbi
  • Premium Member
You can certainly do so through SaberForge. That's what I had in mind when I purchased the different colored kill-keys and covertec knobs. The good folks at SF are great to work with!

[FS] SF Exhalted (Champion) 3 months 4 weeks ago #80804

• Devarin1748
I'm really excited, now. I started collecting only a few months ago, and of the five hilts that I own, just one is a Saberforge hilt. Given that it was the first one, has been beaten to hell, and still works just fine, I've felt it overdue to add another Saberforge saber. Though the goal this time was to find a saber that I could use for a costume I've been putting together. Not one to beat to death.

[FS] SF Exhalted (Champion) 3 months 4 weeks ago #80822

• Devarin1748
I was correct, I was paid today. Is the saber still available?

[FS] SF Exhalted (Champion) 3 months 4 weeks ago #80824

• JediRabbi
  • Premium Member
Still is and it's yours! I'll put it on hold pending payment.
Devarin1748 wrote:
I was correct, I was paid today. Is the saber still available?
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Annoying startup??? (23 Posts)
    • I would also rather not have them at all personally, but to each their own. I wonder if they could...
    • Annoying startup??? (23 Posts)
    • To be honest, I rarely use the blaster, lockup and force push sounds and i'd just leave them as is.
    • Solo? (25 Posts)
    • Very excited about this movie, as I've said before; mostly cause I'm curious to see how the movie...
    • Another Star Wars Trilogy... (29 Posts)
    • Quote: Funny, how perception differs. I found CA: civil war to be a total waste of time, as was Avengers...
    • Newly Arrived Adept (7 Posts)
    • Need to catch up on my Rebels (only in season 2 now :blush: :oops: ) but I definitely like the...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6569
  • Latest Member: Sinternum
  • Total Posts: 65.4k
  • Total Topics: 5536
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 139
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 22
  • Yesterday Answer: 32