Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: why you should never buy from ultrasabers!

why you should never buy from ultrasabers! 11 months 2 weeks ago #15737

• starwarsonly
  • Thank you received: 1
this video i will tell you why you should never buy from ultrasabers! watch!
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darth Servius

why you should never buy from ultrasabers! 11 months 2 weeks ago #15739

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Few things:

First off, just wanna say that while we'll be watching the thread, to make sure it doesn't get out of hand, please use caution when discussing US vs SF. It's a hot button topic, people can get really passionate about it and fights can break out very easily. As long as people remain "good" persay, it's all good :)

Secondly, I agree with several points you make in your video. US has the reputation of charging for every detail, every item, every little thing, and by the time you spec out a saber to what you get with a SF saber just... standard, how it comes, SF will win in a price match every. Single. Time. I had my own negative experience with US, and called Emory out on it, and found out his true ego, when he called literally every other saber smith and company out there "mere armchair smiths".... needless to say, that type of attitude will 100% of the time lose you a customer. And I'm a customer that has spent a few thousand dollars in the past 7 or 8 months on sabers... all from SF, now. Because you get higher quality, and better service. I have never once been left wanting in any transaction from SF; they always go above and beyond in their dealings to make sure any wrongs are made right when you give them the chance and opportunity to do so, and are approached with mutual respect. US, had an issue, gave them that same chance, and they spat on it. Literally and figuratively.

So, clearly I'm very biased and have my own opinion base, but who doesn't, in this day and age? Lol.. that being said, I did want to let you know, a couple things, that you pointed out that SF could do better with, one being the blade illumination. I agree, the 12W LED that SF uses has a high base flare which resulted in uneven illumination towards the tip of the blade. SF knew it as well, and they've been working on getting new LEDs, and now they have them. The 12W+ LEDs are due to come out with the ASP system and are available now in a pre-release format with limited availability, but they boast a tighter LED die cluster which projects a far more concentrated beam of light down the saber. The result:

(12W left, 12W+ right)

So! They've been working still on improving their game, stepping up to the plate and offering even better, brighter, and more amazing things. What has US came out with recently? A design directly stolen from SF... ha.

why you should never buy from ultrasabers! 11 months 2 weeks ago #15750

• xaviorbat
  • Thank you received: 2
Please do not start this here, I came to saberforge forum to get away from this polarizing stupidity. There are people who show things about Phil here, with screenshots and such and it took me a while to realize they were artists being a pain. Now I'm excited about the bane I have on order and the only problem I have with US is they're kind of plain. But bring them up or saberforge up anywhere but their forums and people get stupid. So please, don't ruin this place too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alfarandals

why you should never buy from ultrasabers! 11 months 2 weeks ago #15752

• Knytiri
  • Banned
There's nothing wrong with sharing experiences and opinions as long as it doesn't get out of hand. Hence my first statement, keep it civil, simple. No slandering, no gross over exaggerations and lies, nothing of that sort. After all, it is a saber community, people are going to have varying degrees of satisfaction throughout the market. So, polarizing comments, no. Don't make them, I don't like having to use the delete button.

But sharing of experiences, feedback, that's always good. Having watched his video thoroughly, he did a very good job of offering solid feedback, and was (in my opinion) rightfully upset about being censored for it.

why you should never buy from ultrasabers! 11 months 2 weeks ago #15754

• TalMeta
I have bought from both, and probably have an equal number of sabers from each outfit. The important thing to remember is that they have different strengths.

Saber Forge is excellent at producing replicas that are true to the movies. The first saber I bought was a Prodigal Son to replace my old Master Replicas Episode VI model. It's an excellent replacement, very true to the original prop. I have a Ka'tano in the queue, somewhere behind my Bane.

But I am a fan of US's soundboard. I like being able to put my own sound fonts in a saber without having to make that leap up to the Hero tier. Not every saber I buy needs to have programmable blade color options. My Prodigal Son is green, for example. But the Flamberge I bought, while the red blade color was fine, it has a custom sound font that actually sounds like multiple blade ignitions.

If anything, I wish Saber Forge at least offered a lightwhip sound font as one of the champion options; you sell the blades, and the 12w leds are a better choice that US's 10w, but I strongly suspect that the lightwhip blade I bought will wind up on an US saber for that reason alone. :/

I can like both companies for their differences, as well as their similarities (I recently sent back several of my US sabers to have recharge ports installed, as having it on my SF sabers sold me on the concept).
Embrace the madness...
Prodigal Son,DT Reborn, Phoenix, Bane, Ka'tano, Sorcerer Staff, Relic, Grandmaster LE Staff

why you should never buy from ultrasabers! 11 months 2 weeks ago #15756

• Knytiri
  • Banned
SF champion sabers only having 1 soundfile/font is perhaps their biggest weakness... which SF is fixing as well. Hopefully the sabercore 3.0 boards will be out soon, to replace the 2.0 boards in the current selection of sabers, and offer 1 or even 2 (possibly) customizable soundbanks. Which would be... as I'm sure we can all agree on.... spectacular!! =D

why you should never buy from ultrasabers! 11 months 2 weeks ago #15759

• TalMeta
/sigh

I foresee sending sabers back for upgrades. :)
Embrace the madness...
Prodigal Son,DT Reborn, Phoenix, Bane, Ka'tano, Sorcerer Staff, Relic, Grandmaster LE Staff

why you should never buy from ultrasabers! 11 months 2 weeks ago #15761

• Alfarandals
  • Thank you received: 6
SF Hilt are awesome, great design, also I love US's blade, like the ultraedge one. Beautiful for display and it has a core effect in the middle.

why you should never buy from ultrasabers! 11 months 2 weeks ago #15806

• darth kee
  • Thank you received: 3
you have to buy a champion tier or higher if you want a lit av switch. the worrier tier sabers dont have lit av switches, sadly.

why you should never buy from ultrasabers! 11 months 2 weeks ago #15814

• Ribber
  • Thank you received: 16
I know that there are at least a couple of improperly or completely unresolved issues on SF's part in my very very small circle of SF fans (2 of us, to be exact). I doubt either of us will boycott SF anytime soon, and I doubt either of us will post about it on competitors forums. Heck, emotion-filled posting about SF dissatisfaction on *this* forum a couple months ago garnered stern warnings. How things have changed...
May the Force serve you well.

why you should never buy from ultrasabers! 11 months 2 weeks ago #15817

• TVW007
  • Thank you received: 5
My first custom saber I ordered is from SF and so far my customer service has been exceptional. My Bane should be here tomorrow and I will do a full review. I did place an order for the graflex CE from Ultrasabers and of course I got that saber within 5 business days. I had one issue with the pommel but Emory shipped me out a new pommel ASAP and I had a wonderful experience and the saber aside from a couple subtle scratches is a work of art and I'm very happy with it. I will see how the Bane comes. I assume it will be flawless since I had to wait nearly 7 weeks. But I will comment on the experience when it gets here. So far I have no complaints from either and have had wonderful luck with both.

By the way starwarsonly, the way to get the ultrasaber's board to connect to the PC or Mac you need to download the software first. Then it connects fine. I can say having a few different fonts to begin with is quite nice. I only really like a couple of them and I haven't figured out how to mix and match yet. The sensitivity is a little hard to dial in but it is very customizable. Can't wait to see how bright the 12W+LED is compared to ultrasaber.

I have to say that judging by your tone your expectations were rather high. If you did a little research before you made your purchase I think you would have avoided your bad experience. I think both companies have their pro's and cons but no one forced your hand so-to-speak :). You didn't have to buy from ultrasabers if you didn't like the design or price. That being said I don't know about Saberforge but Ultrasabers has a history of deleting posts they don't agree with. Freedom of speech is with the government only not private companies. It's unfortunate because this leads to mistrust. I hope Saberforge doesn't delete a post solely because they didn't like the review. Thanks for reading I hope everyone has a nice day!
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Not sabers exactly, but m... (36 Posts)
    • Quote: Thanks Master Dain! Yes that is a Hanwei Side Sword and I noticed one in your collection. I...
    • Apprentice saber- warrior... (10 Posts)
    • Quote: Link to vid? After much searching I have found the original video that I was talking about, here...
    • Jersey Knights (16 Posts)
    • Hey guys we actually have a NYC Saber Legion Dueling Charter here. If you're not too far from the...
    • Inner Diameter Question (1 Posts)
    • I'm going to build my own electronics for my ASP saber, as want changeable fonts and a built in...
    • SF Quad Cree Mixing Combi... (54 Posts)
    • Quote: Sounds like a mix up to me. I've been told by Phil on the FB group that their Cyan is definitely...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4363
  • Latest Member: JKC
  • Total Posts: 43.2k
  • Total Topics: 3144
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 8
  • Yesterday Open: 10
  • Today Answer: 40
  • Yesterday Answer: 114