Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Fan Gallery Rules

Fan Gallery Rules 7 months 2 weeks ago #24399

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Hello one and all and welcome to Saberforge's Fan Gallery! This forum will be for any and all who have created Star Wars fan art, fiction, videos, etc to show and share with the community. Before you get started, please review the following simple rules:

1 - Do not, under any circumstances, post a negative review about ANYONE'S creation. Helpful or constructive criticism is allowed when requested. If the poster is simply looking for an outlet, and not reviews, please do not post reviews.

2 - Be clear when YOU post if you want reviews or not; if any drama comes from this section of the boards, you know our drama tolerance policy - Zero. The forum will be taken down and those who broke the rules will receive forum warnings up to and including banning.

3 - Have fun! Have a blast. Enjoy this, it's for YOU!

And remember, always... May the Forge be with you!
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 308BJP

Fan Gallery Rules 7 months 2 weeks ago #24402

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 732
Awesome man! I don't have any real talent in this area, but I am glad that there is now an area for the folks that do possess those abilities! :woohoo:
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Fan Gallery Rules 7 months 2 weeks ago #24410

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 635
Hi Knytiri,

Thank you for the new Fan Gallery section first off!

I have a "back story" I have started to write for my character I wish to establish, to help with some charity work in the future.I need to obtain some clearances first to make things official but afterwards may post the story here.

Could you just give some brief guidelines as to length of story/post etc? Should they be attachments or inserts?, or any other details you feel are important to set the gallery off on the right foot?

Thanks in advance

P.S. any chance of your story I've seen parts of in other threads being reposted here?

For Tyeth.

Fan Gallery Rules 7 months 2 weeks ago #24430

• Dr. Anthropologist
  • Premium Member
  • Hope is not lost today. It is found
  • Thank you received: 32
Awesome! Can't wait to see what people will post on the new section! :woohoo:

I'll probably post a few if I have the time. :lol:
"You can do this. Within you is the heart of a champion"

Fan Gallery Rules 7 months 2 weeks ago #24439

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi."
  • Thank you received: 169
This sounds like it's going to be an awesome section! I hope it takes off. Now to see if I can get those creative juices flowing! :woohoo:
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Fan Gallery Rules 7 months 2 weeks ago #24513

• Faethien
  • Elite Member
  • Judge me by my size, do you?
  • Thank you received: 22
Uh oh ... Here goes the rest of my "not spent on SF Forum" time ...

Dang it! :woohoo:

Fan Gallery Rules 7 months 2 weeks ago #24740

• xyster
  • Elite Member
  • "my god, it's full of stars"
  • Thank you received: 61
Darn!
was hoping for someone else to get the ball rolling on fiction!

Never mind, I'm going first then. Knocked this up during my lunch hour today. Let me say I had no real idea what I was gonna write, and once I started, it all kinda just wrote itself. So..enjoy.

"Will my loss outweigh the gain?"

"...RID YOURSELF OF IT!"

This clarion call struck the boy with the thunderous force of a lightening bolt. A chill command, spurring him on. To take up arms. To forsake any nuance of happiness in favour of the bloodlust which now welled up within his soul.

"...I perceive only that which is a threat. I exist only to vanquish that which I perceive..."

His master's words echoed around the boy's head. A shrill, discordant rapture, like the choral lament of a thousand tortured worlds.

"RID YOURSELF!"

Under withering fire and merciless melee, the boy advanced alone towards the huge fortress.
His was not the gait of a child, but the powerful stride of a creature possessed with a single intent.
Red was his blade, and red the anger flashing in his eyes, as these fools threw themselves into combat with this monster.
The snipers on the battlements were accurate. But the blaster bolts had far to travel and were easy to deflect.
Vrroww, A shining blue saber spear found an opening, and thrust it's way through the boy's guard, only to be evaded with the swift guile of a knight's apprentice. The opening was a trap, and with one arcing upward cut, both spear and owner fell in place.

More skirmishers approached reluctantly. A group of twelve armoured men, firing randomly from trembling hands and brandishing blades with little control.

"...Oh the fear...", the boy sensed it, fed off it, grasped it body and soul and allied himself with it's dread aura. Indulging in this savagery, he unleashed a terrible force power upon them all. It's wake turning the very air dark and acrid, filling the ether with his own charged malice.

"...Glorious!...". How in this frenzy he would gladly turn his blade upon himself, to further slake this thirst for wanton carnage.
The path up to the bastion would be defended with guards and droids. Turrets and traps. He knew this.
A minor inconvenience. They would all be dealt with, for his purpose was clear. The master's teachings had prepared him and had moulded this day towards a single, terrible end.
Any semblance of sanity or reason now gone. Supplanted with such enmity. A bitter rage which yearned only for vengeance, against those who had shunned him, had rid themselves of him. And who feared and resented him for his powers.

High above the battle, on a ragged clifftop, Kylo Ren surveyed the unfolding drama below. Subtly, almost imperceptibly, willing his young charge forward, with grim whispers and foreboding words.

"Soon you will confront your mother. Your father. Your brother. And all they hold dear will be taken. Just as you, my apprentice, were abandoned to be taken. You will rid yourself of their influence. Rid yourself of their memory. RID YOURSELF OF FEELING! And in place, come join the Knights of Ren."

The boy fought hard. And beneath, calling from within the turmoil and the ecstasy, came a familiar hollow feeling. That throughout his short, savage years, the losses would outweigh the gain...

Thanks for reading.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Fan Gallery Rules 7 months 2 weeks ago #24741

• xyster
  • Elite Member
Oh btw, reviews or comments are more than welcome!! It's all good. :)

Fan Gallery Rules 7 months 2 weeks ago #24743

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Hi xyster,

Indeed a very well written and mysterious beginning! Great insight to the misguided mind of your protagonist and his surrounding "victims". I look forward to more instalments. If you would like to check the RPG/Cosplay story section of the Gallery you will find the beginnings of TWO more stories, one from Dav Yeager and one from myself, For Tyeth!

As I said though great start and I look forward to more!

For Tyeth

Fan Gallery Rules 7 months 2 weeks ago #24840

• xyster
  • Elite Member
Thanks pal.
You sure write in a lot of detail. Feel like I'm missing something, maybe I'm too eager to get to the juicy bits.
Anyhow, spent today's free time pondering a follow up. Crumbs, so many possible avenues...
BUT, Will post in a day or two.

Looking forward to more from 'For'

Fan Gallery Rules 7 months 2 weeks ago #24842

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Thanks back to you,

I was in two minds how deep I needed to go with detail as I know some people haven't been introduced to the Star Wars Galaxy. I hope to use this story to help in some charity fund raising and knew if I want my plan to work it would have to be solid.
Don't worry about the "missing something" feeling, your intro was very good (almost made me turn Sith - ALMOST!). You can always use flashbacks to fill in the detail explaining how your main character came to be making this assault on the fortress, or "Thoughtful Moments" like I have where you read what a character is thinking. Just have a notepad and write down your first skeleton outline of the beginning, middle (including the main events) and how the story ends.

You could look at it like this:

Beginning - Middle - End
Balance - Disturbance - Restoration of Balance

And add or take away parts till it feels "right"

Hope that helps, and I may post 1 or 2 more pages soon.

Fan Gallery Rules 7 months 2 weeks ago #24843

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
  • Do no harm, but take no shit.
  • Thank you received: 271
For anyone serious about writing.
I'd recommend taking a look at a book called The Writer's Journey by Christopher Vogler. It uses references from Star Wars (and other stories like Pulp Fiction, Titanic and the Lion King) in the book to show the flow of a story/screen play and how to set the story in motion regarding main characters, the mentor, the call to adventure, the reluctance to take the call, crossing the threshold... and other archetypes and processes involved.

Extremely helpful to aide you if you're able to find it.

*unsure why it rotated the image on me?
Last Edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by NeBosa.

Fan Gallery Rules 7 months 2 weeks ago #24844

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Thanks NeBosa,

I will look that book up myself. Is that the book that describes the 7 types of story and the types of characters such as the Hero, Anti-Hero and the Magical Helper, and how all stories are a mixture of these elements?

Fan Gallery Rules 7 months 2 weeks ago #24845

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
It certainly does!
Mapping the Journey:
A Practical guide and Archetypes
The hero, mentor, threshold guardian, herald, shapeshifter, shadow and trickster.

Stages of the Journey:
Ordinary World
Call to Adventure
Refusal of the Call
Meeting the Mentor
Crossing the first Threshold
Tests, allies, enemies,
Approach to the Inmost Cave
Ordeal
Reward
The Road Back
Resurrection
Return with the Elixir

Fan Gallery Rules 7 months 2 weeks ago #24847

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
WOW!

Can you believe that, I read this book when I was at college - 23 years ago! Thanks for reminding me of it, it is a good read.
If I remember correctly Star Wars was described as a "space based western with good guys in white and the bad guys always wear black"!

I don't know if we may need to start a new topic to continue this thread?

Fan Gallery Rules 7 months 2 weeks ago #24848

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
I picked up this book as a reference from one of my professors back when I was in college also a little over 10years ago!

Fan Gallery Rules 7 months 2 weeks ago #24850

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
I don't know you younglings! Always getting the nice little treasures, nice Kit Fisto saber BTW!

Fan Gallery Rules 5 months 2 weeks ago #39468

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 433
I notice we've got a couple of new subforums here. Any particular associated policies to be aware of? Seems like they'd be pretty straightforward, but it'd be good to know what sort of Role Play is acceptable and such. Nice expansions, though.

Fan Gallery Rules 5 months 2 weeks ago #39486

• CallMeMistaJ
  • Premium Member
  • "So... Malak was the original meatbag? I like that idea." ―Revan, to HK-47, after recovering his memory
  • Thank you received: 49
Borommakot wrote:
I notice we've got a couple of new subforums here. Any particular associated policies to be aware of? Seems like they'd be pretty straightforward, but it'd be good to know what sort of Role Play is acceptable and such. Nice expansions, though.

I would like to know this as well. Brax?
Own
-Champ 12+ watt Phoenix

Want
-Monarch
-Sinister Prophecy
-Oracle
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics