Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Problem with german custom

Problem with german custom 6 months 3 weeks ago #26687

• madalk
Hi folks,

i wanted to inform you about problems with german custom:

My lightsaber was rejected by german custom because of this problems:

- missing crossed garbage can symbol (§ 7 i.V.m. Anhang II ElektroG Art. 14 Abs. 4)
- missing producers identification (§ 7 ElektroG)
- missing serial-, product- or identificationnumber for product (§5 Abs. 1 ElektroStoffV)
- missing CE mark (§ 12 Abs. 1, 2 ElektroStoffV)
- missing information about rechargeable battery pack (§13 Abs. 7 ElektroG)
- missing manual (§6 Abs. 1)
- and some other points....

the german custom officer couldn't hand the lightsaber out and send it back to saberforge (4th December).
After twenty days saberforge still waits for refused saber. Saberforge didn't want to pay money back until the product is back in their house.

Now i have no lightsaber and no money. Happy christmas...
The topic has been locked.

Problem with german custom 6 months 3 weeks ago #26690

• madalk
spoken like a real salesman. I see you know how to make money B)

You are right, you don't have any trouble by buying in america. This problem is caused in germany.
But this extract of law is from europe law. So this is not only german problem, it's a europe problem.
When you have asshole custom officer, they look closely on law and find missing informations.

So it can be a problem for saberforge too, when they want to sell in europe.

There are two possiblities:
saberforge has done nothing wrong. The products are allowed for eu market. The failure is made by german custom.

or

Saberforge has to update some informations into product for the eu/germany market.

But this thread is not to accuse somebody. I wanted to inform people about my problems.

Problem with german custom 6 months 3 weeks ago #26691

• Pegasus
  • Thank you received: 4
Seems to me that it is a sabreforge declaration and customs form problem. Surely this matter could be sorted out by getting it resent with the right docs. Then again I am only familiar with customs in my country, but I have seen sabres come in day in day out and we don't give them a second glance.

:P
Edit:

Sorry that probably isn't much help but it's my 2 cents for the day darl..
"Fear is not real. The only place that fear can exist is in our thoughts of the future. It is a product of our imagination."
Last Edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by Pegasus.

Problem with german custom 6 months 3 weeks ago #26695

• Pegasus
^Kinda what I was getting at but not a problem as such.
"Fear is not real. The only place that fear can exist is in our thoughts of the future. It is a product of our imagination."
Last Edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by Pegasus.

Problem with german custom 6 months 3 weeks ago #26697

• xyster
  • Elite Member
  • "my god, it's full of stars"
  • Thank you received: 61
Sounds Bad. Sorry to hear this.
Might be some over officious customs officer who's got out of bed the wrong side, otherwise it raises issues over int. shipping. That's quite a list of things which have been omitted.

Any other members from Germany might have an insight here?

Problem with german custom 6 months 3 weeks ago #26698

• Frozen
Dav Yeager wrote:
Thats Germany's problem not saberforge

If they offen sale and delivery to germany, then they also have to inform theirselfes about the German law, and Package it properly!

Problem with german custom 6 months 3 weeks ago #26707

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 194
madalk wrote:
Hi folks,

i wanted to inform you about problems with german custom:

My lightsaber was rejected by german custom because of this problems:

- missing crossed garbage can symbol (§ 7 i.V.m. Anhang II ElektroG Art. 14 Abs. 4)
- missing producers identification (§ 7 ElektroG)
- missing serial-, product- or identificationnumber for product (§5 Abs. 1 ElektroStoffV)
- missing CE mark (§ 12 Abs. 1, 2 ElektroStoffV)
- missing information about rechargeable battery pack (§13 Abs. 7 ElektroG)
- missing manual (§6 Abs. 1)
- and some other points....

the german custom officer couldn't hand the lightsaber out and send it back to saberforge (4th December).
After twenty days saberforge still waits for refused saber. Saberforge didn't want to pay money back until the product is back in their house.

Now i have no lightsaber and no money. Happy christmas...

Sorry to hear that. Wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Reading your post, I think the German customs is plain stupid. It is not pedantic information on a form that matters, which can be faked anyhow, rather it is the contents that matters. There is something about EU standards that are what we call "red tape".

I import sabers and our customs release it within a few hours (i.e. less than one day). All imports go through X-Ray and dogs so they can see what is imported. That's it. If the dogs smell something and X-Ray see something, then they pull it open. I have never had that happened before.
"I am the Senate"

Problem with german custom 6 months 3 weeks ago #26773

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Germany is the only country we're experiencing this with, and we finally got one of their customs officials to reply to us. The basic gist of it is... they're half right, and half wrong.

As custom hand-made goods we are exempt to the list of requirements for the hilt, the only certification being required is the CE label for the charger. However, they have changed import law within the past year or so, and are just now deeming to inform us of this; we have to apply for a new certification, which we are, and problems will be resolved.

To put it in the most simplistic terms possible, we were following import laws properly, they just changed what was required and thought they didn't need to tell anyone importing.

Also, we're currently waiting on 3 packages to come back to us that haven't been returned yet. They seem to be holding on to them. I guess the German custom officials like to play with the products. (we've had the most complaints about damage done to hilts from customs through Germany)

Problem with german custom 6 months 3 weeks ago #26784

• Pegasus
Lol haha I'd say it will be sitting in a mail cage somewhere in the customs office. It's usually what we do. I am sorry to say I am in customs that's how we roll.

Problem with german custom 6 months 3 weeks ago #26797

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 439
Knytiri wrote:
Germany is the only country we're experiencing this with, and we finally got one of their customs officials to reply to us. The basic gist of it is... they're half right, and half wrong.

As custom hand-made goods we are exempt to the list of requirements for the hilt, the only certification being required is the CE label for the charger. However, they have changed import law within the past year or so, and are just now deeming to inform us of this; we have to apply for a new certification, which we are, and problems will be resolved.

To put it in the most simplistic terms possible, we were following import laws properly, they just changed what was required and thought they didn't need to tell anyone importing.

Also, we're currently waiting on 3 packages to come back to us that haven't been returned yet. They seem to be holding on to them. I guess the German custom officials like to play with the products. (we've had the most complaints about damage done to hilts from customs through Germany)
Couldn't resist
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pegasus

Problem with german custom 6 months 1 week ago #31609

• Feuergeist
Hi, folks!

I am from Germany and I'm planning to buy a lightsaber from Saberforge (the Redeemer :) ).
Because of that I just wanted to ask, if the problem with the german customs has already been solved?

Kind regards

Problem with german custom 6 months 3 days ago #32724

• Chrono000
Hello, everyone,

I am also from Germany and I'm planning to buy a lightsaber from Saberforge.

Are there still any Problems with the Import to Germany? :dry:

Kind regards

Problem with german custom 6 months 3 days ago #32737

• Cronos
I have the same worries, because I am also from Germany. Any improvement so far ?
Damn EU with these regulations.

Problem with german custom 6 months 3 days ago #32742

• Frozen
I ordered mine in December. I will tell you how it went, once I get it.

Problem with german custom 6 months 3 days ago #32744

• Cronos
Good to hear, wish you the best :)

Problem with german custom 6 months 3 days ago #32784

• Chrono000
Guten Abend,

Ich habe mal eine direkte Email an This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. geschickt mit der Frage ob es noch Probleme mit dem Zoll oder EU Bestimmungen gibt.

Sobald ich eine Antwort habe werde ich sie hier Posten.

Auch interessant ist, dass es eine Partner-Webseite gibt wo man die Lichtschwerter von Saberforge auch bestellen kann. Zwar gibt es nur eine eingeschränkte Auswahl, aber dort kann man sogar automatisch ein Ladegerät für deutsche Steckdosen zum Lichschwert dazu bestellen.

Das versuche ich mal abzuklären.

Sollte ich bestellen,werde ich wen Interesse besteht, die ganzen Abgaben Posten die man beim Import durch den Zoll noch dazukommen. (Falls mein Paket rausgezogen wird und Abgaben fällig werden)

Gruß
Chrono

Problem with german custom 6 months 2 days ago #32884

• Cronos
Ja, das wäre wirklich toll. Spiele nämlich auch mit dem Gedanken mir einen zu besorgen.

Problem with german custom 6 months 2 days ago #32977

• snippyjunglist
Hallo zusammen,

Was das europäische Ladegerät angeht braucht Ihr euch keine Gedanken zu machen, laut Saberforge gehen die automatisch an Besteller mit deutscher Adresse raus.

Bezüglich des Zolls kann Ich auch hier meine Erfahrungen einfliessen lassen, ich warte nämlich derzeit auf mein Paket welches bereits auf dem Weg ist. Yay !
“The power of the dark side is an illness no true Sith would wish to be cured of.”

Problem with german custom 6 months 2 days ago #32979

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 194
Englisch sprechen bitte
"I am the Senate"
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »