Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Merry Christmas!!

Merry Christmas!! 6 months 3 weeks ago #26789

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Thank you one and all for your support, patience, feedback, and understanding through this incredible year of change and expansion, and most especially through this exceptionally busy and challenging season! We appreciate it greatly and while we still have steps to take, improvements to make, and many many orders to fill, it has still been a wild and crazy ride. I have only officially been with SF for a few short months but it's been a lifetime of experiences and I wouldn't trade them for the world.

That all being said, it's time for another random goodie bag giveaway!!

The rules? Simple!! Post here, and let me know what your favorite saber-related memory you have from this past year is. Share it with us and the community! I'll select a random winner of a goodie bag at the end of the day tomorrow (12/25, Christmas Day) and we'll get that out to you as a holiday thank you.

Thank you again, Merry Christmas, and may the Forge be with you, always.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaden Korr, Afadir, Greysider, =Ottomatix=, For Tyeth, Borommakot, Filius_Secundus.

Merry Christmas!! 6 months 3 weeks ago #26790

• yeek
  • Thank you received: 4
Merry Christmas to all my Saberforge friends as well. It's been a crazy year for you all and I'm happy to be a part of this growing community. What can I say, my best saber moment this year has to be discovering Saberforge and receiving my awesome first saber to play with. With more on the horizon I see a great relationship being forged!

Happy holidays everyone!

Merry Christmas!! 6 months 3 weeks ago #26791

• Dr. Anthropologist
  • Premium Member
  • Hope is not lost today. It is found
  • Thank you received: 32
Merry Christmas to everyone! This has been one hell of a year for all of us and I think we all deserve this holiday to ourselves. I still remember the day I opened my saber from its box. It felt like opening a real lightsaber and I was convinced that I was a real Jedi. Until I remembered that lightsabers aren't real :lol:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :woohoo:
"You can do this. Within you is the heart of a champion"
Last Edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by Dr. Anthropologist.

Merry Christmas!! 6 months 3 weeks ago #26792

• Aidzer0
  • Thank you received: 16
Hello All, Merry Christmas, Hope all goes well and everyone stays safe, i dont really have any saber memories as i am getting my saber in March B) :cheer: :cheer: too excited.

Stay safe during the holidays!

Merry Christmas!! 6 months 3 weeks ago #26793

• xyster
  • Elite Member
  • "my god, it's full of stars"
  • Thank you received: 61
Thanks Knytiri. Same to you and all the folks here. Happy Christmas!

My favourite saber memory? I may have to echo you yeek, in that I found saberforge while idly browsing one day at work...didn't get tooooo much work done that day. :blush:
Otherwise, and I acknowledge it's not strictly 2015, but seeing the crossguard ignition in the first TFA trailer was awe inspiring.
Last Edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by xyster. Reason: added text

Merry Christmas!! 6 months 3 weeks ago #26801

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 429
Merry Christmas (and a Happy Life Day to all my homies on Kashyyyk)!

I may not have a SaberForge saber yet (I will be rectifying that fairly soon!), but I'd say my favorite memory was after searching many saber companies/DIY sites and forums looking for a yellow blade that didn't look like piss I was beginning to lose hope--until I saw SF's!
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor

Merry Christmas!! 6 months 3 weeks ago #26805

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 336
My favorite saber memory this year was watching my wife make her own saber on ASP and getting pumped about it.
I'd say my favorite memory was after searching many saber companies/DIY sites and forums looking for a yellow blade that didn't look like piss I
ROFL! Yellow is hard... #amber4lyfe
Last Edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by h2soy.

Merry Christmas!! 6 months 3 weeks ago #26807

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 635
Hello to each and every member of the fourm,

I am excluding myself from this competition as I have already been blessed by Saberforge and the Forum with my prize for the ASP Design, and the gorgeous saber I received yesterday (24th). But I wanted to share a message.

I couldn't wish for more...Well one thing actually...

I wish the absolute very best to all of you over the festive period and onwards into the New Year, enjoy your holiday whatever your persuasion. And I hope you are equally blessed as I have been.

Kind regards

For Tyeth
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider

Merry Christmas!! 6 months 3 weeks ago #26809

• Shadow1275
  • Form 7 Master
  • Thank you received: 18
My favorite Saber Memory this past year was making my first purchase. At the time I didn't notice how much fun I was having because I wanted everything about it to be perfect, what with gathering all of the information and such. But looking back I began to realize that despite all of the work that was needed for research and the tough decisions I had to make I had found myself a fantastic new hobby and a community of brothers who shared that same passion. When my Disciple comes in I'll already be ready to take the next step towards my dream saber thanks to all of you. As we all have that one saber that calls to us, urging us forward towards balance with the force.

Merry Christmas everyone
"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."
Last Edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by Shadow1275.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

Merry Christmas!! 6 months 3 weeks ago #26815

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 433
Merry Christmas, all! Seeing as I didn't discover any interest in owning a saber until late this year, my favorite saber related memory was seeing Kylo Ren's saber ignite in the first Force Awakens trailer.

A close second was discovering the ASP builder, and spending a whole desk shift cranking out designs.

Merry Christmas!! 6 months 3 weeks ago #26817

• weallgotissues
  • Thank you received: 7
Merry Christmas SF forum!

I suppose my favorite saber memory is all the little girls I see dressed up as Rey instead of Anna or Elsa =P The movie was awesome, really exceeded my expectations. The fans keep growing, and the love for sabers, the lore, and the sci fi that accompanies them are stronger than ever...

May the force be with you all this holiday season B)
Last Edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by weallgotissues.

Merry Christmas!! 6 months 3 weeks ago #26818

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
  • Do no harm, but take no shit.
  • Thank you received: 271
It's difficult to nail down my favorite memory as it's been nearly a full year since I placed my first order and become a member of this forum. There has been more than 1 favorite memory so I will post a couple.

As a few have already mentioned, the unboxing of my first hilt is quite vivid as it's my first experience with a SF saber. When you see that Toblerone finally arrive and you open it to see the treasure inside. A soothing feeling comes over you as months of angst wash away when you finally have it in your hand and see uo close the craftsmanship used to create it.

Another favorite memory is receiving my first custom. Finally I got to have my own version of a specific model as I've always loved to modify the things I own to give it more of a personal feel as you've put yourself and your ideas into its creation.

Being a member of this community is also a favorite. It's great to communicate and converse with many like-minded people and geek out over star wars and one of the coolest weapons ever to have been created.

Lastly an ongoing favorite is the feel of the saber. When I'm at home there is always at least one of them in range of sight if it's not already in my hands. One of my favorite things of all is the feel when you first reach out to it in the morning or after a bit of time sitting on display. The cold feel of the aluminum in your hands and the weight of it truly makes it feel like a weapon for a more civilized time.

Merry Christmas everyone. All the best to you and yours over the holidays and days to come.
Last Edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by NeBosa.

Merry Christmas!! 6 months 3 weeks ago #26820

• BZArcher
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 83
Without a doubt, my favorite memory was giving my wife her first saber. :) Merry Christmas all.

Merry Christmas!! 6 months 3 weeks ago #26822

• Dav Yeager
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 50
Well my favorite memory would be getting my saber 3 weeks before they said I would but my most memorable memory would have to be wacking myself in the butt while practicing last night it still hurts lol
The light shall burn away the darkness

Merry Christmas!! 6 months 3 weeks ago #26824

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 194
That would have to be my first SF order, which was the Mauler Staff (currently in production queue), and learning all about the buying "rules" - Etsy ordering process, communicating with SF, specifying and upgrading for options like 12W+, Quick Connect etc. I have never felt more "connected" to a Star Wars community as now with the sabers hobby, notwithstanding the new movie, learning about sabers via this Forum has brought the hobby to a new level. :)
"I am the Senate"

Merry Christmas!! 6 months 3 weeks ago #26827

• tracker9685
  • Thank you received: 8
Merry Christmas all! My favorite saber related memory actually happened today. When opening presents with my family, i found out that my parents ordered me an acolyte for Christmas! it will be my first saber of this quality (first saber besides the old flick out toys actually. sad i know) and in addition to that, I got saber training classes at a local fencing studio!

Hope everyone has a great Christmas!

Merry Christmas!! 6 months 3 weeks ago #26839

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 732
Merry Christmas my SaberForge brethren!

I have had a lot of pretty memorable saber moments this year. Seeing my son receive his Epoch v2, then a few months later his weathered Bane. The ASP kickstarter, and when we took our sabers with us on vacation to San Diego, and took a few photos around the USS Midway. Funny thing about that was, it was a week after ComicCon, so I guess after that, folks seeing light sabers being swung around was nothing out of the ordinary.

I think though that the most memorable for me was unboxing my own saber, after dreaming about it for years. It was the one I always wanted, since the first time I saw Star Wars in 1977, and it was hard to contain the unbridled joy of finally owning one!

Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Merry Christmas!! 6 months 3 weeks ago #26842

• Drej
  • Thank you received: 7
My favorite saber memory this year is the sabers from the new movie. Excited to see what they do in the next show.
"Remember: Your focus determines your reality."

Merry Christmas!! 6 months 3 weeks ago #26843

• Frozen
  • Thank you received: 4
Merry Christmas everyone!
My favourite saber related memory of this year was after a lightsaber figting show. After the show, a little boy, maybe 7-8 years old Came to one of the fighters, talking about how much he loved it. Then he had a Little lightsaber duel with him. Seeing that wie can make kids so happy with this is awesome every time!

Merry Christmas!! 6 months 3 weeks ago #26847

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi."
  • Thank you received: 169
For Tyeth wrote:
Hello to each and every member of the fourm,

I am excluding myself from this competition as I have already been blessed by Saberforge and the Forum with my prize for the ASP Design, and the gorgeous saber I received yesterday (24th). But I wanted to share a message.

I couldn't wish for more...Well one thing actually...

I wish the absolute very best to all of you over the festive period and onwards into the New Year, enjoy your holiday whatever your persuasion. And I hope you are equally blessed as I have been.

Kind regards

For Tyeth

^^You're a good dude For. Merry Christmas!^^

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!! My favorite saber memory came exactly one month ago today when I received my Exile. I have been a SW fan for approx. 38 years and this is the first time I've purchased a lightsaber. All my others were imagination based(broomsticks,pvc pipe,etc.). They simply didn't make stuff this cool when I was a kid. So when I opened that toberlerone I was transported back to my childhood and the joyous feeling only children feel when they get that special new toy, puppy, or whatever they've been dreaming of. Thank you Saberforge for making this 44 year old kid's dream of having a lightsaber a reality. :)
MTFBWY
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU
Last Edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by Greysider.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• ASP IGG issues (4 Posts)
    • OHMYGOD I just watched some asp reviews and now I'm certain I DIDN'T GET THE WARRENTY!!! will...
    • Ah thanks Brax but can anyone send the perk? I'd like to check it before emailing. The perks on IGG...
    • The only folks who can truly answer these questions, and rectify any issues is Customer Service....
    • Hi all.I bought the ASP IGG 2 champion sabers perk,with a friend.My saber's great and all,maybe I'll...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4378
  • Latest Member: KMGittins
  • Total Posts: 43.2k
  • Total Topics: 3150
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 34
  • Yesterday Answer: 72