Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: No more.

No more. 6 months 1 week ago #31196

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
The wait begins thread was deleted. You guys continue to push the forum rules well beyond what should be done, and it's over. No more wait threads. Period.

I have stated SO many times that this is not the place for specific order comments or complaints that it is simply infuriating to cone here and read 20 new posts of exactly that. Rules are here for a reason, and they need to be respected.

I have explained the situation as what is going on right now a dozen times. Don't like it? I'm sorry. We are working on a hundred things to improve on. Coming in with a "mightier-than-thou" attitude about how things should be done is pointless and insulting.

From here on out any and all customer issues will be deleted off of the forum without notice. This is not the place for them. Any wait time threads in the immediate future will also be deleted until I feel that people can respect the rules enough to allow one.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaden Korr, Vanguard

No more. 6 months 1 week ago #31197

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 168
Great going, folks.

Question, Knytiri. Are comments and posts expressing emotions or experiences actually ordering sabers or posts about what sabers people are ordering against the rules now, as well? Because that would suck.

Oracle, Fury, Avenger, Bane, Katana

No more. 6 months 1 week ago #31198

• Knytiri
  • Banned
No, not at all. We do encourage you to share your experiences, but it's going to be a while before I can allow another communal thread such as that. It snowballs too quickly into other things and people lack the control to not break rules on those.

No more. 6 months 1 week ago #31199

• MusicallyInspired
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 61
Should sticky.

No more. 6 months 1 week ago #31200

• Knytiri
  • Banned
Good idea, thank you.

No more. 6 months 1 week ago #31202

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 732
MusicallyInspired wrote:
Should sticky.

I think it already is, in the form of "Da Rules" which have been there since the last time this happened. Those of us who rather care take the forum when the mods are away attempt to steer new folks towards the rules, and the FAQ. Unfortunately, some of them jump straight into the fray without ever visiting the "New Members" thread, and we don't get the chance to point them there before they post something that they might not be aware is not cool. It is unfortunate, but if we continue to self-police to the extent possible, then we are doing the best we can to keep things going in the right direction, so the mods don't have much to do.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
Last Edit: 6 months 1 week ago by Brax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaden Korr, Afadir, For Tyeth

No more. 6 months 1 week ago #31593

• Shadow1275
  • Form 7 Master
  • Thank you received: 18
Too bad, it was a fun thread for a while and the humor helped lighten the edge off of the wait. All it takes is a couple people who take it too far though. That's why we have the code.

There is no emotion, there is peace

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge

There is no passion, there is serenity

There is no death, there is the Forge

I guess several of the new members aren't ready to be jedi yet
"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."
The following user(s) said Thank You: BenSharp17

No more. 6 months 1 week ago #31595

• jbeem
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 42
Shoot I missed the storm!

I saw PyCoder's post and knew the shit was about to hit the fan. Then I stepped away to watch a christopher hitchens debate and now the post is gone!

I can only dream of the insanity that ensued. I'm sure the appropriate smack was layed down.

and shadow1275...props on the Jedi Code.

We can all learn to live better through its realization.

No more. 6 months 1 week ago #31610

• Shadow1275
  • Form 7 Master
It's a small business, they are in the middle of expanding. They deliver high quality products which lengthens the build time. And they just exited a heavy volume period, namely the holiday season. Double the volume to monumental levels considering a star wars movie just came out.

Caveat Emptor. The Lead times on the faq are estimates at best and even then they are not guaranteed. I understand that paying customers have a right to voice complaints but voicing them on the forum is pointless. I sent an email to customer service a week ago and still haven't heard back yet, but I don't feel like turning to the dark side.

And before anyone goes around claiming the sith are better than the jedi the Jedi always turn the Sith into Bantha Poodoo which is why come episode 7 there are no sith left, only a Snoke.
"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

No more. 6 months 1 week ago #31613

• jbeem
  • Premium Member
Yeah but Snoke is totally Darth Plagueis. I don't care that Anthony Serkis tried to play it off, he's full of it or has no clue who Plagueis even is.

And i'm glad snoke is plagueis. It ties together the worlds and trilogies and I think its fitting.

No more. 6 months 1 week ago #31614

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 107
Here's my point of view, as someone who worked in Customer Service for 4 years:

The problem with the wait time posts is that they do not accomplish anything, and may actually do more harm than good.

As has been made abundantly clear at this point, you should not expect any customer service on the forum; any information you get here is SF being generous. Questions belong in the email queue that the 2-3 CSRs are constantly struggling with. But the Wait Begins threads wound up evolving into an echo chamber of complaints and questions, with people expecting that their issues will get priority because they posted in the forums. Because they aren't satisfied that SF can't keep up with their email queue (which contains all order questions, complaints, order receipts, etc), they expect to cut in line. And since they aren't served first, SF somehow has terrible customer service because the customer isn't coming first.

However, there are thousands of customers at this point who all expect to come first. So they get in line, don't do their research on the market and response times, and are unwilling to compromise with the slow service due to an overworked, small market suddenly expanded by the holidays and the release of the first decent Star Wars movie in maybe two+ decades. Then they vent on the forums that THEY were given an estimated time of X and HOW DARE Saberforge be unable to complete their saber on time due to the unexpected, most likely temporary, circumstances.

When the CSRs come to work in the morning and try to handle the thousands of emails they have, they must also moderate the forums. And everywhere they see people ignoring the few rules to participate in what was rapidly becoming an out of control hate bomb because the niche hobby store is suddenly expected to have the same resources and rapid customer service as Amazon.

This is more than a freedom of speech or Jedi vs. Sith argument. This is an issue where the constant negativity and refusal to be patient is slowing down the entire customer service model of Saber Forge, and in complaining so constantly about the issue the customer contributes to the problem themselves. Every complaint the CSRs need to field and every post in violation of the rules delays an opportunity the CSRs have to actually do their jobs.

[/vent]

In any case, I am part of the audience whose saber has been delayed, so I understand how it feels. But for every person who reasonably weighs the issue and considers their wait time post there will be another 10 looking to scream at a wall, and that is not needed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kheragryn

No more. 6 months 1 week ago #31617

• jbeem
  • Premium Member
One thing I draw from your post is a crucial fact.

I think the people dealing with the emails should be separate from the people moderating the forums. That would make both camps job's much easier.

No more. 6 months 1 week ago #31620

• gl9999
  • Thank you received: 1
Shadow1275 wrote:
It's a small business, they are in the middle of expanding. They deliver high quality products which lengthens the build time. And they just exited a heavy volume period, namely the holiday season. Double the volume to monumental levels considering a star wars movie just came out.

Caveat Emptor. The Lead times on the faq are estimates at best and even then they are not guaranteed. I understand that paying customers have a right to voice complaints but voicing them on the forum is pointless. I sent an email to customer service a week ago and still haven't heard back yet, but I don't feel like turning to the dark side.

And before anyone goes around claiming the sith are better than the jedi the Jedi always turn the Sith into Bantha Poodoo which is why come episode 7 there are no sith left, only a Snoke.

We understand that Saberforge is doing their best and that they are growing but this isn't actually about just lead times.

Considering that there have been so many lost and cancelled orders, why can't people voice their frustration or come here seeking more information? Especially since the poor CSRs are overworked and can't really answer emails fast enough. Some people here fantasize they are Jedi and have infinite patience. But most of us here live in the real world where our patience have limits.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Baymillz

No more. 6 months 1 week ago #31622

• joshS
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 2
That's just like..your opinion man...
Come episode 7 there is barely one Jedi left. I say barely bc Luke is being a poon hiding away on his island bc he's too terrified of the dark side. Clearly the dark side is better
The following user(s) said Thank You: DarthTtocs

No more. 6 months 1 week ago #31628

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
jbeem wrote:
One thing I draw from your post is a crucial fact.

I think the people dealing with the emails should be separate from the people moderating the forums. That would make both camps job's much easier.

This would be a good turn of events, but like Knytiri says: SF is in the middle of improving a ton of different aspects. Hell, just recently they tripled the number of CSR's. But adding a full-time moderator for the forums would be costly, and on top of their other expenses it doesn't make sense.

Having the active users and customers moderate would be ideal, but there are too many unknowns in that regard, and the CSRs would need to constantly monitor the Mods anyways. Are they abusing their power? Do they accurately represent the Saberforge image? Can they be trusted to remain active? In the end you would be left with a very similar situation as now, except with an added layer of complications.

In the end, the forums ultimately don't matter to the business. They have the potential to sway a customer's opinion on the company, but beyond that they're a hassle at best. I would personally rather they expend resources reducing lead times, since that is more likely to solve the issue of complaints, and limit the scope of discussion on the Forums until the storm is past.

No more. 6 months 1 week ago #31630

• Shadow1275
  • Form 7 Master
jbeem wrote:
Yeah but Snoke is totally Darth Plagueis. I don't care that Anthony Serkis tried to play it off, he's full of it or has no clue who Plagueis even is.

And i'm glad snoke is plagueis. It ties together the worlds and trilogies and I think its fitting.

Lol, doesn't matter. The dark side still got pasted at the end of episode 7 by an untrained lightsider. And Snoke is deathly afraid of Luke returning, that's why he didn't want anyone finding him. :P
gl9999 wrote:
Considering that there have been so many lost and cancelled orders, why can't people voice their frustration or come here seeking more information? Especially since the poor CSRs are overworked and can't really answer emails fast enough. Some people here fantasize they are Jedi and have infinite patience. But most of us here live in the real world where our patience have limits.

Lol, the jedi code thing is a joke. I live in the real world too and I don't pretend to be a jedi, I'm just a patient guy. If I swung around a wiffle bat all day wearing a bathrobe I wouldn't be able to afford a lightsaber from Saberforge.

The forum rules state and so does the first quote of this page that this forum is not for customer service complaints or questions. It's pointless to post and when people ignore the rules then we all suffer. The Wait Begins was a fun thread where everyone got to joke around the wait, more importantly it was a great source of information for new members who were deciding on their first purchase or had already made a purchase to learn from experienced customers. But then a couple people ignored the forum rules and now that source of information is gone.

Like I said, consumers have the right to voice their concerns (though the majority of posts I saw amounted to complaining rather than calm expressions of concern. Not every one of them though) but do it through effective channels. Forum complaints are a waste of time.

No more. 6 months 1 week ago #31631

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 635
Disclaimer: I am not an employee, or connected to Saberforge in any way, I am just a past customer and (proud?) member of this forum.
I just want to say I am one very sad member of the forum today. That this whole subject has got to this. I was considering whether or not to remain as a member as I enjoy sharing my (limited I admit) knowledge for the benefit of the uninitiated, but things are getting out of hand and expectations, and it seems feelings, are rising to a point I don't feel I want to be involved.

I understand that some people have issues, I admit I was lucky, I did my research before I made my purchase and did so with my eyes open. I knew the risks when I clicked confirm purchase.

I am sorry for people who have the issues but there are "ways to do things properly via appropriate channels".

I feel I may just have to watch from the shadows not making contributions and see if the situation improves.

For Tyeth
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=

No more. 6 months 1 week ago #31633

• jbeem
  • Premium Member
I was just thinking that it seems part of the problem a CSR would deal with would be answering 1000 some emails a day and then coming here and having to repeatedly answer/deal with the same questions on the forums. That would lead to the overwhelming anger thats patently obvious here lately.

I think they said they hired new CSR people. So perhaps one of the new people they hired could be "just" for policing the forums and the rest deal with the emails.

But the issues you laid out are perfectly true. They would still have to "police" the new "police" and it would be extra wastes of resources at least temporarily.

Its hard times for everyone right now. I can't even imagine what it looks like inside the warehouse at SF right now. With the ASP launch, new hires, the terrible lost/stolen orders fiasco, and the mega explosion of customers due to the holiday/movie rush. Its like a "perfect" storm of suck. A shit sandwich and everyone's gonna have to take a bite!
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=

No more. 6 months 1 week ago #31636

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
Its hard times for everyone right now. I can't even imagine what it looks like inside the warehouse at SF right now. With the ASP launch, new hires, the terrible lost/stolen orders fiasco, and the mega explosion of customers due to the holiday/movie rush. Its like a "perfect" storm of suck. A shit sandwich and everyone's gonna have to take a bite!

True, there's no easy solution to this and odds are we're going to just have to wait it out until SF is caught up with everything. In terms of CSRs we have Knytiri, Melissa and Kevin, though I could have sworn there was a post at some point that there were issues segueing Kevin into taking over the Etsy emails, so I think they may have pulled Melissa off the forums to help out with that.
And after the research you did know that your package will be lost or stolen by USPS?

No, that's a first and is unpredictable. :P However, the eventual transition to FedEx should fix that at least.
I feel I may just have to watch from the shadows not making contributions and see if the situation improves.

No, For, don't go! You're one of the nicest and most informative people I've met on this website :(

No more. 6 months 1 week ago #31639

• jbeem
  • Premium Member
Now you guys have really gone and done it!

Don't be chasing For away!

I've only been here a few weeks but For is literally one of the most helpful and friendly personalities on this forum. He is the kind of customer that needs to be "kept and courted", if you will, because having him around makes all the incoming new customers feel welcomed and embraced.

Its a much needed sentiment around here to offset some of the fury.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BenSharp17
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• ASP IGG issues (4 Posts)
    • OHMYGOD I just watched some asp reviews and now I'm certain I DIDN'T GET THE WARRENTY!!! will...
    • Ah thanks Brax but can anyone send the perk? I'd like to check it before emailing. The perks on IGG...
    • The only folks who can truly answer these questions, and rectify any issues is Customer Service....
    • Hi all.I bought the ASP IGG 2 champion sabers perk,with a friend.My saber's great and all,maybe I'll...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4378
  • Latest Member: KMGittins
  • Total Posts: 43.2k
  • Total Topics: 3150
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 34
  • Yesterday Answer: 72