Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Calling All Redemmer Owners - Information Request

Calling All Redemmer Owners - Information Request 1 year 5 months ago #4818

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 201
Technical information.
- hilt length, and diameter.
11.5" length, inner diameter 1", inner diameter of the thin neck is 0.5".
- if you got the warrior version, how easily does the pommel open to access the battery. Did you get standard or Li-Ion battery.
I got Champion
- for Li-Ion does the charger work well? How long does it take to charge? How long does a charge last?
I have several SF chargers, and I haven't had any problems with them so far. I don't use my sabers often, so the charging usually takes less than an hour for me before the light turns green.
- did you get the standard or weathered finish? Did it look as good as the pictures on the site? If weathered did you get a dark or light weathering? Was it what you expected? Can you provide pictures
I got standard finish. It looked even better in person. It was heavier than I expected, but it was my first saber replica and I didn't really have any references to compare it too.
- how does it handle? Do you use it one handed or two handed?
I don't duel with my Redeemer. It is more od a display piece for me. Obi-Wan's Episode III hilt is my favorite lightsaber design from the movies, so I bought it mainly for display and its emotional value. The few times I have tried to swing it around, the activation box has gotten in the way.
Did you get it with Quick Connect/Quick Disconnect for the LED
Thin neck sabers are not compatible with quick disconnects.

Also, non technical, what are the pros and cons of the saber?
I love the different colors on the hilt. It's one of the most colorful hilts. There's silver, black, brass, and copper. The saber just looks incredible. But as mentioned above, it is probably the least comfortable for dueling purposes because of the large box. The thin neck design is exquisite, by far the most accurate thin neck design for a dueling saber out there.
Did you get it for dueling, costume or display?
Display primarily.
Overall satisfaction?
9.5/10 I wish the side rails on the activation box didn't snap off so easily. SF will be releasing an updated box design in late February/early March 2015 that will remedy this failing, however.
How long have you had the Redeemer?
Since March 2014
Do you own other sabers?
15 sabers and counting, some SF, some converted MR/Hasbro, some custom builds.

Any general observations?
This is hands down the BEST "replica" of the Obi-Wan Kenobi Episode III saber hilt currently available on the market, short of the very rare and expensive LE Master Replicas 1:1 version, which does not include sound or blade.

Here is a link to my youtube channel, where I feature my Redeemer in a couple videos: Shameem's YouTube Channel
"Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi…"

Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by DarthMario95.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Griffon

Calling All Redemmer Owners - Information Request 1 year 5 months ago #5014

• Rasmus117
DarthMario95 wrote:
Technical information.
- hilt length, and diameter.
11.5" length, inner diameter 1", inner diameter of the thin neck is 0.5".
- if you got the warrior version, how easily does the pommel open to access the battery. Did you get standard or Li-Ion battery.
I got Champion
- for Li-Ion does the charger work well? How long does it take to charge? How long does a charge last?
I have several SF chargers, and I haven't had any problems with them so far. I don't use my sabers often, so the charging usually takes less than an hour for me before the light turns green.
- did you get the standard or weathered finish? Did it look as good as the pictures on the site? If weathered did you get a dark or light weathering? Was it what you expected? Can you provide pictures
I got standard finish. It looked even better in person. It was heavier than I expected, but it was my first saber replica and I didn't really have any references to compare it too.
- how does it handle? Do you use it one handed or two handed?
I don't duel with my Redeemer. It is more od a display piece for me. Obi-Wan's Episode III hilt is my favorite lightsaber design from the movies, so I bought it mainly for display and its emotional value. The few times I have tried to swing it around, the activation box has gotten in the way.
Did you get it with Quick Connect/Quick Disconnect for the LED
Thin neck sabers are not compatible with quick disconnects.

Also, non technical, what are the pros and cons of the saber?
I love the different colors on the hilt. It's one of the most colorful hilts. There's silver, black, brass, and copper. The saber just looks incredible. But as mentioned above, it is probably the least comfortable for dueling purposes because of the large box. The thin neck design is exquisite, by far the most accurate thin neck design for a dueling saber out there.
Did you get it for dueling, costume or display?
Display primarily.
Overall satisfaction?
9.5/10 I wish the side rails on the activation box didn't snap off so easily. SF will be releasing an updated box design in late February/early March 2015 that will remedy this failing, however.
How long have you had the Redeemer?
Since March 2014
Do you own other sabers?
15 sabers and counting, some SF, some converted MR/Hasbro, some custom builds.

Any general observations?
This is hands down the BEST "replica" of the Obi-Wan Kenobi Episode III saber hilt currently available on the market, short of the very rare and expensive LE Master Replicas 1:1 version, which does not include sound or blade.

Here is a link to my youtube channel, where I feature my Redeemer in a couple videos: Shameem's YouTube Channel

Do you know if the diameter of the Redemer is the same as on the Prodigal Son? Meaning is it also 1 inch thick?

Calling All Redemmer Owners - Information Request 1 year 5 months ago #5027

• kant
  • Thank you received: 1
I just received mine today. Champion edition weathered. I don't recall an option about light vs dark weathering. It's my first and likely only saber so I have nothing to compare to but it's pretty much perfect as far as I'm concerned.

I got it for display purposes and I have to imagine it would be rather uncomfortable to duel with honestly. Uploaded a picture here for reference:

Weathered Redeemer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Griffon

Calling All Redemmer Owners - Information Request 1 year 5 months ago #5040

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
Looks really cool, Kant!

Rasmus, yes the Prodigal Son and Exhalted have pretty much the same dimensions.

Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by DarthMario95.

Calling All Redemmer Owners - Information Request 1 year 5 months ago #5055

• kant
DarthMario95 wrote:
Looks really cool, Kant!

Thanks! I think Saberforge did a great job. Definitely worth the wait.

Calling All Redemmer Owners - Information Request 1 year 5 months ago #5202

• kant
Griffon wrote:
The question in the original entry has to do with the final level of weathering that you received on thd saber. Of Course, if you can post pictures that works even better. Your weathering seems to be pretty close to the examples that are shown in the store pictures. It is very nice looking.

Oooh I see what you meant now. Yeah, I think it turned out pretty well. Not too dark. I like how it toned down the super shiny bronze and brass. And it makes the black sections look a little better to me. In the pictures of the regular version it almost looks like it could be part plastic.

Calling All Redemmer Owners - Information Request 1 year 4 months ago #5367

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
If everyone who has posted here and in Griffon's other "calling all ____ owners" threads could copy/paste their reviews into the new Reviews category here on the forum, that would be much appreciated. Thanks all!

Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• ASP IGG issues (4 Posts)
    • OHMYGOD I just watched some asp reviews and now I'm certain I DIDN'T GET THE WARRENTY!!! will...
    • Ah thanks Brax but can anyone send the perk? I'd like to check it before emailing. The perks on IGG...
    • The only folks who can truly answer these questions, and rectify any issues is Customer Service....
    • Hi all.I bought the ASP IGG 2 champion sabers perk,with a friend.My saber's great and all,maybe I'll...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4378
  • Latest Member: KMGittins
  • Total Posts: 43.2k
  • Total Topics: 3150
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 34
  • Yesterday Answer: 72