Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Archon.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: V1 Archon SF|Story..... Pt III

V1 Archon SF|Story..... Pt III 8 months 1 week ago #69804

• Daedalus
  • "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." - Han Solo
  • Thank you received: 12
Sheer epicness. THe reversed shroud looks damn impressive. But if that, during a duel, were to get a good whack it'd bend most assuredly.
Btw, is the black anodized part one solid piece or multiple threaded parts?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

V1 Archon SF|Story..... Pt III 8 months 1 week ago #69809

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1606
Daedalus wrote:
Sheer epicness. THe reversed shroud looks damn impressive. But if that, during a duel, were to get a good whack it'd bend most assuredly.
No doubt. The reversed setup is really a display alternative (or for spinning if that's your thing), wouldn't recommend duelling with it in that setup as it will return the same durability as Hilts with Venom/Viper Claws: None.
Btw, is the black anodized part one solid piece or multiple threaded parts?
One solid piece much like a Guardian with the shroud removed. Best illustrated by...

.. as shared by =Ottomatix= here with his Initiate. Keep in mind (with wired and set switches/ports in place) the lower shroud removal is restricted by said switch/ports.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daedalus

V1 Archon SF|Story..... Pt III 8 months 1 week ago #69820

• Daedalus
  • "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." - Han Solo
  • Thank you received: 12
One solid piece much like a Guardian with the shroud removed. Best illustrated by...

.. as shared by =Ottomatix= here with his Initiate. Keep in mind (with wired and set switches/ports in place) the lower shroud removal is restricted by said switch/ports.

Hmm. That'll have to stay on when I take care of any sharp edges when my Archon arrives.
Last Edit: 8 months 1 week ago by Daedalus.

V1 Archon SF|Story..... Pt III 8 months 1 week ago #69822

• OvrcAHst
Daedalus wrote:
Hmm. That'll have to stay on when I take care of any sharp edges when my Archon arrives.
Yours may be completely fine, just depends on your tolerance. :) The sharp edges on mine were mostly isolated to the upper shroud and the box. The lower was predominantly where the accent recessed grooves are. Some Fine/Super Fine steel wool will do the trick or some folded 1200+ grit sand paper also works. ;)

V1 Archon SF|Story..... Pt III 4 months 1 week ago #74245

• OvrcAHst
Sooo….. it’s been a while since I’ve Posted any existing Collection revisit’s or any writeups for that matter.
The former is happening now with the latter maybe a little later.

My first attempt of an Avenger Mark V, in my opinion turned out quite favourably. I since sold it and it is with its new owner in New Mexico. Wanting another crack at it and seeing what was left to choose from to bring forward as the test subject, decided to run my Archon through the simulation.

This is what became…

Widened the previously made incision to the underbelly to open as a larger chamber window which naturally becomes shrouded by the caged-ribbing effect of the Archon’s Emitter shroud. The single spot shine through topside remains and the thumbscrew greeblie was changed to something different (came from a Monarch with a polished outer circumference ring). This remains as the secondary blade retention and primary retention of the emitter shroud.

Contained within the widen chamber window is a simple crystal to represent its heart.

Nothing too fancy with its creation. The colour that remains with this Saber is a 12watt+ Deep Red Led (yes, still with QC’s but will likely remain as such until I shuffle it along for a board upgrade and RGB LED swap).
Took some blade stock, cut out its mid-section, inserted two inverted covertechs into the opposing ends, glued a piece of quartz in between and finished with two brass rods to hold it down.

Archon Mark V

Changed out the Pommel too.

And polished it up some more.

That is all. ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=, SurudoiKi

V1 Archon SF|Story..... Pt III 4 months 1 week ago #74250

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 256
Very nice! I like the greeblie button in place of the control box. That looks great powder coated and polished.

I'm thinking of doing a crystal chamber in mine as well (but down before the switches)... it's so long of a hilt it'd be a shame not to, haha. Still torn on what I want to do on the exterior of mine, but this shows me just how good that shroud looks polished. :)

V1 Archon SF|Story..... Pt III 4 months 1 week ago #74251

• Blade
  • Thank you received: 38
Wow...that is incredible! Very much a Mark V saber.
Great work!

V1 Archon SF|Story..... Pt III 4 months 1 week ago #74255

• BoostinIX
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 183
Me gusta.

V1 Archon SF|Story..... Pt III 4 months 1 week ago #74257

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 531
I'm picki'N up, what you're putt'N down. B) Nice job Mate :woohoo:

V1 Archon SF|Story..... Pt III 4 months 1 week ago #74259

• Meatsweats
  • Thank you received: 3
That is absolutely gorgeous. I don't think I have the marbles to bust a whole in mine though. The Archon is so great for creativity, I just feel like there's so much you can do with it. Reason I picked one up during the sale!!!

V1 Archon SF|Story..... Pt III 4 months 1 week ago #74261

• CrimsonJax88
  • Elite Member
  • Dutch guy living in Norway!
  • Thank you received: 79
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Just... :woohoo:

My god man! :silly: You keep outdoing yourself with these customizations :lol: I love the colour scheme, the polished look and by the Force; if the Archon had that pommel as a standard one, I would've never given the pommel 07 a second thought; that looks amazing and gorgeous and cool and just... :woohoo:
Love the crystal chamber as well btw, really fits with that hilt... man... giving me ideas for customizing the one I have ordered even more :ohmy:
For my ally is the Force - and a powerful ally it is!
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Saber Forge Mystery Box S... (43 Posts)
    • Quote: @Brax Sounds like they are "pre-building" a bunch of these. Do you know what the lead time looks...
    • Quote: Will the Mystery Champions be running the newer Sabercore 3.0 tech or the current 2.0? Or does that...
    • Quote: If I buy a Mystery Box and it comes with a SaberCore 2.0, I certainly won't be disappointed. B) ...
    • @Brax Sounds like they are "pre-building" a bunch of these. Do you know what the lead time looks...
    • Boston Comic Con (8 Posts)
    • I want to get my hands on a sith acolyte/eradicator robe, but the only ones I can find are 300...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5468
  • Latest Member: BradleyBop
  • Total Posts: 57.5k
  • Total Topics: 4810
  • Total Sections: 23
  • Total Categories: 128
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 28
  • Yesterday Answer: 57