Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Archon.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: 12W Champion Indigo

12W Champion Indigo 1 year 11 months ago #17218

• Jatne
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 2
When I saw the Archon release I new I had to have one. I ordered first day even though I already had 4 SF sabers on the way including 2 from the ASP kickstarter. Of the 5 the archon was the first to arrive.

While I own several Master Replica and Hasbro Force FX lightsabers and even an old US, this is my first SF saber and I must say I am very impressed. The level of detail on the hilt and even the blade plug is amazing. The blade is very bright and obviously much hardier than any of my other sabers.

One thing that really puts this saber above and beyond the rest of my collection is the on board menu. The ability to adjust the sensitivity of the motion sensors and the frequency of the blade is nice, and the option to mute (especially with easily excitable pets around) is great too.

I only had a couple minor concerns. First was I was under the (mistaken) impression that the cover-tech system (belt clip portion) was included with the saber. When I double checked and found out it wasn't I tested it on the one that came with my latest force FX saber to find it didn't fit. I've now ordered the belt clip and will be able to open carry it soon.

The only other concern is indigo isn't quite the color I was expecting. It is much closer to blue than purple while the pictures I'd seen on the forums led me to expect it was much more purplish. I still really like the color but for those of you looking to order an indigo blade be aware that the pictures uploaded don't seem to capture what the blade will look like live.

Overall I am very satisfied with my new saber which I can safely say is the best lightsaber I own...at least until some of the other SF sabers start arriving to challenge my archon's spot at the top.
Purchased 6 hilts from SF

Cheated out of the prize in the final lottery
The administrator has disabled public write access.

12W Champion Indigo 1 year 11 months ago #17223

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 382
First was I was under the (mistaken) impression that the cover-tech system (belt clip portion) was included with the saber.
This confused we a bit on my first purchase as well. The covertec wheel comes installed, the belt system is separate. If you're in a rush you can get them from Amazon as well.
The only other concern is indigo isn't quite the color I was expecting. It is much closer to blue than purple while the pictures I'd seen on the forums led me to expect it was much more purplish.
The LEDs affect cameras and their various filters in a number of ways so it's close to impossible to get an accurate bead on what an LED will look like.

The Archon is hands down my favorite SF design so far. How long is it from tip to tip?

12W Champion Indigo 1 year 11 months ago #17256

• Sparrowhawk
  • Thank you received: 18
I love the Archon. Wish there were ASP options to make this. Honestly, I like the hilt without the Covertech knob and think the hilt would look better with a D-ring. Just my 2 cents.

12W Champion Indigo 1 year 11 months ago #17269

• Zeddicuus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 41
Would still look pretty slick with the Silver Knight pommel, which does have the D-Ring if I remember right.

12W Champion Indigo 1 year 11 months ago #17274

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
Would still look pretty slick with the Silver Knight pommel, which does have the D-Ring if I remember right.
Heresy! The Archon is perfect just as it is! :P
Honestly, I like the hilt without the Covertech knob and think the hilt would look better with a D-ring.
I'm taking the covertech off and replacing it w/a low profile screw.

12W Champion Indigo 1 year 11 months ago #17295

• Jatne
  • Banned
h2soy wrote:
Honestly, I like the hilt without the Covertech knob and think the hilt would look better with a D-ring.
I'm taking the covertech off and replacing it w/a low profile screw.

I actually considered this when it didn't fit in my Force FX covertech belt clip, but I find the covertech system more functional than the D-ring and prefer to use it. So for mine I guess the answer is:
Heresy! The Archon is perfect just as it is! :P

12W Champion Indigo 1 year 11 months ago #17299

• Jatne
  • Banned
h2soy wrote:

The Archon is hands down my favorite SF design so far. How long is it from tip to tip?

I agree that the archon is my favorite SF original design so far, but I think I like the Redeemer/Obi Wan Ep III saber a little more, a great design and the lore connection as well. I will get you a measurement when I get home, though I do remember it being a little longer than I was expecting.

12W Champion Indigo 1 year 11 months ago #17300

• Jatne
  • Banned
Sparrowhawk wrote:
I love the Archon. Wish there were ASP options to make this. Honestly, I like the hilt without the Covertech knob and think the hilt would look better with a D-ring. Just my 2 cents.

The D ring in included as well, and I believe the covertech knob is easy enough to remove if you don't want it.

I believe converting it to ASP would be difficult to do without losing too much of what make the saber so special. For example I can see no place to separate switch section and emitter without damaging the aesthetic of the saber.

12W Champion Indigo 1 year 11 months ago #17324

• Jatne
  • Banned
The hilt is 14 inches long, 14.5 with the D ring extended.

12W Champion Indigo 1 year 11 months ago #17369

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
Thanks for the info! I have a display case that affords 16" of space so i was feeling a bit paranoid about it fitting.

12W Champion Indigo 1 year 7 months ago #31264

• SaintX
Dear god I want that Archon....I hope they bring it back or similar.

12W Champion Indigo 1 year 7 months ago #31271

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1167
It was so popular, I cannot imagine it will be gone for long.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

12W Champion Indigo 1 year 6 months ago #31423

• SaintX
Thank god...I would love one of these and then a custom revan for dual wielding lol
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Boston Comic Con (8 Posts)
    • I want to get my hands on a sith acolyte/eradicator robe, but the only ones I can find are 300...
    • Saber stories (6 Posts)
    • Lol thanks ovrcAHst and thanks for the advice for tyeth I will look into it
    • New Bane 2.0 pic (23 Posts)
    • I noticed those too. I'm looking forward to seeing some reviews of it when it's released.
    • Saber Forge Mystery Box S... (39 Posts)
    • If I buy a Mystery Box and it comes with a SaberCore 2.0, I certainly won't be disappointed. B)
    • New Bane 2.0 pic (23 Posts)
    • I'm a little apprehensive about all the pointy bits, hopefully someone actually held the prototype...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5465
  • Latest Member: AbramyserHicle
  • Total Posts: 57.5k
  • Total Topics: 4810
  • Total Sections: 23
  • Total Categories: 128
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 24
  • Yesterday Answer: 57