Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Archon.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: 12W Amber Champion Archon

12W Amber Champion Archon 1 year 10 months ago #19662

• Lord Callous
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not without mercy. Surrender and you may live."
  • Thank you received: 61
So, It's been almost a week since I received my Archon and Relic. I intentionally withheld the review for my Archon because honestly I felt indifferent with my first impression. Make no mistake, the saber is gorgeous and the craftsmanship is impeccable. But for whatever reason, I was not instantly connected to it like I was with my other sabers fresh out of the box.

However, something told me to give it some time and that my impression would change. Indeed that is the case. While I still favor the Bane and the Silver Knight, I am very pleased to have the Archon in my collection. As Jordan explains in his video review, it is an elegant hilt with painstaking detail. The symmetry is very appealing and I really like the different textures from the Dual Tones.

At first, the length of the hilt was very noticeable to my eye, though it is actually only 1.5" longer than the SK from emitter tip to Pommel D-ring connection. The edges could use some filing but I just slide on a pair a gloves and get to spinning!

I chose Amber for this Hilt because I saw the blade having more of a gold color as it's being wielded. I considered yellow, but in the end I truly saw more of a rich, darker yellow than is currently available. I felt that the Amber color most closely represents the fan film that plays in my mind.

8 / 10 - Overall it is a beautifully designed hilt. There are one or two blemishes on the emitter shroud and the edges are quite sharp but otherwise the Archon perfectly fits Obi-Wan's famous quote: "An elegant weapon..." You guys know the rest. :whistle:

Attachments:
"Destiny is a lie. Fate is the falsest of hopes. I am beyond prophecy. I forge my own path by making the difficult choices..."
The administrator has disabled public write access.

12W Amber Champion Archon 1 year 10 months ago #19664

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1167
I have had a sneaking admiration for this one since the first time I saw it. It is in my top 5 list, and at some point, it is just gonna happen.

I have also developed an admiration for amber LEDs of late, and your example just fed my desire to have one. Could be my future Archon, or another model on my list, but that too is gonna happen.

Wonderful saber, and great review. Congrats on this enviable addition to your collection!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

12W Amber Champion Archon 1 year 10 months ago #19666

• Lord Callous
  • Platinum Member
Thanks Brax!

I am a fan of the Amber LED. I will definitely use the color again. Unfortunately for this order (Relic and Archon) I missed the boat on the 12W+ Now I have the nagging question in the back of my mind: How much more awesome would these sabers look if they had the +!! Ugh! Very frustrating :angry:
"Destiny is a lie. Fate is the falsest of hopes. I am beyond prophecy. I forge my own path by making the difficult choices..."

12W Amber Champion Archon 1 year 9 months ago #21738

• KATZGATZ
what size blade is that?

12W Amber Champion Archon 1 year 9 months ago #22667

• Pegasus
  • Thank you received: 4
Wow that is gorgeous. Lol I'm straight dying here for a new sabre.8 :P
"Fear is not real. The only place that fear can exist is in our thoughts of the future. It is a product of our imagination."

12W Amber Champion Archon 1 year 9 months ago #22731

• Lord Callous
  • Platinum Member
KATZGATZ wrote:
what size blade is that?

That's a 32" blade.

12W Amber Champion Archon 1 year 9 months ago #22732

• Lord Callous
  • Platinum Member
Pegasus wrote:
Wow that is gorgeous. Lol I'm straight dying here for a new sabre.8 :P

Thank you!
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Boston Comic Con (8 Posts)
    • I want to get my hands on a sith acolyte/eradicator robe, but the only ones I can find are 300...
    • Saber stories (6 Posts)
    • Lol thanks ovrcAHst and thanks for the advice for tyeth I will look into it
    • New Bane 2.0 pic (23 Posts)
    • I noticed those too. I'm looking forward to seeing some reviews of it when it's released.
    • Saber Forge Mystery Box S... (39 Posts)
    • If I buy a Mystery Box and it comes with a SaberCore 2.0, I certainly won't be disappointed. B)
    • New Bane 2.0 pic (23 Posts)
    • I'm a little apprehensive about all the pointy bits, hopefully someone actually held the prototype...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5465
  • Latest Member: AbramyserHicle
  • Total Posts: 57.5k
  • Total Topics: 4810
  • Total Sections: 23
  • Total Categories: 128
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 24
  • Yesterday Answer: 57