Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: 2nd Finished ASP

2nd Finished ASP 1 year 3 months ago #68014

• Vechaljian
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 221
This has a bit of a story, I wasn't planning on a 3rd Asp(I'm still waiting on Hero electronics for my actual 2nd ASP).but on this one, on my first order they sent me half a redeemer Emitter, SF expedited the new one for me and sent me a new Emitter, But had the incomplete one left over, so it inspired me to make a redeemer offhand of sort. The Emitter had to be JB welded, Making the electronics fit was a nightmare, I ended up using a NB3 because of size restraints, but let me tell you this is short, @ 10.1 inches, but very comfortable.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2nd Finished ASP 1 year 3 months ago #68137

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Question....so did the grenade section (emitter adapter) screw all the way down on the Juggernaut switch section? I'm working on a similar build and I think I'm going to have to sand the threads on the switch section down so the grenade section will screw all the way down.

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

2nd Finished ASP 1 year 3 months ago #68167

• Vechaljian
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 221
I know exactly what your talking about, It would depend completely on which way you plan to face the switch section, so on the switch section there are two thread sides, a silver threaded side and a black threaded side, if you use the silver side towards the grenade emitter, its actually a threaded ring that has been glued into the switch section, so if you screw the grenade section onto until it stops and give it a little more effort it will screw the threaded ring further into the switch once the glue they used comes loose, and by effect will shorten the threads exposed on that side. the black threaded side is part of the switch body, so sanding would be required. One thing i'd like to note, is that once you actually move the threaded ring, is does not want to come off the grenade section( not a big deal unless you were gonna use the emitter on other bodies) and I would do this before doing any electronics. Here what the silver ring section looks like once its stuck on Grenade section.

Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Vechaljian. Reason: Adding picture
The following user(s) said Thank You: HotRod

2nd Finished ASP 1 year 3 months ago #68556

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Vechaljian wrote:
I know exactly what your talking about, It would depend completely on which way you plan to face the switch section, so on the switch section there are two thread sides, a silver threaded side and a black threaded side, if you use the silver side towards the grenade emitter, its actually a threaded ring that has been glued into the switch section, so if you screw the grenade section onto until it stops and give it a little more effort it will screw the threaded ring further into the switch once the glue they used comes loose, and by effect will shorten the threads exposed on that side. the black threaded side is part of the switch body, so sanding would be required. One thing i'd like to note, is that once you actually move the threaded ring, is does not want to come off the grenade section( not a big deal unless you were gonna use the emitter on other bodies) and I would do this before doing any electronics. Here what the silver ring section looks like once its stuck on Grenade section.

Thanks for the info! I was trying to switch out the grenade section in a PRE-ASP Exhalted and managed to do it, but just decided to use an o-ring. Sanding down the threads was a bit of a scary idea for me since I think you're supposed to put something on the threads to cover up the portion you don't want sanded down, then sand it down, then back the nut or whatever you used off the threads to "right" them again. Without something to screw down on the threads I was afraid I'd ruin them.

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• VV Blade Plugs Compatible... (7 Posts)
    • Quote: Wait.... Yep. :dry: It's what I've experienced and not just with VV Plugs into VV emitters but VV...
    • [FOR SALE] DOWNSIZING CLE... (13 Posts)
    • [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment]
    • VV Blade Plugs Compatible... (7 Posts)
    • Wait....so according to those numbers, their blade plug is a hair too big to fit into their own...
    • Another Star Wars Trilogy... (12 Posts)
    • I am very excited by this news! There's no singleplayer game I have completed more often than the...
    • Favorite Saberforge Saber... (19 Posts)
    • Without a doubt is my ASP Reborn saberstaff. Brass/Gold powdercoat ribbs, milled shine thru Reborn...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6547
  • Latest Member: sammy12369
  • Total Posts: 65.2k
  • Total Topics: 5521
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 137
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 26
  • Yesterday Answer: 43