Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New Staff Design

New Staff Design 1 month 1 week ago #69852

• SadiraOrphesu
  • Thank you received: 31
So it's finals week for me here so, of course, I've been procrastinating this past week :evil: :evil: and designed the next saber I'll definitely be getting. :cheer: I'll probably be ordering it in early January as an empty hilt because unfortunately money does not grow on trees and I am but a limited man but I certainly plan on putting the electronics in down the road in the following months. I posted a prototype design on the ASP saber design thread but now that I have a nailed down design and a plan to order it I figured I'd create a thread to share my design and my ordering process as I get to it.

It is going to be a darkside saberstaff/pair of sabers. The saber staff's name will be Battleaxe

and when they are separated in parts they are called Axe and Stinger.

I'm also considering getting an extra green LED so I can switch out stinger's and create a stinging venom staff out of my current green venom and stinger.

I'm so pumped for my first staff and first ASP saber I'll keep you posted once I get the order underway and of course when I receive this beautiful decimator.
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by SadiraOrphesu.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New Staff Design - Update 18 hours 49 minutes ago #71207

• SadiraOrphesu
Haha I only post when I'm procrastinating doing my school work. :lol: Alright guys the time is here, I've finally saved enough to buy my empty hilts and the order will be in by the end of the week. In the time since I originally posted I've been tweaking various aspects of the saber and ended up with different switch sections and I changed the emitter on stinger.

Final Parts List:
-Juggernaut Emitter
-Emitter 6
-Katana Switch Sections
-Jade Fire Bodies
-Gladius Pommels
-Coupler 3 for Staff Config.

I'm so excited to get my hands on these, I'll almost certainly do an unboxing/initial review and eventually a video when I install the electronics. Looking forward to sharing with you all!
Attachments:
Last Edit: 18 hours 44 minutes ago by SadiraOrphesu.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=, For Tyeth

New Staff Design 17 hours 2 minutes ago #71216

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 482
Gotta say pretty sweet designs you came up with Sadira. I'm wondering about the transition of the switch to emitter and body being a little abrupt. You mentioned tweeking the design, specifically the switch. Maybe the Epoch switch would streamline that some, eliminating potential grip grind whilst wielding these hilts Just my 2 cents and only a question, not trying to be critical.

All dual tone parts, or have you ruled out any different finishes. Again just asking,,, :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: SadiraOrphesu

New Staff Design 14 minutes ago #71245

• SadiraOrphesu
Hmm thats ineresting. I chose the Katana cause I liked the rings and they went with the styling of the original reliant emitter I chose until I switched it to Emitter 06 (also it saves me 10 bucks overall lol) but with the Epoch switch its does give that more gradual transition from switch to body and emitter without sacrificing the style I liked so it might be worth it. I'm definitely not worried about Stinger's grip with the Katana switch cause it has a clear grip point above but I was a little worried about grip grind on the Juggernaut Emitter end. I am definitely sticking with dual tone cause that is just my personal taste, the all black and the all silver didn't look quite right and the v2 just doesn't look as nice as the clean black axe head IMO. Plus my plan is to use a Dremmel to sand down the blade edge of the axe to give it a more worn look and I want the solid black in the center to make the weathers edge pop.
Last Edit: 13 minutes ago by SadiraOrphesu.

Member Login

Latest Posts

• New Staff Design (4 Posts)
    • Hmm thats ineresting. I chose the Katana cause I liked the rings and they went with the styling of...
    • LED flicker on full charg... (4 Posts)
    • No it's just a Champion tier one. I've never tried to alter any electronics inside of it. It's weird...
    • Need advice on a red. (4 Posts)
    • The deep red is very nice--for me personally its the best red color that matches the movies, I...
    • Graflex (7 Posts)
    • If you go with the red button activation, the 1" adapter will make your life waaayyy easier, I...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4429
  • Latest Member: Albertdus
  • Total Posts: 51.2k
  • Total Topics: 3978
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 112
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 2
  • Today Answer: 31
  • Yesterday Answer: 38