Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hilt Design Gallery

Hilt Design Gallery 9 months 1 week ago #71895

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 373
Lovely new designs everyone! Scepters... scepters EVERYWHERE! If I posted even half of what I've messed with in the builder this thread would probably be up to 60 pages by now, lol.

I just saw those scepters on the Customs FB page today; would be lovely if those three could be added to the main site (if not specifically those finishes, or the lanyard). Sturdy crystal reveal duelers are quite awesome looking. I was a little sad when I read the post that they've closed complete custom builds for a while... I was about to blow the last of my Christmas bonus but I guess I'll be like wamphyri and wait for tax return instead!

I think my next order is going to be a custom job on Will be a while before ordering this, lol

Here's what I like to call the "Pit Viper" staff:
Viper Emitter
04 Body
Sorcerer Switch
Lime Green LED

Basically, what's silver I want black and what's black I want to make gold (24k leaf) brass anodized. Top it off with a legacy weathered shattered finish. Really not a fan of the standard black weathering (I do like the light gray they used to do)... I'd probably do my own to be more "scuffed and battered" than concentric circles.

Not sure which pommel yet for when they're separate (maybe Relic?), and going to do the Short Staff Coupler in black.
Last Edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by KelbornX.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Hilt Design Gallery 9 months 1 week ago #71896

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 535
KelbornX sounds like you have something to contribute. By all means,if you think there're worthy, lets see them. May inspire someone or give them a different perspective. Curious if you've gone through and viewed every saber in this thread? There's some really great designs posted.
Last Edit: 9 months 1 week ago by =Ottomatix=.

Hilt Design Gallery 9 months 1 week ago #71897

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
I've only really gone through the first few pages and the last few before I started posting (on page 48). I probably will go through the whole thing at some point. Most of what I design ends up being either quite similar to each other (just a different switch or pommel) or I suddenly get a different idea and scrap what was up with barely a thought lol.

Hilt Design Gallery 9 months 1 week ago #71903

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1680
=Ottomatix= wrote:
There's some really great designs posted.

Extra Super Green! :whistle:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=

Hilt Design Gallery 9 months 1 week ago #71907

• E Bolton
  • Thank you received: 10
For Tyeth wrote:
@ E. Bolton: I personally really like Dissident II, the silver accents work great like =Ottomatix='s staff. Is it designed as a shoto?
I don't think that was in the back of my mind originally - I was just toying with different parts that I really liked - but after stepping back, it does feel compact. So, if that's how it wants to take shape, I won't complain.

=Ottomatix= wrote:
By all means,if you think there're worthy, lets see them. May inspire someone or give them a different perspective. Curious if you've gone through and viewed every saber in this thread? There's some really great designs posted.
Very much agreed. I find myself coming here for inspiration quite often. It's led to some of my favorite designs and a few that I may put some money into in the near future.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

Hilt Design Gallery 9 months 1 week ago #71908

• Dav Yeager
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 129
For Tyeth wrote:
Hi all,

On behalf of Dav Yeager, I am posting these couple of pics of his latest design. Again Dav let me know if you want any changes to it ok!

Hope they're ok.
For Tyeth

Looks great I think I might go dark side with my next saber :)
The light shall burn away the darkness
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth, RotundChap

Hilt Design Gallery 9 months 1 week ago #71909

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
Here's a few I had the builder link saved for:

This one is my idea of a "Light-foil", more of the thrusting saber than a slashing one. In my PMs with JediRabbi he mentioned he was a professional fencer and that got me on this train of thought.

Rebel Emitter, Fallen Switch, Reliant Body (brown leather), ASP 02 Pommel, all silver finish

And a some random designs. One thing I like to do is keep design elements similar - rings on body means rings on emitter, flared emitter with a flared pommel, matching lines as best I can, etc etc. I'm not a fan of control boxes or greeblies, if you couldn't tell lol. Or "chunky" sabers from parts with different ODs (unless it's acting as a hand stop or choke).

02 Emitter, 07 Switch, 10 Body, Mauler Pommel

08 Emitter with Think Neck Adapter 02, Venom Switch, Venom Body, Jade Pommel

06 Emitter, 04 Switch, 03 Body, 08 Pommel

Mauler Emitter, Dissident Switch, Fury Body, Graflex Pommel

And a couple of staffs:

01 Emitter, Epoch Switch, 02 Body

Sinister Emitter, Resilient Switch (silver), Dissident Body (black leather)

Here's my attempt at an original scepter. Would be nice if the builder let you put couplers wherever, should be one between the spear extension and the switch.

Redeemer Emitter, Gladius Switch, some coupler, Spear Extension (bronze stingray), 01 Pommel
Last Edit: 9 months 1 week ago by KelbornX.

Hilt Design Gallery 9 months 1 week ago #71910

• E Bolton
  • Thank you received: 10
Very nice designs KellbornX. I appreciate how you aim for those similar design elements. It adds a kind of continuity and consistency that makes them feel... believable. There's probably a better word than that. But you know what I mean? It's very intentional.

Hilt Design Gallery 9 months 1 week ago #71912

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
Cursed be the ground for our sake,
Both thorns and thistle
IIt shall bring forth for us.
For out of the ground we were taken
For the dust we are and to the dust shall we return.

OvrcAHst definitely one of my favorite conceptions, certainly right up there with

Speaking of inspiration from others, back on page 44,or so. For Tyeth designed a staff call the DAMERON. That gave me the idea for this

Rebel Alliance, form the original ASP designer, before the changes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

Hilt Design Gallery 9 months 1 week ago #71913

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
KelbornX I can assure you there is some form of trickery, but it can be done.

B) :whistle:

Hilt Design Gallery 9 months 1 week ago #71914

• Heliolord
  • Thank you received: 13
I really like your first and 3rd ones, Kelborn. I like the foil design and I'm hoping eventually they roll out an emitter or something that involves a reverse parabolic dish like on foils, or something like a rapiers guard. And a curved body. But yours is very nice. Especially with the leather.

I agree with you about maintaining a consistent design theme like with rings. Your 3rd looks like the first iteration I had planned for my ASP saber, as I'd tried to keep consistency with the adapter and body. But I switched from a Venom shaped body/adapter to the rings of the shortest thin neck adapter and the 03 body for my final build. Now I can't wait for it to get here.

Hilt Design Gallery 9 months 1 week ago #71919

• Bet3d
  • Thank you received: 4
Really liking some of the designs based on the Kanan Rebels saber. After finding the ASP builder decided to play about and seriously considering building something along these lines:

Parts: Pommel 10, Avenger Body, Exile Switch, Rebel Emitter, Led 12W+ . Deep Blue
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=, RotundChap

Hilt Design Gallery 9 months 1 week ago #71924

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
@E Bolton - Thanks for the feedback! I know exactly what you mean.

@Heliolord - That looks like a cool build! The 03 Body matches the Thin Neck Adapter 01 nicely. I feel you on wanting a more "rapier guard" emitter... that'd be nice if they added one just as a coupler so you could put it on any saber.

@=Otto= You fiddled with the code in the url didn't you? I just tried playing with that and came up with this one:

Reliant Emitter, Coupler 3, Jugg Body, Sorc switch, Jugg Body, 02 Pommel

Some more from build links I had saved -

A pair of alternative Sinisters (sini-sisters?):

Sinister Emitter, Fallen Switch, Epoch Body, 03 Pommel

Sinister Emitter, 09 Switch, 06 Body, 02 Pommel

My version of the Katana, since I hate the switch section on the Elite version:

Katana 5C Emitter, 09 Switch, Katana 5 Body, 10 Pommel

An early look of my ASP Dark Crusader, closer to the final than what I posted on pg48:

Dissident Emitter, 10 Switch, 06 Body, Coupler 4, Graflex Pommel

A Graflex adaptation:

Graflex Emitter, Jugg switch, Epoch Body, Epoch Pommel

Two kind of tantos using the 07 Emitter:

07 Emitter, 09 Switch (black), Katana 4 Body (black), Mauler Pommel

07 Emitter, Fallen Switch, 10 Body, Graflex Pommel (all black)
Last Edit: 9 months 1 week ago by KelbornX.

Hilt Design Gallery 9 months 1 week ago #71929

• Heliolord
I really like that last one. I like the 07 emitter a lot. And the 10 body and graflex pommel give it a very pragmatic, utilitarian look. And the switch fits in seamlessly.

I want to make my second Saber incorporate the 07 emitter somehow. At first I was thinking a light side blue saber using the 06 (I think) body. But now I'm leaning towards making it dark side and seeing if I can drill holes in the 07s struts to add in juggernaut and viper claws. I may have to ask around to see if that's advisable.

Hilt Design Gallery 9 months 1 week ago #71947

• Heliolord
I present my idea for a Sith saber, wielded by an ancient Sith, Darth Entropius: Entropy's Hand

Now this isn't a complete design here, as I'd do/have someone do some customization on it. I dont have access to much in the way of picture editing software here on my phone, so I'll have to explain it. To explain it like Bob Ross, a true Sith Lord hiding in plain sight if there ever was one:

Now, let's start off with a nice shattered weathered finish. Give it a good aged look. Then, let's add a couple big old juggernaut blades to two opposing struts on the emitter. Now let's put in some little viper blades on the other four struts. Now we start giving these nice little claws some damage detail. Let's partially break one viper claw like it was cut off in a dual. Take a big ol' chunk out of a juggernaut blade to make it look like it clashed with another lightsaber. And put a big ol' divot in the other juggernaut blade to look like blaster scoring. Add a little carbon scoring here and there. And maybe a damaged reveal crystal chamber. And viola, Entropy's Hand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=

Hilt Design Gallery 9 months 1 week ago #71962

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
@Bet3d Nice design, sweet look in all dual tone. The Rebel emitter is a Amazing emitter. KUDOS SF !!

@Heliolord tough to make Body#5 work, you've succeeded. You customization idea is FAN-DAZZLE!!

@KelbornX quality designs. The second to last one, nice little backup saber. As for the trick there's no tweaking the code in the url. Just a simple over stack and remove.

add a coupler to the 1st switch, then add a 2nd switch to that.

then add your extension, then remove the 2nd switch.

VIOLA
This technique can be utilized in many differnet configurations. Enjoy MTFBWY

Hilt Design Gallery 9 months 1 week ago #71979

• Heliolord
@Ottomatix Ah, now I can finally finagle with them and move stuff around in the editor properly. Put my box switch at the bottom to act as part of the pommel. And bam: Echelon

Simple, utilitarian, and designed as a light offhand saber.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=, E Bolton

Hilt Design Gallery 9 months 6 days ago #72089

• Roger Redux
  • Premium Member
  • There is no Ignorance - There is Knowledge, There is no Fear - There is Power, I am the Heart of The Force, I am the revealing fire of Light, I am the Mystery of Darkness, *
  • Thank you received: 44
I felt inspired to play around with the Sinister Prophecy and Vigilant emitters. here are the results, I don't have names for any of them:

That last one I had to edit in GIMP, because the stupid builder would only put the coupler on base of the saber. So I build it backwards, flip the body, rotate the thing around, take it apart, put the pommel on the body, flip that back around, and then try to match the orientation so I could line the two up. It took me way longer than it probably should have, and was more than a little frustrating (mostly because I expected it to be more straightforward than it turned out to be).
* In Balance with Chaos and Harmony, Immortal in The Force

Hilt Design Gallery 9 months 6 days ago #72090

• Roger Redux
  • Premium Member
  • There is no Ignorance - There is Knowledge, There is no Fear - There is Power, I am the Heart of The Force, I am the revealing fire of Light, I am the Mystery of Darkness, *
  • Thank you received: 44
Part 2:

* In Balance with Chaos and Harmony, Immortal in The Force

Hilt Design Gallery 9 months 6 days ago #72093

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1680
Liking me a build using Vigilant Emitter ;)
If your last one was this... don't need GIMP..

... personally, I'd swap in Body6 as it provides a similar aesthetic but primarily because the body shroud can be removed producing an alternate looking Saber. ;)
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Chrome Bane Mk2 (2 Posts)
    • Your poll seems to be broken. It's just showing me results. As for the black and chrome Bane, I'd...
    • New Star Wars Trilogy Com... (7 Posts)
    • Episode IX may indeed end the Skywalker saga. Because, remember, Kylo Ren is a Skywalker. He's...
    • Chrome Bane Mk2 (2 Posts)
    • So Brax just leaked a sneak peak at his new amazing chromed Bane Mk2, inscribed with the sith creed:...
    • New Star Wars Trilogy Com... (7 Posts)
    • Quote: It's gotta be Old Republic for Sith and Jedi mass combat. The Skywalker saga is worn out. Maybe even...
    • A Preview (6 Posts)
    • Quote: Oh my, where is my bib when I need it Re: the bane mk2 Is this a custom shop job? How would one...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5950
  • Latest Member: Jessedaync
  • Total Posts: 61.4k
  • Total Topics: 5120
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 9
  • Yesterday Answer: 24