Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Themed Sabers

Themed Sabers 10 months 3 days ago #56192

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1542
Thank You For Tyeth with your Katana Series. Hilt aesthetics are quite remarkable. Looking forward to the remainder of the Collection.

This is the last Character of the Primary Five Bronze Saints of Saint Seiya.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Themed Sabers 10 months 3 days ago #56226

• Kered
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 114
OvrcAHst wrote:
Thank You For Tyeth with your Katana Series. Hilt aesthetics are quite remarkable. Looking forward to the remainder of the Collection.

This is the last Character of the Primary Five Bronze Saints of Saint Seiya.

I don't have one to add but have a request if anyone takes them I'd like to see DBZ themed saber like one for the cell games like one for gohan and one for cell I just have a feeling one of y'all could make an amazing looking saber and if you make a gohan one and if it's really awesome I'll make it my first asp saber after it goes public that one (I'd love to see your ideas on this if anyone's willing)
The force is strong in this one.but the dark side is always there

Themed Sabers 10 months 3 days ago #56238

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 721
Hi Everyone, Kered,

Ask and ye shall receive, I hope! I saw your request and back in the history of this thread I had already made a DragonBall Z themed Saber. So I have adapted that design slightly for you to have a look at.

Here is the first
DragonBall Y:

Then I combined two to build,
DragonStaff Y:

But the one I feel you will be most interested in is
DBZ CELL:

If any of these do interest you let me know and I will do a full post on whichever ones you like, ok.

kind regards,

For Tyeth
Last Edit: 10 months 2 days ago by For Tyeth. Reason: Added picture
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kered, Eddlyss64

Themed Sabers 10 months 2 days ago #56247

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Hi Everyone,

As I am here and it's been 24hrs since I posted Katana : DARK POWER, I had best upload the third version. This time it is called...

Katana : LIGHT POWER

There we go, that was number three and as you will have worked out I have the final weathered version which I will post tomorrow. After this series ends I have EIGHT more designs including a collection for a Jedi Master(?) and a set for some well known Clones.
Thanks for checking these out,

For Tyeth

Themed Sabers 10 months 2 days ago #56288

• OvrcAHst
Kered,
I don't have one to add but have a request if anyone takes them I'd like to see DBZ themed saber like one for the cell games like one for gohan and one for cell I just have a feeling one of y'all could make an amazing looking saber and if you make a gohan one and if it's really awesome I'll make it my first asp saber after it goes public that one (I'd love to see your ideas on this if anyone's willing)
Not going to lie, this was challenging. Way more so than composing my entry to your Wait Poem Thread. 40th (as he referenced) shared a DBZ Themed Design (alternate to DragonBall Y) a little while back Here2.

I had thought about using the Clawed-Emitters: Sorcerer, Viper, Venom but IMO they detract from nature of Saiyans (even when SS) other than resembling the characteristic of their spiked hair. The sinister energy of Clawed-Emitters didn't really work either for the 'Raging-Machine' known as the Legendary SS, Broly. So I did a different interpretation.

With 'Perfect' Cell, I even entertained Emitter10 to represent his wide gaping mouth as he got the #18 kicked out of him ;) but I went a different direction with that too. I did though strongly believe that SinisterProphecy Pommel perfectly depicted his Stinger that was used in later parts of DBZ to gain his ultimate form.

Son Gohan.

Claiming notoriety as the first of the Saiyan Race (regardless of half-breed) to ascend successfully to SS2. Emerging from the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, he and Goku decided to remain in SS1 Form to develop improved management and sustained state. The Golden hair during this phase transitioned to a more Frost-Yellow rather than the known Golden-Yellow. The FallenEmitter's Silver and accenting Brass band represents this. Exile switch represents both Gohan's weighted-Piccolo shoulder Garb as well as the Traditional white Garb modelled after Grandpa Gohan. The Purple Wrap, consistent to Piccolo's Garb also.

Fast forward to Cell Games and when the other Z Fighters are getting served by the 7 Cell Jrs, the Exile Red Buttons represents Gohan's emotional Buttons and the Red streak that tilt's his Rage as Cell crushes #16's Head. The transformation that followed lasted seconds (or in DBZ Universe, 3 Chapters ;) )

Why such a long-winded backstory you ask? It's to appease any potential concluding comments claiming not knowing to what is referenced.
Perfect Cell

The following user(s) said Thank You: Eddlyss64

Themed Sabers 10 months 2 days ago #56289

• OvrcAHst
'Perfect Cell' will be impractical to actually build as I used 2 Switch Sections, but I included it for fun.

Now with Gohan, whilst it may work as presented before, as an actual Hilt I favour the following re-animating with the Black Finishes. Whilst consistent to his SS2 Form during Cell Games, Colour Scheme as Hilt Finish is more representative of World Martial Arts Tournament- Bojack Hijack. The latter images represent more of the Rage and Anger with disappointing Goku.

Hope this satisfies the Brief. ;)
Last Edit: 10 months 2 days ago by OvrcAHst.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kered

Themed Sabers 10 months 2 days ago #56319

• Kered
  • Elite Member
Wow I knew you guys would deliver such awesome designs I'm really liking the son gohan thank you I've taken a few screen shots and will be looking closer at it OvrcAHst it's really awesome thank you that perfect cell is very cool
For Tyeth the dragon ball staff is a thing of beauty so now I must study them both and began the save of cash so when it is able to buy I can I'll let your own which one I pick cause it's gonna be a hard choice
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Themed Sabers 10 months 2 days ago #56330

• OvrcAHst
Thanks Kered. :lol: The more I look at the preferred Black Finished version I am reminded more of a resemblance to a Mr Popo Saber instead.

Themed Sabers 10 months 2 days ago #56332

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Hi Everyone,

After such "Glowing" praise for OvrcAHst and myself I feel I should post the last version of my Katana : POWER series Saber.

If you have been following you will know that this is the weathered variant, I call it...

Katana : STORM POWER:

This concludes Katana : POWER. It is possible to exchange the emitter to use the two other design Tsuba guards so you can have a total of 12 variations, but as they would be similar I didn't post all of them!
My next two series are based on "Cloning". Thanks for the kind words and for checking out these designs.

This thread has also achieved 10,000 views and is now in the 10K Club, CONGRATULATIONS and thanks to ALL contributors!

For Tyeth

Themed Sabers 10 months 1 day ago #56436

• OvrcAHst
With my imagination going off on a tangent from some recent reading, just going to call this Truxeon. When the physical strength of a Master combines with the spiritual strength of an unconscious Padawan, Forces combined and Abilities multiplied, the destruction may be brutal.

Themed Sabers 10 months 1 day ago #56437

• Kered
  • Elite Member
What a nice saber a great name too if I do say so myself B)

Themed Sabers 10 months 1 day ago #56438

• OvrcAHst
:lol: Took a break from my emails and played with ASP Builder. It was fresh on my mind so I thought, Why not. Am toying with an idea for The Hateful 8 also, just deciding if I'm going to play with 8 different ones or just the 1 Design multiplied by 8 as a Standard Issue. :P

Themed Sabers 10 months 1 day ago #56440

• Kered
  • Elite Member
That made me think of the same parts just mixed around to make eight different looking sabers interesting very interesting :whistle:

Themed Sabers 10 months 1 day ago #56451

• OvrcAHst
So before reading Ch5 Pt2 I came up with the following and afterwards remain unsure if the interpretation will have any association. Moving on, starting with the Hateful 8 Alpha and the Entourage 7, H81-8.

Themed Sabers 10 months 1 day ago #56455

• OvrcAHst

I only ever have just the one visualisation when imagining multiple Sith emerging from darkened shadows as they step forth with consecutive illuminating Red Blades with malevolent ignition.

Themed Sabers 10 months 1 day ago #56460

• Kered
  • Elite Member
Yep nice sabers you created there not to flashy. That gfi is quite eerie too

Themed Sabers 10 months 1 day ago #56482

• GaleForceEight
  • Thank you received: 18
Kered wrote:
Yep nice sabers you created there not to flashy. That gfi is quite eerie too

I see that gif and it might just be my warped sense of humour but I see them about to crack into a song and dance routine....

To that effect, play this link below then scroll back up to watch the gif while it plays through.

Any idiot can squeeze a trigger....
It takes a special kind of idiot to use a saber.
Last Edit: 10 months 22 hours ago by GaleForceEight.

Themed Sabers 10 months 19 hours ago #56509

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Hi Everyone,

Blinky Blimey Major Sahb, The boys to entertain you have taken over!
All of those red sabers makes me think there may be some duplicates, clones.....Ah yes I mentioned Clones earlier.
I guess I had best post my next saber.

I had the idea "What if Luke still has his Hero Saber (Prodigal Son)? Would he have made any modifications due to the events that have (or will) taken place?" I thought let's see what that might look like. Luke was in search of an old Jedi structure which lead him to his Island retreat, he was searching for a Jedi....TEMPLE!

Prodigal Son :TEMPLE:

This is the first of a series of four versions, one of which will be the result of "CLONING"!
Thanks for looking in...

For Tyeth

Themed Sabers 10 months 17 hours ago #56524

• OvrcAHst
GaleForceEight wrote:
I see that gif and it might just be my warped sense of humour but I see them about to crack into a song and dance routine....
:lol: Star Wars The Musical Love it! I can almost imagine you sitting in the front row during a private rehearsal directing (with enthusiastic jazz hands) and singing along "B-O, B-O-Y-S".

Themed Sabers 10 months 15 hours ago #56547

• raphos
  • Thank you received: 39
OvrcAHst wrote:
GaleForceEight wrote:Star Wars The Musical Love it! I can almost imagine you sitting in the front row during a private rehearsal directing (with enthusiastic jazz hands) and singing along "B-O, B-O-Y-S".

If there ever is a Star Wars Musical, I really hope the following song is in it:

There is no Light Side, nor Dark Side. There is only the Force. That being said... don't be a jerk.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Payment types? (2 Posts)
    • Apparently they don't accept Paypal I asked CS a while ago which payment options they accepted. They...
    • New and Upcoming from Phi... (16 Posts)
    • Quote: Guess I need to clear my schedule then.... :P :lol: You mean it's not already cleared for the 4...
    • Quote: SWEET! I will definitely be getting an Aeon. Prodigy looks great too. I'd have to see some...
    • TFA Graflex 2.1 WIP (6 Posts)
    • No, this one's not for me. The modified US is sitting in pieces for me to tackle after this wraps...
    • That Renegade... Might have to do that in the future. After my first ASP

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4709
  • Latest Member: Rebzyawag
  • Total Posts: 53.7k
  • Total Topics: 4311
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 114
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 7
  • Today Answer: 30