Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: An ASP for Sabretooth from Xmen....GO!

An ASP for Sabretooth from Xmen....GO! 1 year 5 months ago #31703

• DarthTtocs
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 34
Im looking at designing an ASP blade for my Sabretooth darl Jedi idea. He will be garbed in dark browns, blacks and tans. Including a sleeveless cloak with hood, sleeveless tunic and hakama style pants or perhaps ninja style pants with tabi boots?

Anyway, for a saber Im thinking a long hilt with one or two yari extensions for he can really throw his power on with perhaps a blood orange blade.

Please give me your ideas on how to make an ASP saber look like its a park of our Primal, self serving and totally psychopathic Mr Creed.

Thanks
The wounded Jedi looks up at the massive man wielding a 6' long light saber! The last words the Jedi hears is "Yes, I am Sith, and oh, so much more"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

An ASP for Sabretooth from Xmen....GO! 1 year 5 months ago #31712

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 560
I'd probably roll with an emitter that gives a clawed feel, like Fury, Reborn, Venom or Sinister Prophecy. One of the Emitter 8's would be tempting, with some custom work to make the emitter tips look a little pointed, but I wouldn't go with it because of the thin neck design.

Lots of options for rugged looking switches and bodies.

And then a mean looking pommel like 6, Juggernaut, Reliant or Relic.

A wrap also seems appropriate, but I'd probably only do it on half, try it make it look just finished enough to be functional.

I did this one up with Fury, Switch 7, two Body 7s and Pommel 6. Felt like it took on kind of a "spine" look.
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Borommakot.

An ASP for Sabretooth from Xmen....GO! 1 year 5 months ago #31714

• DarthTtocs
  • Elite Member
very interesting build for sure!
The wounded Jedi looks up at the massive man wielding a 6' long light saber! The last words the Jedi hears is "Yes, I am Sith, and oh, so much more"

An ASP for Sabretooth from Xmen....GO! 1 year 5 months ago #31776

• DarthTtocs
  • Elite Member
I never thought of using two bodies rather than a pike extension.

An ASP for Sabretooth from Xmen....GO! 1 year 5 months ago #31780

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
I like the idea of two bodies because it just brings in that much more fun texture. The extensions are limited to wraps, or bare, unadorned metal, which isn't bad (actually, if you're feeling it, you could go that route, and then using acid/saltwater etching to make Sabertooth esque designs that he might have etched with his claws).
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Borommakot.

An ASP for Sabretooth from Xmen....GO! 1 year 5 months ago #33852

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
I thought you had more replies on this...well, here's another one, a little simpler than the last. It bothers me how much slimmer the extensions are than all the regular bodies.

http://www.saberparts.com/#/configure?code=4.167.2.0-3.88.2.26-9.156.2.0-7.152.15.0-3.88.2.26-2.56.4.0-1.43.2.0-7.152.16.0-6.150.4.0-5.144.0.0

An ASP for Sabretooth from Xmen....GO! 1 year 5 months ago #33854

• DarthTtocs
  • Elite Member
very nice saber. It looks similar to my last design. Using two bodies is an interesting idea.

Adaptive Saber Parts
http://www.saberparts.com/#/configure?code=4.167.2.0-10.164.2.22-3.88.2.22-2.75.2.0-1.43.2.0-7.152.18.0-5.144.0.0

Parts
ASP . Relic Pommel . Weathered
ASP . Staff Extension 1W . Weathered . Bronze Stingray
ASP . Dissident Body . Weathered . Bronze Stingray
ASP . Venom Switch . Weathered
ASP . Venom Emitter . Weathered
ASP . Led 12W+ . Blood Orange
ASP . Blade 37'' . null

An ASP for Sabretooth from Xmen....GO! 1 year 5 months ago #33855

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
I think the only problem with using two bodies is that a second body is probably going to cost more than an extension. Your design looks great, though! D'you think it's what you'll end up with?

An ASP for Sabretooth from Xmen....GO! 1 year 5 months ago #33878

• DarthTtocs
  • Elite Member
I think so.

Im leaning towards black ninja type pants. black sleeveless tunic, brown sleeveless robe with hood, a brown obi, black belt, black boots and brown wrappings on the forearms and hands and on my boots.

A mix of black and brown should carry the Sith theme as well as Sabretooth as well. Im also thinking of some Black fur accents on the robe but I havent quite decided yet.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Korbanth OWK-This weapon ... (7 Posts)
    • I have to agree with you, but this was done right, all I've ever seen before we're just too big,...
    • Wasn't a fan of that style of hilt before, but the finish on that one is fantastic! I'll have to add...
    • [attachment] SD card access, have to pull out a little further, left enough slack on switch/led to allow...
    • Okay well after the Chassis is done, it goes together super duper fast... Specs are NBv4, 20mm veco...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5282
  • Latest Member: BratikMa
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4702
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 3
  • Yesterday Answer: 5