Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: My ASP Dissident Fury!

My ASP Dissident Fury! 1 year 8 months ago #44476

• blinky2lame
  • Thank you received: 17
It's here! It's finally here!

First of all I would like to tank Phil and the entire Saberforge team, new and old! I was so excited to be a part of the original Kickstarter campaign for ASP, I think this a great idea/system and I cant wait to purchase the electronics and more parts once this whole thing goes live.

Second I would like to toot my own horn for a second and say I was 100% patient with this entire process. I look at all these comments and complaints on the campaign site and I wonder how people get through life, honestly. Not a single comment came from my direction about the amount of time this was taking, or the apparent lack of communication on Phil, or anyone's part. I feel that this was an acceptable amount of wait time, given the multitude of varying circumstances involved. I also feel that Phil and company gave updates where they were needed, and that anything more would have just made the wait seem loner and more frustrating. Sorry, had to get that out finally.

Now then, my ASP hilt! I went into this knowing exactly what I wanted; a companion piece to my weathered, reptile wrapped Disciple. I had only really had my disciple maybe six months before this campaign appeared, so I was pretty set on something similar but complimenting. I decided to go with something with the same wrap and with the Fury emitter, as I was pretty sure that emitter inspired the look of the acolyte and disciple saber emitters.

so my prat list is as follows:

ASP . Pommel 3 . Weathered
ASP . Dissident Body . Weathered . Black Reptile
ASP . Fury Switch . Weathered
ASP . Fury Emitter . Weathered
ASP . Blade Plug 4 . Black

with the stretch goals I could get either an extra part, which I believe were limited to pummels, or a blade. I figured a blade would be best, that way I would only have to purchase the sound board and LED once ASP went live.

The toblerone of joy showed up today, and I was a little nervous. After opening her up though, I realized there was nothing to be nervous about! Everything came assembled, which I would think was an obvious choice by the SF team, to limit any damages during shipping. Some people seem to think they should be shipping each part wrapped separately, but I'm fine with this. They shipped one of the little plastic fake buttons separately, obviously so I can easily install ASP electronics when I see fit, without having to poke that button out. And of course they sent me an allan key for tightening/loosening the retention screw.

All the parts are machined with the usual quality we've come to expect from SF. There are a couple small notches on the switch section. I wouldn't call them dings or scratches, as they are fairly even and symmetrical on both sides of the part. They're probably just where the part was held during its weathering process. between the emitter and the switch sections there are to little metal rings. these seem to be there to ensure that everything lines up the way I want/the way it looks best.

This thing is the perfect companion piece to my Disciple! It's amazing how good they look as a set, I'm still very much in awe of how well this worked out. Of course my disciple now becomes a shoto and the Dissident Fury, as I've come to call it, becomes my main hilt. Anyway, thank you for reading my little review, enjoy the pics!

UPDATE: the ASP builder has some of the lengths of the parts in this build wrong, I haven't measured each part, but the site says this hilt should be 1' 3.5" and I'm measuring it at 1'2". that's a good inch and half in difference. Just a heads up to anyone that is determining a purchase based partially on the length of their build.

Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by blinky2lame. Reason: updated info about hilt being reviewed
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ramaloke, Jaden Korr, Afadir, =Ottomatix=, For Tyeth, Borommakot, Arsen Hauer, Eddlyss64, MommyHoldMe, Seraphyn303, Prowl, Darth Reyor, schmots

My ASP Dissident Fury! 1 year 8 months ago #44481

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 569
You're the first! Congratulations! It really does look great! Nice choices!

My ASP Dissident Fury! 1 year 8 months ago #44485

• MrSynergy
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 31
Beautiful saber! Glad to see these finally rolling in!

My ASP Dissident Fury! 1 year 8 months ago #44486

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 207
DOOOOOOOOD, congratulations on being the first official SF Forum Member to post in the ASP review section!
B) *Rave music, dank memes and airhorns start littering the screen*

As for the saber, looks darned good! Fantastic counterpart to the Disciple! Congrats again, friend, and don't be a stranger here!

Emerald Knight, Chosen, Dark Paladin, Sentinel

My ASP Dissident Fury! 1 year 8 months ago #44487

• Ramaloke
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 33
First and foremost: Thank you Blinky for the great post and pictures. I hope others follow suit as their ASPs arrive.

Secondly: I hope you truly enjoy it. I agree it looks like the perfect piece to your Disciple.

Third: I am especially glad to hear the quality on the ASP is maintained as with the original sabers. There have been a lot of complaints about the wait and I am over joyed to hear the pressure has not influenced SF's determination to make the best sabers possible.

Thanks again!

My ASP Dissident Fury! 1 year 8 months ago #44488

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 952
Hi Blinky2lame,

"THUD"

Sorry that was my jaw hitting the floor! Absolutely awesome man. A perfect match up with the Disciple.
Enjoy your new pride and joy.

kind regards,

For Tyeth

My ASP Dissident Fury! 1 year 8 months ago #44512

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 382
That IS a nice companion to your Disciple, very cool!

My ASP Dissident Fury! 1 year 8 months ago #44525

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 540
OUTSTANDING.... :cheer:

My ASP Dissident Fury! 1 year 8 months ago #44527

• BoostinIX
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 201
Noms. Do like.

My ASP Dissident Fury! 1 year 8 months ago #44553

• blinky2lame
Thanks everybody! I'll be sure to post a bunch of pics when I manage to get some light in this baby. gonna be a while though til ASP goes public. Back to patiently waiting I suppose

My ASP Dissident Fury! 1 year 8 months ago #44564

• Arsen Hauer
  • Thank you received: 19
Nice design! Looks like a fantastic duel-worthy Saber. Congrats!
No matter what happens now, you shouldn't be afraid. Because I know today has been the most perfect day I've ever seen.

My ASP Dissident Fury! 1 year 8 months ago #44587

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1702
blinky2lame, phenomenal match up pairing those two together. Very Noice.

My ASP Dissident Fury! 1 year 8 months ago #44590

• CallMeMistaJ
  • Premium Member
  • "So... Malak was the original meatbag? I like that idea." ―Revan, to HK-47, after recovering his memory
  • Thank you received: 49
HOLY CRAP

That is a freaking awesome saber! Its like a big brother to the disciple! Really nice saber there my friend.
Own
-Champ 12+ watt Phoenix

Want
-Monarch
-Sinister Prophecy
-Oracle

My ASP Dissident Fury! 1 year 8 months ago #44594

• Artair
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 75
First thanks for the great review it makes me feel much less uneasy while I wait for mine.
The design you have came out great and paired with your disciple it really looks even better.

I'm so happy to hear the standards are up to par. My only concern remaining is how the blade plugs look. The pics I have seen make them look like they are casted and not very clean or shines like their main site or etsy ones. Can you confirm?

Thanks again for posting the first ASP review.

Kickstarter ASP backer 1641
2 champ ASPs and a Bane.

My ASP Dissident Fury! 1 year 8 months ago #44595

• Andi-Jae EL
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 144
Congrats on your ASP and being the first to review one on the forum! Now bring on the rest!
- Light em up

My ASP Dissident Fury! 1 year 8 months ago #44633

• blinky2lame
Artair wrote:
My only concern remaining is how the blade plugs look. The pics I have seen make them look like they are casted and not very clean or shines like their main site or etsy ones. Can you confirm?

took a few extra pics for you. The top part is cast metal of some sort, does not shine, as you can see. the pics I've seen of the silver ones look like they were black like this and spray painted silver honestly.

My ASP Dissident Fury! 1 year 8 months ago #44637

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 569
This one does look better than the one in the first video that went up. Not sure if it's the design, or that it's in black.

My ASP Dissident Fury! 1 year 8 months ago #44639

• Afadir
  • Elite Member
  • There can be no light, without a dark to stand beside it.
  • Thank you received: 67
That is one fine looking saber, Blinky. And as everyone else has said, it compliments your Disciple beautifully.

Can't wait to see her with some electronics installed.
Owned: Champion Bane 12W Bl. Org.
Champion Fury 6W Green
Warrior Chosen 12W+ Mint Green
Champion Jinsu Razor v2 (ASP build) 12W+ Red*
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Afadir.

My ASP Dissident Fury! 1 year 8 months ago #45098

• Chadg
Congratulations! That looks great!

My ASP Dissident Fury! 1 year 8 months ago #45695

• Prowl
  • Thank you received: 43
Excellent review and some awesome pics! I agree that it and your Disciple compliment each other really well!
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Fly with the saber in you... (7 Posts)
    • Yeah, the SF batteries are under 13Wh, so no worries there.
    • Fly with the saber in you... (7 Posts)
    • Thanks for the answers everyone. The flight Company said the allowed amount of lithium in the...
    • Happy Thanksgiving (5 Posts)
    • Wishing all who celebrate the American Thanksgiving a time of reflection, happiness and...
    • AGONY - Ronin Mk 3 ( pic... (10 Posts)
    • Thanks to all who have had a peek and posted the kind and encouraging comments. I can honestly say...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6021
  • Latest Member: Minesniper
  • Total Posts: 61.9k
  • Total Topics: 5158
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 35
  • Yesterday Answer: 52