Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: The Halves of Harikēn

The Halves of Harikēn 1 year 5 months ago #60570

• naynayroy
  • Thank you received: 8
It finally came. Updating Spreadsheet after review.

$450 Tier

Components

LEDs: Indigo
Emitter: #10/Katana 5a
Switch: #4 x2
Body: #3 x2
Pommel: Sinister prophecy x2

All weathered

On 6/18/2016 in the morning, my Saber forge parcel was delivered. Enclosed was 2 saber stands, 2 v4 Blades, 2 chargers and batteries, my 2 emitters, bodies, switch-housings and pommels, Plugs and electronics for each. The only missing components were the covertech clips, and to my dismay the switch button for the Katana half arrived broken. Also, included was 2 small hex keys for retention screws. The two larger ones (seen in photograph) I was able to supply and it's worth noting to have a set handy in order to adjust covertech knob/shroud plates. My coupler (extra component) was sent in the wrong color, I asked for weathered and got this one. I'm not worried about the coupler so much, as I plan on doing a small leather wrap to hide it when the time comes.

I have notified saber forge and sent the appropriate video for evidence regarding the switch. My email was returned within 2 days, which was a relief. Overall i'd say i'm pretty pleased with the experience.

My assembly tips will be rather brief, as I was able to free-style it together rather easily, thanks to you fine gents and ma'ams of the forum. Something i'd definitely recommend to keep in mind, though is the amount of wiring that you'll need to cram into components as you decide using the builder. This ultimately is what I believe will determine the difficulty of your assembly, with more headroom offering the easier install.

For the time being I'm only leaving the one photograph. More will come when i've had time to get out and take ones i'm happy with once the whole thing is complete.

Thanks for the read.
Peace be with you.
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by naynayroy.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider, Borommakot, OvrcAHst, jonnys95s10

The Halves of Harikēn 1 year 5 months ago #60572

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 569
Beautiful looking hilts!
The following user(s) said Thank You: naynayroy

The Halves of Harikēn 1 year 5 months ago #60575

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 540
Cool sabers naynayroy! Your stand needs some help, just saying

Something like this and peel off the scratch protection paper.
Good luck and can't wait to see more photos.
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by =Ottomatix=.

The Halves of Harikēn 1 year 5 months ago #60577

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 342
Beautiful. Can't wait to see the completed project!
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

The Halves of Harikēn 1 year 5 months ago #60578

• naynayroy
Well thank you, but I was just tossing the parts from my second stand in there for the sake of the photograph. None of them have scratch paper on them, either. None that I can tell, anyways.

The Halves of Harikēn 1 year 5 months ago #60583

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 569
The brown part of the stand should be removable contact paper, exposing black acrylic underneath.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=, naynayroy

The Halves of Harikēn 1 year 5 months ago #60585

• Muns
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 138
Love it! Can't wait to see them connected.
:cheer:

The Halves of Harikēn 1 year 5 months ago #60599

• jonnys95s10
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 110
They look amazing and I can't wait to see more photos.

The Halves of Harikēn 1 year 5 months ago #60601

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1702
Excellent configuration naynayroy. It's a clever use of parts, ones that I had never thought of using and is exciting seeing what has been created. The weathering appears quite unique also, very different to a lot of the known weathering that is usually applied which results in a solid black finish. Maybe it's the picture or maybe it's completely accurate but it looks to have subtle hints of red and brown in there with ash-grey tones. Granted it's likely a completely random effect but IMO creates a notable separation to a SF weathered finish. What I did notice also was..

.. what is that? because it looks really cool and adds to the overall aesthetics. Is it a hand-made craft or something store bought? What blade lengths are you running with the setup and will the lengths change when you join them with the coupler? An echoed admiration and hope to see more of this beauty when it becomes more time permitting for you.

The Halves of Harikēn 1 year 5 months ago #60621

• naynayroy
Upon further inspection, I have found the scratch paper. It was just on there mega sturdy-like. Thanks, Borommakot. The little deal at the end, there OvrcAHst is just a piece of personal flair I wanted to add. It's composed of a piece of black leather cord, threaded though the pommel around the back end of the shroud. I tied it off in knots to keep it in place +add the beads. As far as weights and balances go, the small one is for more of a fencing-style grip. The large one is kendo-style. I plan on getting a 37' for him. Right now it's 32' on both. I've spent some time with them and the weights feel perfect. I don't even know if I want to join them anymore. The body sections make it a little long, for that. If I ever switch them out for a shorter piece, maybe. For now I really like them the way they are.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

The Halves of Harikēn 1 year 5 months ago #60635

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
naynayroy wrote:
Upon further inspection, I have found the scratch paper. It was just on there mega sturdy-like. Thanks, Borommakot."YOUR WELCOME" The little deal at the end, there OvrcAHst is just a piece of personal flair I wanted to add. It's composed of a piece of black leather cord, threaded though the pommel around the back end of the shroud. I tied it off in knots to keep it in place +add the beads. As far as weights and balances go, the small one is for more of a fencing-style grip. The large one is kendo-style. I plan on getting a 37' for him. Right now it's 32' on both. I've spent some time with them and the weights feel perfect. I don't even know if I want to join them anymore. The body sections make it a little long, for that. If I ever switch them out for a shorter piece, maybe. For now I really like them the way they are.

The Halves of Harikēn 1 year 5 months ago #60642

• naynayroy
Either i'm just really awkward at communicating on the internet (because I do have that problem) or that seems like some passive aggression regarding the fact that I forgot to use your screen name alongside his. As you can see I did thank you, I just didn't realize what exactly the paper was until he had specified it. I saw your image as I had seen it many times before and figured that was just the shiny black side, showing. I opted to have the brown scratch paper side showing because I honestly like the way it looks as a 2-tone stand. Sorta like wood maybe, idk.

The Halves of Harikēn 1 year 5 months ago #60835

• naynayroy
Sorry if I've offended anyone. Miscommunications like that confuse the heck outa me. Guess I'm out.

The Halves of Harikēn 1 year 5 months ago #60842

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
No offense taken, I originally was trying to point out something you missed. Luckily some other member backed up my attempt to help and you finally became aware of my efforts to enlighten you. Enjoy those fine sabers naynayroy, MTFBWY!
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Fly with the saber in you... (7 Posts)
    • Yeah, the SF batteries are under 13Wh, so no worries there.
    • Fly with the saber in you... (7 Posts)
    • Thanks for the answers everyone. The flight Company said the allowed amount of lithium in the...
    • Happy Thanksgiving (5 Posts)
    • Wishing all who celebrate the American Thanksgiving a time of reflection, happiness and...
    • AGONY - Ronin Mk 3 ( pic... (10 Posts)
    • Thanks to all who have had a peek and posted the kind and encouraging comments. I can honestly say...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6021
  • Latest Member: Minesniper
  • Total Posts: 61.9k
  • Total Topics: 5158
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 35
  • Yesterday Answer: 52