Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: ASP - Assailant - review

ASP - Assailant - review 4 months 5 days ago #61696

• Darth Crain
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 71
Hello, this is my first video review so be gentle ;)
I wanted to keep it short, but I wanted to talk about some suggestions that might help others in the future..

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, OvrcAHst, jonnys95s10

ASP - Assailant - review 4 months 5 days ago #61703

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 464
Darth Crain, nice review and sweet saber. I hope you figure out a way to align the pommel the way you intended. Definitely looks better that way. Awesome shirt "Sweep the leg Johnny!" Mr Miyagi would recommend chopsticks for that pesky fly. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darth Crain, OvrcAHst

ASP - Assailant - review 4 months 4 days ago #61721

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1398
Congratulations Brother! with finally getting your ASP and it is indeed a menacing looking configuration you have come up with. Seeing another Epoch Emitter is perhaps a sign that I shouldn't ignore as the look and generous shine-through evidently ticks my boxes of appreciation. I actually agree with your comment with having the angle-cut Pommel and Emitter lined in parallel and hope you have success with the shims. I did read over in ASP Section that an alternate method of equal effectiveness was O-Rings, perhaps something for consideration. You wrote once, over here, about being close to buying a Display Case. Did that eventuate to showcase your Collection? This dark instrument will compliment your Cosplay well together with your Destroyer mask and Voice Distorter. You could even hang your other Hilt's from your belt as Trophies from defeated foes. Thank you for sharing your Review Darth Crain.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darth Crain

ASP - Assailant - review 4 months 4 days ago #61724

• Darth Crain
  • Elite Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
Congratulations Brother! with finally getting your ASP and it is indeed a menacing looking configuration you have come up with. Seeing another Epoch Emitter is perhaps a sign that I shouldn't ignore as the look and generous shine-through evidently ticks my boxes of appreciation. I actually agree with your comment with having the angle-cut Pommel and Emitter lined in parallel and hope you have success with the shims. I did read over in ASP Section that an alternate method of equal effectiveness was O-Rings, perhaps something for consideration. You wrote once, over here, about being close to buying a Display Case. Did that eventuate to showcase your Collection? This dark instrument will compliment your Cosplay well together with your Destroyer mask and Voice Distorter. You could even hang your other Hilt's from your belt as Trophies from defeated foes. Thank you for sharing your Review Darth Crain.

Thank you OvrcAHst ! I am really happy with my ASP Assailant.. this is what my collection looks like at the moment.. and just passed the 12 week mark with my VV saber so I hope to have it in the next 4 or 5 weeks... let's see... I will most def buy that glass display cabinet for the sabers and mask.. will get that done soon. talk to you soon brother!

The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

ASP - Assailant - review 4 months 4 days ago #61728

• OvrcAHst
Hey, Thanks for updating your Family image. It actually provides me with a more definitive measure of Assailant's size. With such an ominous exterior, during your Video I had actually imagined it to be of equal size against Crimson Scorpion. More favourably though, Assailant's balance will be far superior if I'm not mistaken. Here's a thought, granted it lacks open visibility compared to panels of glass, have you ever thought of cutting away at some of the vertical panels of the cask (in between the steel belts) to create an enclosed shelf to display your Hilts?
and just passed the 12 week mark with my VV saber
I hope for your sake it's not an indication that applies to you as it was for me, received my December VV Order a couple of days ago and err.. um.. 28Weeks mate.
IIRC you were hoping for a Lightside Hilt. How's that decision process travelling? ;)

ASP - Assailant - review 4 months 4 days ago #61729

• Darth Crain
  • Elite Member
Yeah, I forgot to mention the size or place it next to another saber for scale.. I also forgot to zoom in and show more details in the video..
your idea sounds great, but my girl won't let me use the cask for the sabers .. I have to stay with the original idea..
yikes, 28 weeks? I was hoping to get it in 16 or 17 weeks since that was the lead time back when I ordered it,,, but now the lead is 20-24 weeks! oh well, at least I have enough to keep me busy lol so what VV did you get ?
take care.. I better get some sleep... talk to you soon!
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

ASP - Assailant - review 4 months 4 days ago #61732

• OvrcAHst
:oops: apologies Mate, stepped away from the PC :P
your idea sounds great, but my girl won't let me use the cask for the sabers .. I have to stay with the original idea..
A great compromise would be to use wall mount clips attached to the side of the cask :lol:
I was hoping to get it in 16 or 17 weeks since that was the lead time back when I ordered it,,, but now the lead is 20-24 weeks! oh well, at least I have enough to keep me busy lol so what VV did you get ?
:blink: I allowed the greater also when I was on a 12-14. Progress may have improved though. :huh:
I got a Relic Weathered Wrath. ;)

ASP - Assailant - review 4 months 3 days ago #61820

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 335
Great saber! Love the Epoch emitter in black finish with a Sith theme! I like that switch section you choose as well. That really is a great Dark Side saber! I'm not a big fan of the Viridium (spelling) sound font, but that Crimson sound font I think is one of the best dark side fonts!

You've definitely built yourself a winner! Great review as well! Thanks for the advice on the o-ring for the switches. I'm in the process of installing switches right now. I'm glad you reminded us of this. Thank you!

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darth Crain

ASP - Assailant - review 4 months 3 days ago #61851

• Darth Crain
  • Elite Member
Thank you HotRod !

I can't put it down lol

take care

ASP - Assailant - review 3 months 1 week ago #63849

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 336
Good review, I enjoyed watching it and very nice saber! I only just read this thread.
"I am the Senate"
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Reduced cost? (4 Posts)
    • Thank you Sir, lots of help.
    • ASP isn't supposed to be cheaper, it's supposed to be customizable. That alone would make it more...
    • 1.) For the most part, when compared to their main site counterparts, ASP hilts are broken down into...
    • I really though the ASP route was supposed to be a little easier on the prices? Tried to build a...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4665
  • Latest Member: Ricardus
  • Total Posts: 49.2k
  • Total Topics: 3692
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 112
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 5
  • Yesterday Answer: 11