Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Fear The Reaper

Fear The Reaper 1 year 3 months ago #64195

• BZArcher
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 92
So, like many other KS backers, I got a code for a discount on my first ASP purchase once the ShopSaberParts site went live.

I'd originally planned to make a couple other designs, but since my Kickstarter saber (Exarch) was a pretty light-sided saber (especially once I added one of Shameem's arctic green LEDs to it), I thought it might be better to go a little...darker.

Meet the Reaper.

Here's the build sheet for those interested:
  • ASP Emitter 04 (Dual Tone)
  • ASP Switch 08 (Black)
  • Dissident Body (Black, w/ Black Leather Wrap)
  • Exile pommel (Dual Tone)
  • ASP Blade Plug 2 (Dual Tone)

Due to some "whoopses" and duplicate packages being sent to me during the Kickstarter fulfillment, I had an extra warrior tier battery / wiring harness, so I also picked up a switch and a red LED to drop into it.

I love this hilt. It is on the long side, but it provides great grip and leverage, and something about those parts just works for me. It's sleek, it's graceful, and it looks like it could ruin your entire day.

Perfect.

Assembly went very smoothly thanks to paying attention to some tips from Artair's photo tutorial, and after going back and forth on gluing in the dummy switch, I decided to put it in for now, and worst case I will pop it out with a heat gun if I decide to install sound later.

Parts arrived in just under 10 days, which is impressive considering I put the order in on a Sunday evening, and everything arrived well packed and carefully wrapped. No QC issues or mismatches at all.

Here's a few more pictures - and I have to say, I didn't really think much about the exile pommel before, but after using it in this build, I really like it! I can see myself putting it into other custom designs in the future!

Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by BZArcher.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, Greysider, =Ottomatix=, Snakeeyz99, Borommakot, OvrcAHst

Fear The Reaper 1 year 3 months ago #64220

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 540
Awesome saber BZA. That emitter and blade plug go well together. I'm hoping to order an ASP sometime in September.

Fear The Reaper 1 year 3 months ago #64222

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 342
Very nice saber BZArcher. It looks menacing as hell and definitely has that darker look you were going for. Well done!
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Fear The Reaper 1 year 3 months ago #64225

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 643
Very nice. I got that emitter on the way too.

Congratz on an awesome saber.
"I am the Senate"

Fear The Reaper 1 year 3 months ago #64247

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
That emitter / blade plug combo is crazy awesome!

(Now I have that Blue Oyster Cult song stuck in my head). :lol:

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

Fear The Reaper 1 year 3 months ago #64254

• jonnys95s10
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 110
I really like the combination of parts and the mix of black and standard finish. As other mentioned great choice of blade plug for that emitter. Just a amazing looking saber all the way around great job!

Fear The Reaper 1 year 3 months ago #64505

• BZArcher
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 92
Thanks everyone! As you can tell, I'm really happy how this one turned out.

Next big project, sooner or later, will be adding sound to both my ASPs...but that is probably gonna have to wait for a few projects around the house to get finished, first. :)
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• K4 build (13 Posts)
    • Ooo I just saw Jas OT's mid-era exile weathered K4, that's a gorgeous take on the hilt. The...
    • Too Much of a Good Thing,... (6 Posts)
    • Hi All, I just have to laugh at all these Star Wars Theorists that in one YouTube video say "REY'S...
    • My Wife's Princess Rainbo... (15 Posts)
    • And to think the wife is only this girly on these kind of subjects; daily life it's all death metal,...
    • Custom Ascend MadCow GCS|... (26 Posts)
    • You're always on an entire league of your own :woohoo: Damn that is nice and making me think copper...
    • Relic Wrath VV|Story so f... (28 Posts)
    • The Wrath has just such a cool design; be it on its own as a cool-ass mace or as a pillar of doom -...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6001
  • Latest Member: Scottpilgrim2
  • Total Posts: 61.8k
  • Total Topics: 5148
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 2
  • Today Answer: 37
  • Yesterday Answer: 23