Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: ASP - Candesce

ASP - Candesce 1 year 3 months ago #65388

• ic3cold
  • Premium Member
  • Weaker than some, stronger than most
  • Thank you received: 92
Got my ASP order today and I am absolutely in love with it. Double bonus was that there was no customs, which is super weird because the ASP order that came yesterday did. I won't complain though, as this order was more expensive :)

I haven't given it a name yet, but this beast is 16" long and allows for a nice 2 handed grip. It's basically an Epoch emitter, Reliant Switch with a Dissident body and Pommel style 1. Gorgeous!! I also ordered this with the SaberCore Viridium plug 'n play sound with an Amber 12W+ LED.

Right off the bat, I knew I was going to swap out the retention screws for my brass thumbscrews, so I requested a brass covertech knob that came pre-installed. I also wanted to add a recharge port and lit LED switch, similar to what ToyKeeper did here. (ToyKeeper, thanks so much for this by the way. I was able to do the setup in one shot!! Which was good, because while I used some quick connects, the final battery hookup I just soldered it for sake of ease. Which meant I had to fully install everything else ahead of time. Glad it worked out. The only pain part was the previous switch came pre-installed and was a biotch to take out. Seriously, took me forever. Strongly recommend for future orders that you request the switch not be pre-installed. Although I do have to hand it to Saberforge, as they took my design and installed the switch in exactly the orientation I was going to implement it. Awesome on that front!! Lastly I covered the recharge port connections with liquid electrical tape and used lots of heatshrink on the other parts. If I get an opportunity I'll take the saber apart and snap some pics...I only took 1 at the start and then got super into the setup I forgot to take more).

Went with a segmented switch, and I like it as it is subtle. I also like that it's not overly bright and discreet :) FYI - alignment overall was pretty good, but I needed to use 3 shims to get it to exactly the way I wanted it.

I mentioned above the length of this is 16" and I really like the extra length. You can get a nice 2 handed grip on it, and the weighting is nice and balanced.

I went with the Blade Plug #4 model - 3" and just had to trim it down slightly so that it sat nicely within the emitter. My only issue at this point, is the black portion of the emitter is a separate piece and is a bit loose. I'm going to Gorilla Glue it at some point as there is no need for it to come apart.

Now I just need to figure out a name for this saber :) Thanks for looking...

EDIT: Saber name is Candesce. Thanks OvrcAHst!!
There must be both dark and light.
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by ic3cold.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=, Borommakot, OvrcAHst, DK44, ToyKeeper

ASP - Saber name TBC :) 1 year 3 months ago #65390

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 569
Congrats! Very slick looking hilt!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ic3cold

ASP - Saber name TBC :) 1 year 3 months ago #65392

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1698
Great build and definitely far from being ic3cold 'cos it's d4mnhot, Well Done! Congrats with the receipt free of Customs and the success you had with the illuminated (segmented) AV and recharge Port. Really like the use of Parts with a special note to the Coupler between the Switch and Body. A name that comes to mind, Candesce.. derived from incandesce or Latin for incandescere. The chosen Amber is perfectly accentuated through the Emitter windows too. Thank for with sharing such a beautiful design.

ASP - Saber name TBC :) 1 year 3 months ago #65395

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
Nice use of that coupler! I'm also really liking the new segmented switches.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor

ASP - Saber name TBC :) 1 year 3 months ago #65396

• ic3cold
  • Premium Member
  • Weaker than some, stronger than most
  • Thank you received: 92
OvrcAHst wrote:
A name that comes to mind, Candesce.. derived from incandesce or Latin for incandescere.

Love it! We have the name :). Thanks so much for the comments. Been looking forward to this build ever since I designed it. Really happy the electrical changes worked out too :)
There must be both dark and light.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

ASP - Candesce 1 year 3 months ago #65401

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 643
Quite a nice design. The brass covertec and the amber make a nice match.
"I am the Senate"

ASP - Candesce 1 year 3 months ago #65429

• DK44
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 165
Very cool saber! Love the color combinations on this one (man i'm a sucker for gold accents on sabers)! And that amber color is beautiful! Congrats & Enjoy!

ASP - Candesce 1 year 3 months ago #65451

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
That's a 3 handed grip saber! :lol: Awesome! I really like the use of the segmented AV switch here. I've got one and I haven't found the right hilt for it yet. You obviously did. Very very nice indeed! Very monstrous, that hilt of yours.

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

ASP - Candesce 1 year 3 months ago #65456

• jonnys95s10
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 110
I really like the way your saber turned out. Nice use of the coupler and addition of the brass parts. I also like the amber color. Nice job on this one!
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• K4 build (13 Posts)
    • Ooo I just saw Jas OT's mid-era exile weathered K4, that's a gorgeous take on the hilt. The...
    • Too Much of a Good Thing,... (6 Posts)
    • Hi All, I just have to laugh at all these Star Wars Theorists that in one YouTube video say "REY'S...
    • My Wife's Princess Rainbo... (15 Posts)
    • And to think the wife is only this girly on these kind of subjects; daily life it's all death metal,...
    • Custom Ascend MadCow GCS|... (26 Posts)
    • You're always on an entire league of your own :woohoo: Damn that is nice and making me think copper...
    • Relic Wrath VV|Story so f... (28 Posts)
    • The Wrath has just such a cool design; be it on its own as a cool-ass mace or as a pillar of doom -...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6001
  • Latest Member: Scottpilgrim2
  • Total Posts: 61.8k
  • Total Topics: 5148
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 2
  • Today Answer: 37
  • Yesterday Answer: 23