Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Review: Old Republic ASP saber

Review: Old Republic ASP saber 5 months 3 weeks ago #70463

• Thelegorn
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi guys.

I want to share with you my ASP saber.

The design is inspired from Old Republic MMORPG games. It's a small one handed saber, and it looks awesome! :lol:

I made it one year ago thru IGG campaign, and after several months of waiting and some problems it finally arrives on November.

Saber configuration:
Emitter: Reliant Emitter . Standard
Switch: Switch 5 . Standard
Body: Gladius Body . Standard . Brown Leather
Pommel: Jade Pommel . Standard
Plug: Blade Plug 1 . Silver
Blade: Blade 32''
LED: Led 12W+ . Blood Orange
Soundboard: Sound Crimson

Modifications:
  • I added a charge port and made a custom killkey. It's cheap an very easy to do it, you may need to rewire the negative from battery to electronics board doing some soldering.

• I also cut around 3 inches of the blade to equilibrate the saber as a whole.

Highs:
The saber has a very good finish, and it's very solid. Man this thing it's heavy with all stuff inside.
Sound is loud even at Low setting.
Led is very bright.

Lows:
It's expensive for a non USA customer because Custom taxes (+120$ in Spain).

Bottom side:
I going to tell you the creepy history behind the shipping.

Saberforge send me a saber back on July, but they mixed my order with another one and the saber that I received was from another guy! In addition, the package was retained for 2 months at Customs and charged me another 120$ of taxes. Ouch!

I contacted Saberforge to settle up this mess, so I had to return the package to USA and Saberforge sent me the saber that I ordered. They gave me a 100$ gift card to cover shipping costs (that I will never use), but unfortunately they do not cover Custom taxes of the 1st shipment...

On October, the 2nd shipment arrives my country but it was retained again at Customs for 1 month. They also charged me another 100$ of taxes... Double ouch!

In summary Saberforge's mistake cost me 4 months and ~200$ more than Indiegogo's 350$ contribution.

Enjoy the pictures!

PS: If anyone of you is interested in the 100$ gift card let me know. I sell it for 80$ thru Paypal.

Last Edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by Thelegorn.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WookieeGunner, =Ottomatix=, For Tyeth, OvrcAHst

Review: Old Republic ASP saber 5 months 3 weeks ago #70485

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 523
Unique combination of parts, well done. Definitely has a Old Republic feel, and looks the part.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thelegorn

Review: Old Republic ASP saber 5 months 3 weeks ago #70514

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 819
Hi Thelegorn,

I agree with =Otto=, well done! All the parts tie together nicely and the Blood Orange fits perfectly to the look.

kind regards,

For Tyeth
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=, Thelegorn

Review: Old Republic ASP saber 4 months 2 weeks ago #72067

• Thelegorn
  • Thank you received: 5
Thank you guys.

I discover that if you want to practice with the saber, it has to be perfectly equilibrated. The mass center need to be in the point where the blade inserts into the body, so I cut about 1 inch more of the blade.

In this way you can make more fluid movements with less effort. B)
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Han Solo Movie Loses Dire... (25 Posts)
    • If this is even remotely true, not only were the two directors fired for good cause, it makes Ron...
    • PS-Luke V2 done (24 Posts)
    • Final internal photo's of this install, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna put the Graflex logo clamp on once...
    • Dark Brown Leather Wraps (1 Posts)
    • Hello! I'm considering ordering a 12w medium blue warrior tier disciple with the dark brown leather...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5263
  • Latest Member: SithLordShrek
  • Total Posts: 56.1k
  • Total Topics: 4687
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 1
  • Yesterday Answer: 21