Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Avenger.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Avenger Review 02/11/2016

Avenger Review 02/11/2016 1 year 4 months ago #40820

• todd4566
  • Thank you received: 2
First post on this board... thought I'd try to help someone else make a decision...

I'll keep this short and sweet. I've owned Master Replicas sabers since the very beginning and built a TCSS saber as well. Trouble was, none of them ever felt very complete. So here I am again, buying the most expensive toy ever, to satisfy some unfulfilled childhood endeavor - so be it. I did some homework on Saberforge and UltraSabers but probably not enough. I have had my eye on UltraSabers for awhile now and I'm sure their product is fine but I've always been a bit apprehensive. Then I find Saberforge. Product looks good, nice hilts, detachable blade, blade plugs, duel worth, etc.

So here we are.. 11 or so weeks later and my saber arrives and damn I was excited. Open the box, all contents there & packaged well.. fire it up looks good. One trouble.. the hilt is sharp. Not much of a problem for me I have polished up a lot of things in my life so I get to it a lot faster than I anticipated.. I suppose by that I mean I always knew I'd polish this thing based on the pictures but maybe not quite this fast. Anyway, not biggie.. I polished it up and all is pretty well. I did have a little trouble with the recharge port getting a little loose on me but otherwise this product has thus far been solid. I'd recommend this saber model to anyone but you may want to be prepared for some light 2000 grit sanding and/or metal polish as I definitely had some rough edges prior.

Overall this thing is fantastic. Easily defeats my MR sabers in brightness and dueling ability.. the flicker is fantastic too! Maybe one more complaint is the soundcard. I choose the viridian and it seems a little bland at times in comparison to some other cards I've heard; not a totally fair knock though the thing is nice.

Not my best review here by any stretch but I wanted to post sometthing.. I read a few last night and felt inspired, despite my current level of exhaustion. Feel free to post up questions! I'll be checking.. my polish work is not complete but it's coming along nicely. Cheers
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaden Korr, ajeekenobi

Avenger Review 02/11/2016 1 year 4 months ago #40990

• Andi-Jae EL
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 144
Looks great! What parts of the hilt were sharp/rough? This was my favorite hilt of the prequel trilogy. Looking forward to one day dueling with my very own. Did you upgrade to quick connects? If so, what other LEDs did you purchase?
- Light em up

Avenger Review 02/11/2016 1 year 4 months ago #40993

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 560
Thanks for the review! Which areas did you need to sand/polish to remove sharp edges?

Avenger Review 02/11/2016 1 year 4 months ago #41013

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
the flicker is fantastic too!
What setting do you have it on?
Maybe one more complaint is the soundcard. I choose the viridian and it seems a little bland at times in comparison to some other cards I've heard; not a totally fair knock though the thing is nice.

I think SF's Sabercore 2.0 boards (3.0 is in the works) are a nice middle ground of features, ease of use, and price point. It can power a 12w quad-Cree LED (normally only available on high end boards or by hacking others), and while it doesn't have swappable sound banks, having one sound font hardwired to the board allows the in hilt menu to set the flicker, volume, swing and clash sensitivities instead of putting an SD card into a computer.

The nice thing about number of saber-specific soundboards (like SF's Sabercore, the Nano Bisocotti and Crystal Focus from Plector Labs, or the Spark 2 and Ignitor from Naigon's Electronic Creations) is that you can find the one that fits both you wants and budget. Want a really bright saber that doesn't require a lot of setup? the Sabercore is right for you. Want a cross guard saber with delayed secondary blades ignition? Naigon's boards are the way to go. Want all the bells and whistles and have a lot more to spend? The Crystal Focus has what you want.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Jaden Korr. Reason: clarity

Avenger Review 02/11/2016 1 year 4 months ago #41209

• todd4566
  • Thank you received: 2
Andi-Jae EL wrote:
Looks great! What parts of the hilt were sharp/rough? This was my favorite hilt of the prequel trilogy. Looking forward to one day dueling with my very own. Did you upgrade to quick connects? If so, what other LEDs did you purchase?

Mainly around the middle where you would naturally rest your hand and big time on the ball spikes.
Borommakot wrote:
Thanks for the review! Which areas did you need to sand/polish to remove sharp edges?

800-2000 grit sand paper and a lot of metal polish. My personal favorite is semichrome polish
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Saberforge DIY parts (4 Posts)
    • I like it. Without all of those knobs and stuff hanging off of it, it's bound to be more...
    • Here is another pic, just because the fake switch box wasnt showing, lol...[image]
    • Hello guys, it's been a while since I last used this forum, I hope you're all doing well. Me and a...
    • Saberforge Prodigal Son (1 Posts)
    • I am trying to do an electronics build on a Saberforge Prodigal Son initiate tier hilt, and I had a...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5268
  • Latest Member: Annotationsmll
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4695
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 5
  • Yesterday Answer: 15