Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Avenger.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Now that's what I call perfect timing!

Now that's what I call perfect timing! 1 year 3 weeks ago #58929

• DK44
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 137
Hello Everyone!
I got my Avenger the other day! This is my second Saberforge Saber (I also have a Prodigal Son). My wife surprised me back in March by telling me to pick out a saber for my 40th birthday (which was June 4th). She knew the lead times were long so I placed the order on March 15th hoping that it would arrive by June 4th. I figured even if it arrived a couple weeks after my birthday it’d be ok. So needless to say I was stoked when my status changed to “shipped” on May 22nd. I thought I’d have a good chance of getting it in time for my birthday. It changed to pre-shipment on May 24th and stayed that way for awhile…..then I got the notice that it had been picked up by USPS and it would arrive on…….June 6th …….Bummer. But still that’s not bad I thought.

Then I was real surprised when I checked the tracking number just for the heck of it on the morning of my birthday and it showed an updated delivery day—June 4th!....only one problem, my mail usually doesn’t get delivered until about 3pm. We were leaving the house around 2:15 pm that day---bummer again. Then to my surprise the doorbell rang at (and this is no joke) at 2:10….my saber had arrived with 5 minutes to spare!!

I ordered my Avenger (Champion Tier) with 12W+ Medium Blue and Viridium sound. The saber is beautiful! It’s a lighter than my Prodigal Son, but not too light. The medium blue is awesome, bright as hell too! I read some other reviews about the metal pieces on the pommel being sharp but mine is perfectly fine. The Avenger is everything I hoped it would be (it’s my favorite of all the prequel movie sabers). Overall this is another fantastic saber by Saberforge! And my 5 and 3 year old daughters are excited too cause now we have 2 sabers to duel with!....Ok enough babbling, here are the pics:

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaden Korr, Afadir, Greysider, OvrcAHst

Now that's what I call perfect timing! 1 year 3 weeks ago #58930

• DK44
  • Elite Member

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaden Korr, Afadir, Greysider, Eddlyss64, OvrcAHst

Now that's what I call perfect timing! 1 year 3 weeks ago #58933

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1063
That sir is a beautiful saber!

Obviously, you and this saber were destined to be together as soon as possible, so everything fell into place to make it happen! Every time I see an Avenger, I want one more and more, and seeing yours just might have been the final nudge I needed.

Congrats on your new addition!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The following user(s) said Thank You: DK44

Now that's what I call perfect timing! 1 year 3 weeks ago #58936

• Renaissance1459
  • "I am a Jedi...like my father before me!"
  • Thank you received: 34
Congratulations on your wonderful Avenger saber and happy birthday, DK44!

I read it somewhere that "When you want something the most, and you work hard yet patiently for it, somehow the universe will conspire and make it happen for you at the best possible time"...So perhaps that might explain your perfect timing! :lol:

By the way, the medium blue looks fantastic on this saber!

Now that's what I call perfect timing! 1 year 3 weeks ago #58948

• Afadir
  • Elite Member
  • There can be no light, without a dark to stand beside it.
  • Thank you received: 67
Birthday wishes DO come true!

(Man, we really need a picture of a "lightsaber fairy" for times like this!)

Gorgeous saber, man. Glad everything worked out for you!
Owned: Champion Bane 12W Bl. Org.
Champion Fury 6W Green
Warrior Chosen 12W+ Mint Green
Champion Jinsu Razor v2 (ASP build) 12W+ Red*

Now that's what I call perfect timing! 1 year 3 weeks ago #58959

• Andi-Jae EL
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 144
Well Happy Birthday to you! Congrats on your 2nd saber! We seem to have very similar taste in sabers. Glad you like it and how could you not, it's Obi-Wan's lightsaber! Perfect color choice and I'm glad to hear your pommel isn't sharp either. Pics look great and you have another great stand. Thanks for sharing that the PS weighs a little more. Makes me happy.
- Light em up

Now that's what I call perfect timing! 1 year 3 weeks ago #58967

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603
Congratulations DK44 with successful receipt of another iconic Hilt. It wasn't that long ago that I recalled reading about the similar events that took place when you received the glorious Prodigal Son. Now you have two stunning pieces that adorn the designated shelf with an impressive Stand to display it. I wonder, Did Breakfast and Lunch taste just a little better on that very day knowing that a delivery was imminent? :P Brilliant Photos and subject placement and the illumination of the Medium Blue is beautiful. Maybe it's the effectiveness of your Camera or just the characteristic of the Hilt itself, I find that the Avenger appears slightly more polished boasting high lustre than other Standard Finish Hilts. My excitement may just have raised another level as I anticipate an incoming Avenger. ;) Thank your with sharing your trophy.

Now that's what I call perfect timing! 1 year 3 weeks ago #59010

• DK44
  • Elite Member
Andi-Jae EL wrote:
Well Happy Birthday to you! Congrats on your 2nd saber! We seem to have very similar taste in sabers. Glad you like it and how could you not, it's Obi-Wan's lightsaber!

Thanks Andi-Jae EL! We certainly do have simliar taste in sabers! When i placed my order i had narrowed my choice to the Avenger or a weathered Fury with a red LED, but like you i'm a sucker for the cannon sabers and these two are my favorites! (I just had to have an Obi-Wan saber!). I hope you get your Prodigal Son soon! You'll love it!
Last Edit: 1 year 3 weeks ago by DK44.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andi-Jae EL

Now that's what I call perfect timing! 1 year 3 weeks ago #59012

• DK44
  • Elite Member
Thanks OvrcAHst! Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner tasted very good that day, lol! :P

Hope you get your Avenger soon!
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Now that's what I call perfect timing! 1 year 3 weeks ago #59070

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Congrats and Happy Birthday! Those two sabers look so good displayed together!

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

Now that's what I call perfect timing! 10 months 3 weeks ago #64258

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 207
Hoy hoy, I'm late to the party as usual!

I agree with Brax's earlier statement. The Avenger is a beautiful saber, and I want one with every new review and picture I see! Too bad I'm broke right now...

Awesome saber bro!

Emerald Knight, Chosen, Dark Paladin, Sentinel
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Saberforge DIY parts (3 Posts)
    • Here is another pic, just because the fake switch box wasnt showing, lol...[image]
    • Saberforge DIY parts (3 Posts)
    • Hello guys, it's been a while since I last used this forum, I hope you're all doing well. Me and a...
    • yellow FoC with tri-cree/... (5 Posts)
    • Thanks for the tips, everyone. I ordered both a pR/pR/Lime and a pR/pR/W (warm white, 2700K). I'll...
    • My First Comic Con (12 Posts)
    • Hi Takamatsu, You are famous as far as I'm concerned! And it was a pleasure to meet you....

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5269
  • Latest Member: Annotationsmll
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4694
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 4
  • Yesterday Answer: 15