Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Bane.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Champion Bane 12W Cyan

Champion Bane 12W Cyan 11 months 17 hours ago #64571

• Mystic
  • Thank you received: 12
This saber is so cool! It's my second saber and first curved hilt and I gotta say that the curve on this hilt is very nice and very comfortable. I got the unweathered finish because I really liked the way the dual tone on curved hilts and I've really been wanting a cyan saber so I went with it on this one. I love that Saberforge opened up their Etsy page as a fast shipping option so I didn't have to wait so long for this one to come in. I ordered it in a champion tier and this thing is loud! I like that it comes with volume settings too. Well, onto the actual review.

The curve on this hilt feels a lot more subtle than it looked. I was initially worried that it would feel more like a bent tube rather than a curved hilt but it is a comfortable one handed or two handed saber. Once you find the right grip you won't want to put this down!

I feel like a black sheep here in the saber community because (unpopular opinion) I actually really like the new SF kill keys :side: I always see people talking about how they prefer the old ones but I've always thought the new ones looked a lot cooler.

SF's 12W LEDs are pretty phenomenal. Cyan is a great color for sabers and comes out perfect in pictures. It's also a color that compliments the dual-toned finish very well.

I like the blade plug that my Oracle came with a little better than the one the Bane came with but I think the Bane's blade plug matches the overall design better anyways

When compared to my Oracle this hilt is huge! Being such a comfortable one handed saber I was not expecting it to be that much bigger. Dual wielding a cyan and a yellow saber looks really cool too since the colors compliment each other very well.

The cyan looks like it's a lot brighter but I think that's cause I haven't charged my Oracle since I got it :whistle: SF includes the covertec wheel uninstalled so that you could choose which side to put it on but I think I'm going to put on a d-ring instead so it doesn't get in the way. One downside is that the blade retention screw uses a different size allen key than the one they include but that wasn't too bad since I already had the right size lying around.

I love the designs of the two curved hilts that SF has to offer but unfortunately I don't have the pleasure of being able to directly compare the Bane to the Vanquish. I think that's something every curved hilt fan would love to see! I'm very happy with my purchase and after receiving two solid sabers from SF I could definitely say they are a great company with great products to offer! Thank you for reading this and may the force be with you!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, Greysider, =Ottomatix=, Borommakot, OvrcAHst

Champion Bane 12W Cyan 10 months 4 weeks ago #64680

• Mystic
Here's a better comparison of Saberforge's yellow (fully charged) and cyan LEDs

Champion Bane 12W Cyan 10 months 4 weeks ago #64742

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Great review! I don't own a curved saber and I'm always curious as to how they feel. Was it strange swinging it around compared to a normal hilt (if there is such a thing)? Thanks again!

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

Champion Bane 12W Cyan 10 months 4 weeks ago #64743

• Mystic
It's actually very comfortable swinging around and didn't feel awkward at all. I grip it right on the curve and it seemingly gets better reach than the straight hilts (purely based off of practice duels with my friend). Going two-handed also works well because, based off of a suggestion in one of Shameem's Bane videos, I was able to use the pommel to my advantage to get power strikes and get out of a saber-lock. Even duel wielding it with my Oracle feels natural. Most complaints I've seen about this saber was the sharp ends on the shroud cutting them but since I grip away from the shroud and on the curve the sharp ends don't cut me. Hope this response helps!
The following user(s) said Thank You: HotRod

Champion Bane 12W Cyan 10 months 2 weeks ago #65425

• Mystic
Small update but I added a small d-ring on the left side of the pommel. I personally really like the way it looks there.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Borommakot

Champion Bane 12W Cyan 10 months 2 weeks ago #65434

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 300
That cyan is beautiful. While not a fan of the curved hilts, I do appreciate the design of them. Very nice. And just so you know, you're not the only person who likes the new kill keys. ;) B)
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mystic
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5312
  • Latest Member: WilliamsRet
  • Total Posts: 56.4k
  • Total Topics: 4719
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119