Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Bane.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: All Silver Champion 12w+ Red

All Silver Champion 12w+ Red 1 year 11 months ago #16429

• Lord Callous
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not without mercy. Surrender and you may live."
  • Thank you received: 61
It's been roughly a decade since my purchase of my Parks and Master Replica Sabers. With the new trilogy upon us and the Celebration Cruise next spring (tickets already booked!!), I felt it was time to begin anew my Lightsaber collection.

I spent quite a bit of time researching Saber-smiths and as you can imagine I was confronted with a number of different reviews and opinions. It is by the will of the Force that, as I was about to make a purchase elsewhere, I decided to see if there were any new and exciting hilts popping up on the SF site. I came across Darth Mario's thread with the new and upcoming releases. When I saw the render for the Count and the Bane, I closed my purse strings and decided to play the waiting game throwing my hand in with SF!

I am both a fan of Darth Bane and Curved hilts. So naturally as soon as the Bane was released I made my purchase. I couldn't be happier. Here is my review:

Site/ Wait Time - Etsy / Roughly 8 weeks
- Purchased June 11th
- Arrived August 7th
- Though my wait time was longer than most for the Bane, customer service did an awesome job keeping me informed about the delay.

Arrival - Toblerone in perfect condition

Unboxing and First impression - The saber is a masterful work of art. Perfect in almost every way. The covertech knob was shipped detached and in the box because I did not specify a side. It was a simple install.

Charging - 1.5 hours to full

Grip - Comfortable for Makashi or Djem So

Details - Exquisite. Lines are nearly perfect. Curves and edges are smooth. Only 2 blemishes to speak of...
1. Tip of claw not edged to 90 angle (this is me knit picking)
2. because the hilt is literally 2 separate pieces light escapes through the crease on the emitter. (again knit picking)

Blade and LED - 36 / 12w+
- I should have gone 32 for the blade. I feel like the 36 is too heavy for the Hilt. This of course is a personal preference.
- Blade is illuminated from hilt to tip (though the pics don't do justice)
- Illuminates the entire room. Very impressive!

Sound
- Love the ignition but the hum loses some of the umph for me.
- It's awesome that you can change the settings although I haven't found the sweet spot yet - I think I like 4 for clash and 7 for swing. Still testing :P

Overall impression - 9 /10 I absolutely love the saber. All things considered, it is nearly a perfect saber for me. I only wish that it was available in a polished silver. Make no mistake, I was fully aware that this was not an available option.

Enjoy some pics:

"Destiny is a lie. Fate is the falsest of hopes. I am beyond prophecy. I forge my own path by making the difficult choices..."
The administrator has disabled public write access.

All Silver Champion 12w+ Red 1 year 11 months ago #16430

• Lord Callous
  • Platinum Member
A few more to compare brightness.

Attachments:
"Destiny is a lie. Fate is the falsest of hopes. I am beyond prophecy. I forge my own path by making the difficult choices..."

All Silver Champion 12w+ Red 1 year 11 months ago #16431

• Lord Callous
  • Platinum Member
And last bunch:

All Silver Champion 12w+ Red 1 year 11 months ago #16433

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1096
Another tantalizingly beautiful Bane! I love these things! You have my congratulations, my admiration, and my envy all simultaneously.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5312
  • Latest Member: WilliamsRet
  • Total Posts: 56.4k
  • Total Topics: 4719
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0